Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the 2 acl s have really hurt his developement , and he has been playing catch up ever since.

I dunno man. I don't wanna pile in on this guy and he clearly has some very good attributes.

But speaking from experience as someone a couple of ACL recos deep - surely a professional being paid to do this full time can bring themselves up to proper physical condition.

I could accept this fall from grace if it was apparent that he had gotten everything he possibly could out of his body. I just don't see that he has.

You can see Ahern's ****, but you seem to have a blind spot for when Atley hits opponents on the ****. Usually lace out.

17 disposals @83% tonight.

Go see a therapist.

I don’t rate him based on this year or last years output. Proves nothing.

Where he should be judged was back in 2018 when the side was up and running and challenging for finals, he came into the team and his lack of defensive running, inability to spread from the contest and fitness cost us dearly. He didn’t fit in then and two years on he doesn’t fit full stop.
Thanks but good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would think a player whose contract on the line would show more. his effort has been terrible. cant be judging him on those first games. hes playing like s**t atm a clearly isnt up to it. why would we want to hold onto another slow runner who doesnt pressure. GONE!

has he even really played as a mid ever since the infamous wce game?

i've seen him there in bits and pieces but why aren't we playing him in his preferred position more often? this is like clarke all over again (not that i didn't disagree with his trade but it was horrendous playing him off half back)

i know we're looking to get simkin, LDU, thomas etc. through the midfield but why is ahern not getting a proper opportunity? his skill is his kicking and right now that's exactly what we need going into f50. is he lacking so much defensively that his offensive traits simply don't balance it out?
I’ll tell you why - because he CANNOT run.

17 disposals @83% tonight.

Go see a therapist.
1598835318573.png

Ahern's stats from the GC/North game. 13 possessions going at 38% with 7 clangers. Don't really count marks as a disposal as they are usually followed up by a handball or kick that are counted. Pretty terrible game and was absent for majority of it.

View attachment 949500

Ahern's stats from the GC/North game. 13 possessions going at 38% with 7 clangers. Don't really count marks as a disposal as they are usually followed up by a handball or kick that are counted. Pretty terrible game and was absent for majority of it.

Your quote of mine is related to Atley mate, not Ahern. I was responding to another poster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back