Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahead of who already plays midfield minutes? Ahead of Parish who struggles to get minutes? I don’t see it.

There’s obviously a reason he consistently gets overlooked at selection. I don’t see the point in recruiting a depth player to be depth.
Well we are obviously going to change up our rotation at the end of year. We need a bigger body starting in there. Smith should get his minutes reduced.

Can anyone tell me about the prospects of Tex Wanganeen and the Davey twins? When will they be available for the draft? How highly are they rated? All small forwards or...?

Can anyone tell me about the prospects of Tex Wanganeen and the Davey twins? When will they be available for the draft? How highly are they rated? All small forwards or...?
2021 draft

Ahead of who already plays midfield minutes? Ahead of Parish who struggles to get minutes? I don’t see it.

There’s obviously a reason he consistently gets overlooked at selection. I don’t see the point in recruiting a depth player to be depth.
Lyons was also overlooked by GC, wouldn’t read too much into that.

Parish is kept out of the midfield by McGrath, Shiel and Merrett because the four of them are broadly similar. We don't really have anybody in the 22 that does the role which Brodie plays.

At the Suns, Brodie is behind Swallow, Greenwood and probably Bowes. Swallow is perennially underrated, Greenwood is top 6 in the comp for clearances and Bowes would probably get a game for us too.

Could do a lot worse than burn a pick in this years draft on Brodie IMO.

I don’t understand how we struggle to rotate four blokes when top sides move 7-8 through with ease.

How can the Dogs have Bont Macrae Dunkley Hunter Smith and Libba run through the midfield effectively and it never seems like one is forced onto a flank where they can't contribute?

Seems we have 3 mids who can have a good game and that's it then all our other guys just sit on the outside and struggle to get involved?

How can the Dogs have Bont Macrae Dunkley Hunter Smith and Libba run through the midfield effectively and it never seems like one is forced onto a flank where they can't contribute?

Seems we have 3 mids who can have a good game and that's it then all our other guys just sit on the outside and struggle to get involved?
GWS:
Whitfield, Coniglio, Taranto, Kelly and Hopper. Caldwell and O'Halloran with limited minutes in the middle, but able to play there nonetheless.

We have Shiel, Parish, Merrett and McGrath really. Shiel is tagged most of the time, essentially leaving us with the other 3.

Tex is for 2021.

Davey twins for 2022.

Trade
Joe Daniher: Worth Late First/ or 2 second’s if we are lucky.

Orazio Fantasia: 2nd or 2 third’s for points.

Targets

Will Brodie Gold Coast
Peter Wright Gold Coast
Charlie Constable Geelong
Mitch Lewis Hawthorn
Josh Battle St Kilda

GWS:
Whitfield, Coniglio, Taranto, Kelly and Hopper. Caldwell and O'Halloran with limited minutes in the middle, but able to play there nonetheless.

We have Shiel, Parish, Merrett and McGrath really. Shiel is tagged most of the time, essentially leaving us with the other 3.
Everything seems really hard for us

Hunter is basically a full time winger, Bont and Dunkley do spend about 30% of their game forward, plus they pushed Wallis into being a pretty much permanent FP as well as McLean being a flanker despite him being a really good midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not in any position, to be trading away early picks.
We aren’t a contender! We are still a middle of the road team.
Anyone that wants out..... let em go! Dont care how good they are!
The few positives our club has atm is the youth coming through. Keep em coming. We haven’t used the draft well for years! It’s reflective of where we are at.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hunter is basically a full time winger, Bont and Dunkley do spend about 30% of their game forward, plus they pushed Wallis into being a pretty much permanent FP as well as McLean being a flanker despite him being a really good midfielder.
So they make it work, we can't seem to get any semblance of a structured system, who's fault is it coaches or players?

So they make it work, we can't seem to get any semblance of a structured system, who's fault is it coaches or players?
Yep. But Hunter would be a winger in our system too, it's his best position

Just checked the centre bounces last night. There was 20. So 60 starting midfielders

Shiel 17
McGrath 15
Tipungwuti 11
Smith 11
Merrett 4
Parish 2

So there’s our mix. Guys getting squeezed out and can’t get into the centre clearances? That’s because Tippa and Smith are in there a lot.

That’s what to remember I guess when Hibberd can’t get a game in the middle. Or when Parish leaves the club to play in the middle elsewhere.

Just checked the centre bounces last night. There was 20. So 60 starting midfielders

Shiel 17
McGrath 15
Tipungwuti 11
Smith 11
Merrett 4
Parish 2

So there’s our mix. Guys getting squeezed out and can’t get into the centre clearances? That’s because Tippa and Smith are in there a lot.

That’s what to remember I guess when Hibberd can’t get a game in the middle. Or when Parish leaves the club to play in the middle elsewhere.
How does that compare to previous weeks? I have a feeling that they swap around week to week. Walla also seems to end up there late in games when he's not having a lot of impact forward.

How does that compare to previous weeks? I have a feeling that they swap around week to week. Walla also seems to end up there late in games when he's not having a lot of impact forward.

Not sure about previous weeks. Walla was in right throughout the game, pretty even across the quarters. Think he started in there actually.

R9

PlayerFantasyTOGCBA
Dylan Shiel5881%19
Andrew McGrath6580%15
Tom Bellchambers2574%13
Darcy Parish6082%9
Devon Smith6480%9
Sam Draper5578%8
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti3386%6
Zach Merrett5879%5

R8

PlayerFantasyTOGCBA
Tom Bellchambers6588%19
Andrew McGrath11885%17
Zach Merrett13874%14
Darcy Parish7382%13
Devon Smith4785%9
Mitchell Hibberd8180%4
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti5888%2
Shaun McKernan4689%1
Will Snelling9288%1

R7

PlayerFantasyTOGCBA
Andrew McGrath7679%19
Andrew Phillips7280%18
Zach Merrett7482%18
Devon Smith7679%15
Darcy Parish6577%13
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti4179%8
Shaun McKernan4582%7
Ned Cahill3180%2

You can find the rest here https://www.afl.com.au/fantasy/news

Devon smith is too much of a liablity in there, and Tippa is only there because he is doing fu** all up forward

He goes in there because the midfield dies in the arse and they put him in there to ‘work his magic’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back