Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, I think it's very reasonable to feel optimistic about this season, but also expect to rt done here by 5-10 goals. GWS away (when they've played and we haven't) is probably our toughest game for the year, realistically.

Fun fact: we're the only Vic club not playing in Vic in Round 1.

Just a coincidence I'm sure. Like all the other coincidences over the last 15 years.
Agree it's not a coincidence, but we make it very difficult as a club to argue unfair treatment when we're playing over a 3rd of our games interstate by choice...

And I have more confidence in this side than any side we’ve put out over the last few years.
Yeah, it actually looks like a good side with the potential to become a great side, but the lack of experience and the number of 18–21-year-olds (there are 7) means there will be patches of inconsistent play during the game.

This game is going to be the first of 23 emotional rollercoaster rides this season, they will be exciting to watch, but at times also frustrating. :)

Who's most likely to start sub from that squad? Sad if Laz doesn't get a starting position after that preseason.
Slightly underdone Ford who's on the fringe, or the ever versatile Shiels. Shiels probably starts though as he's the ONLY bloke on our team with 150+ games and is a genuine leader to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a new season is here...so as is tradition....
Coach Sissy Rose (my Little dachsador girl)
resized_20210507_204521-jpeg.1361219

barks the following...

My ticket for General Admission was $181

What a missed opportunity that price was.

I'm trying to think of the fun missed opportunity my $295 Pearl Jam tickets are.

Meh we're not alone shifting home games though.
Well I agree, obviously it is ridiculous that we have this more often than any other team - but the fact remains that we sell more games than everyone except Hawthorn year in year out.

Meh we're not alone shifting home games though.
Hawthorn get a dream run with replacement games compared to us. They can just walk up to the G for them. We have to scavenge for one of the 20 allocated seats v * at Marvel.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Well I agree, obviously it is ridiculous that we have this more often than any other team - but the fact remains that we sell more games than everyone except Hawthorn year in year out.
We have to sell games for to sustain ourselves financially due to having a smaller supporter base and no pokies. Under the competition-enhancing equalisation approach that should result in more support from HQ not less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back