Game Day Round 14 2020 vs West Coast, 7.10pm MS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we know WCE won't be parking the bus, or flooding back. Media attention on McGovern (not that Dimma needs it) will ensure he won't be as influential in our forward line. I expect the same type of game as VS Port, only this time, we are not coming off two 4 day breaks and a depleted side. If this game was at the Gabba, I would be confident we could win. I'm still confused as to why Broad is out the side and Castagna still gets a game. I'm all for blooding youngsters, but not against top side with arguably the best midfield in the comp. I'm all for resting Chol as he looked cooked last week. Nank is a great inclusion,as he will crash into Nic Nat, and hopefully stay with him around the ground. Soldo will compete well at centre bounces, but he is too slow for Nic Nat around the ground. Their two strengths from last week won't be as influential as last week. I think Dimma is cooking something for finals, but we might see a preview tonight. I think we are looking for a fast start, and if we FINALLY kick straight, WCE might be playing catch up footy, on a neutral ground. This is where I think we can beat them. Hopefully, no more undisciplined acts...

I think we are good enough to win. Tigers by 6

Lynch to be cited by the MRP for kicking a patch of grass during the run through.....

Martin, Cotchin & Bolton would march into any team's midfield. Nankervis can be vital as can Lambert & Graham (when he plays like last week). The game won't be won by 5 or 6 players on either side. Pickett also played well last week and played exceptionally well in two premierships last year. Game on.
Yes yes I love our team too but I still think Eagles have a stronger midfield on paper for this game. And yes games are not won on paper

also Martin is a forward. We hide him there in an attempt to fly under the radar. He’s concealed behind Chol’s 3rd leg 😉

Talk about Clash of the Titans - looking forward to a cracking match boys.
War of attrition.

Good luck. Genuine fire vs ice. Marking vs running. Kicking vs handball. Can't wait.

Let's hope there's no attrition and both teams finish with 22 fit players.

Pleased Aartsy is in.
An old fashioned tough nut.
Need to intimidate their midfield.
In order, Sheed, then Shuey, Kelly and Gaff.
Graham has a key role too.
Cotchin only had 65% game time last week so will be relatively fresh to hit them hard.
A friend of mine barracks for the Hawks said Cotchin is one of the toughest players he's seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck. Genuine fire vs ice. Marking vs running. Kicking vs handball. Can't wait.

Let's hope there's no attrition and both teams finish with 22 fit players.

War of attrition in the sense that I don't expect either side to wave the white flag or let down their sails.

Let's face it every team just lets a game go every now and then, I'm not expecting either side to go in with that mindset.
I'm not expecting a game of shifting momentum or morale, I think both teams will continue to press for most of the match.

Pleased Aartsy is in.
An old fashioned tough nut.
Need to intimidate their midfield.
In order, Sheed, then Shuey, Kelly and Gaff.
Graham has a key role too.
Cotchin only had 65% game time last week so will be relatively fresh to hit them hard.
A friend of mine barracks for the Hawks said Cotchin is one of the toughest players he's seen.

just have to look at the first game back he played after missing the port game... made huge difference to our centre bounce line up!

His aggression and hunting of the ball and opposition is best in the league imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back