Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect with the reduction in the soft cap, his success has made him redundant and been squeezed out. Hardwick and Gale can probably take it from here without Balme’s assistance.
Has he definitely left? No definitive mention of that after a quick look on the Richmond board but then again I’m not really following any AFL media

Been talk about him for a few weeks, gone from Richmond and we are on the hunt for experience

Yeah, I've read talk about it on here occasionally, but more along the lines of "it would be good to get Balme", not "we're actually getting Balme". Just seeing it on the news tonight has me wondering if there is actually something going on.

Agree, this is our Polec / Wingard moment
Pretty good comparison TBH.

I still don't think we can lose either way. If we keep Brad and he continues the form he's showed in most of the last 18 months then we have a gun midfielder whilst still blooding kids. Also means he's staying on less money than he thought

If he goes then we have THE first 2 picks in the draft, NGA/academy notwithstanding, which is pivotal to a rebuild.
Wrong year to do it though so its not really a great comparison..

Wingard and polec were traded out for first round picks in the superdraft which, as we now have all the evidence we need, was chock full of elite players.. Port got a couple of them due to their wingard and polec trades.

This year half the bloody great players are NGA/FS and the other half we havent even seen play appart from a few SA and WA lads.

If we are letting brad go we need picks in the top 10 for him preferrably one in the top 5.

A pick in the teens/above for brad will just about, after compo picks/NGA etc., end up being a pick in the bloody 20’s.. an end of first round compo pick for him will end up around pick 30!..

As you say.. pick 2 compo or he stays.. but no “polec or wingard deals” that would mean picks in the teens thanks..

Wrong year to do it though so its not really a great comparison..

Wingard and polec were traded out for first round picks in the superdraft which, as we now have all the evidence we need, was chock full of elite players.. Port got a couple of them due to their wingard and polec trades.

This year half the bloody great players are NGA/FS and the other half we havent even seen play appart from a few SA and WA lads.

If we are letting brad go we need picks in the top 10 for him preferrably one in the top 5.

A pick in the teens/above for brad will just about, after compo picks/NGA etc., end up being a pick in the bloody 20’s.. an end of first round compo pick for him will end up around pick 30!..

As you say.. pick 2 compo or he stays.. but no “polec or wingard deals” that would mean picks in the teens thanks..
There is no such thing as a wrong year to have the first 2 picks in the draft

There is no such thing as a wrong year to have the first 2 picks in the draft
You read my post wrong..

I was saying its the wrong year to do a wingard or polec type deal and trade matt out for a pick or two in the teens..

I agree.. its pick 2 compo or its nothing at all, he stays.

Pick 1 and 2 would be great to have this year...

Picks in the teens not so much.

You read my post wrong..

I was saying its the wrong year to do a wingard or polec type deal and trade matt out for a pick or two in the teens..

I reckon it's the way the club sees it too. I'd expect him to stay if the offers don't match our hopes.

But it sounds like they are

You read my post wrong..

Oh, sorry I came in at the end of that convo, I was just agreeing with the 'never a bad draft to have the top 2 picks' line.

Personally i'm actually all for making moves to get into next years draft. Although I don't think that will be easy, or cheap! So for me all potential player trades from here on out should be aiming at our 2021 hand.

I think we need at minimum 4 top 20 picks in this year's draft. Luckily, we're 90% of the way there already.

Getting into 2021 - Gold Coast may be a team looking to move from 2021 1st round into 2020. This is the year for them to add some final touches of youth - they don't need any more.

I think we need at minimum 4 top 20 picks in this year's draft. Luckily, we're 90% of the way there already.

Getting into 2021 - Gold Coast may be a team looking to move from 2021 1st round into 2020. This is the year for them to add some final touches of youth - they don't need any more.
Something tells me next years draft will be harder to get into then the Superdraft.

Not saying it will be better then that year, just that given the uncertainty of this draft teams will be less willing to give up their future 1sts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the story with our supposed interest in Neil Balme? I saw it on the news on the TV while I was at the gym tonight but the sound was off so I got no details. Is there any actual substance to this?

I was talking to a person this morning who knows his wife very well. Crows made a play for Balme last year, he knocked us back. Deep roots in melbourne, but his wife wants to come back to Adelaide (she's an Adelaide girl) for a few years as her mum lives here. She said with covid you never know, but a move back here is extremely unlikely.

I was talking to a person this morning who knows his wife very well. Crows made a play for Balme last year, he knocked us back. Deep roots in melbourne, but his wife wants to come back to Adelaide (she's an Adelaide girl) for a few years as her mum lives here. She said with covid you never know, but a move back here is extremely unlikely.
Does she want to play as well, if it helps? HFF rotating thru the middle?

Yeh he was. Certainly not one of my favourite people ever.
Happened to my old man too, 3 weeks later he won the BnF by 20 votes..... And did the Cassius Clay and threw the award away.

Never ended up winning a flag

That would be big.

They’d have to be confident of going back to normal next season.

Crows should go for more government money in guise of adding stimulus. Also bails out a Council.
That’s I think the trigger. 1 - that the club is not in as bad a financial spot as expected; and 2 - the government wants to spend money on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back