Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

I first read that as 'Greenday' and 'Pink'. Then thought Toby was at the Pink concert. NTTAWWT. I was more surprised Greenday were touring.

I just saw Blink 182 at Rod Laver two weeks ago and had a great time. They put on a good show.

Don’t disagree at all, I can’t recall - did he play all the games this pre-season? Did he feature against aint’s?
I don't think so. He is not match ready yet but he should be playing around 10 games later on in the year.

Honestly I'm expecting a solid loss on the scoreboard. But I need something.

A burst of play that cuts them down the middle with flash and flair ending in a Zuursma hanger and goal.

A purple patch of 3 or 4 consecutive goals.

Some individual games where we see a stat line that gets us nodding. Duursma 4 goals. Wardlaw 15 and 15 (disp & tackles) Sheezel 35+ McKercher 20+ A Larkey bag LDU 10+ clearances

Something, please!!
You'll see those things and a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the named team, understand the chagrin about Shiels over Phillips but having a cool senior head that can run out there to temper the youth makes a lot of sense to me.

Fine with no WillPhil and I'm a fan. Lazzaro had slightly better pre-season and should get a chance to back up his GC game last year.
If Will wants the spot he's gotta take it from Powell or Laz, that's what we want, competition for spots.
Shiels I reckon might be a bit of leadership and experience out on the ground or perhaps a run with role on Kelly/Greene.
I don’t think its Laz pushing out willphil, that’s a different role. He’s fighting ball winners like Wardlaw, LDU and Powell for a spot 😅

and probably another when Jy comes back

Last edited:
You play how you train. As CZ mentioned, he has never done a pre season like this one. This pre season has been really positive from a fitness POV and practice match results. Our team is very different to what it was last year and anything can happen.

Im positive going into this round. Being kicked around week on week for a few years takes it toll. Harden up and get around em because this year will surprise a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back