Autopsy vs Collingwood - Round 13 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

We desperately need some speed to tackle and pressure in the front half, 3 tackles inside 50 for the game isn't enough.

I thought we were good for the 1st quarter and half and with a little bit of luck would have 2-3 more goals on the board which would have made it interesting We were ok in the 3rd, clearly ran out of gas in the last quarter.

We/I am learning a heap about our players. Certain players looked good and will make our side better in the long run.
- EVW had a great first half, cannot wait to see him with a full pre-season next year.
- Bmac keeps on looking great in the contest and his confidence will grow with ball in hand.
- Murph showed a bit on the wing, still like him at half back though.
- LDU, Trent, Jy and Jed had the better of the Pies in the first half - Pendles, Adams and Steele gradually got on top but
- Goldy got the bob in over Grundy but they largely negated each other.

Don't think X and Larks work in the same forward line and i hope Cam Z is carrying an injury because he severely down on his general pressure and i am not sure we can carry him as a mid/tall with not many pressure acts.

I think we have to give Polec and Hall a run in the last couple of games to figure out what we are going to do with them. I don't think there is a spot for Jasper going forward.

Gee whiz uncle chop chop. I don’t see why you see. they’ve got blokes who can use the ball. That’s a start.

Give us the 2 years LB2 they have on our mids and we win that game no doubt.

Pies aren't winning anything this year.

The forwards are to blame tonight.

I reckon they ****ed up at least 10 scoring shots with procrastination, s**t execution and poor decision making.

The backline were good.

Phew Walker’s kick didn’t make the distance was worried we might score apoint for the qtr

Pretty sure Xerri punched that over the line, sorry to disappoint you. :thumbsu:

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t count if your own team punches it through

I thought had to hit the ground irrespective, could be wrong though. Not exactly a rule I researched.

Last edited:
On the other hand, I don’t want to hear how our young forwards are ready to push on without Brown. Forward 50 rainmakers all night did not help but even so.

There's still work to do down there with or without Brown but we're not going to see it at all this year based on how they're being instructed to play. It barely gets down there and when it does it is the long way around - Carey would jag a few, but not too many others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clangers from senior players like Higgins, Atley, Dumont, Williams, etc are stifling the development, and putting the health of our youngsters at risk.

RFI's : Kicking, Tackling, Unrewarded running.

I did find positives in BMac, Bailey, Mahony, and tightening the grip on pick #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back