AFL Autopsy RND 16: Pussy Whipped

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the on-field leadership? Teams have just walked all over us this season and the players just don't respond. Absolutely pathetic once again.

how can there be on field leadership when the club is devoid of off field leadership?

this team........ why this *******team. We have been s**t for 16 and are probably getting worse. Cant even win a final for fcks sake

In all honestly, I hope we continue to be god awful for another 20 years. It's pretty funny at this point.

We're a meme football club.

Great. I'll only be 70.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is stock standard. We'll "fight back" next week and have an hounorable loss and limp over the line against the Dees

Imagine taking the Covid season seriously!
this should’ve been the year that they experimented with the rules to really make the game better- remove the wingmen, implement 5 minute multi-ball time called once per game by each team, and replace the coin toss with a round of roshambo

I don't think this team is going anywhere with Heppell as captain.

I don’t think it’s captaincy. He’s just a nothing footballer now. Slow, poor defensively and average by foot. He knows how to accumulate but he isn’t impacting games and hasn’t for 3-4 years now.

Actually think apart from his footballing ability he’s a great captain. Super professional, comfortable in front of the media, good footy brain.

The minimum of what it deserved.

In the words of Marvin Attapatu we're controlled by Muppets lead by a joker

Rutten's Team defence. What a ******* wank.
I didn't see much, couple of bits I did see there was an Essendon player drifting across to pick up an Essendon player who had drifted into their zone. No Cats players in shot.

I don’t think it’s captaincy. He’s just a nothing footballer now. Slow, poor defensively and average by foot. He knows how to accumulate but he isn’t impacting games and hasn’t for 3-4 years now.
That is a bit unfair I reckon.

He got smashed week in/ week out last year and kept playing on a foot that required painkillers prior to the game in order to get through. He hardly trained as a result! He then had surgery when it became too much and lost much of his pre-season and then on top of this he had a serious injury which has prevented him from playing for the majority of the season.

He is a good player when fit and given a reasonable run at it.

That is a bit unfair I reckon.

He got smashed week in/ week out last year and kept playing on a foot that required painkillers prior to the game in order to get through. He hardly trained as a result! He then had surgery when it became too much and lost much of his pre-season and then on top of this he had a serious injury which has prevented him from playing for the majority of the season.

He is a good player when fit and given a reasonable run at it.
A good foot soldier with a bung foot. He should be tipping pretzels, instead he's tutting and asking for some patience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insipid
Good: Draper...daylight... Merrett and Parish (for 3 qtrs)
Bad: most of them
Ugly: Gleeson (s**t defensively and adds zero offensively), Walla WTF, Hurley (just wow), Hooker and Redman (has gone backwards at a rate of knots)

The minimum of what it deserved.

In the words of Marvin Attapatu we're controlled by Muppets lead by a joker

Rutten's Team defence. What a ******* wank.
2 years now. These things take time we are told.

Of course, sometimes they don't ever happen - that happens too. Maybe this what that looks like. The not happening version.

Want to know something crazy - I’ll still watch it later tonight.
897OQ8j.gif

But seriously, props to you if you can sit through that knowing how it turns out.

I didn’t see the game but it was over as soon as it was fixtured tbh - one team off an 8 day rest, the other playing 3rd game in 11 days.

We never had a chance against a team as good as Geelong given that disparity.
Yeah, were always going to be fighting an uphill battle but there is no effort at all.

Insipid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back