Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought we should have a thread given we will be playing 2 finals at home and the club reads this board so ask questions in here and maybe the club will respond directly or I can collate the questions and fire them off to the club.

2014 it was open slather at 9am to buy tickets, 2017 they had different windows for different membership categories so I assume same thing will happen.Below AFL says different finals will have different purchase days to avoid overloading the Ticketek system.

Win the QF, and a GF pre registration process will take place the week of the SF based on prior experience for Port and other clubs.

Looks like we could have 25,000 at our finals games at AO. It might be 25k + corporates

Crowd numbers at Adelaide Oval have been increased for this weekend, and there’s a chance even more fans could be let in during the Power’s finals campaign. For Adelaide’s last match of the season on Saturday against Richmond, 23,500 fans plus corporates will be allowed into the stadium.

This means up to 25,000 will be in attendance as Matthew Nicks’ side looks to go four wins straight after going its first 13 games of the season winless. Port will then have two finals at Adelaide Oval as Ken Hinkley’s side seeks to make the Grand Final at the Gabba.

The AFL has said for GF 16,200 of 30,000 capacity will be allocated to the 2 competing clubs' members. Since the 2 expansion clubs came in that has been 34,000 of the 100,000 capacity at MCG. Might be less sterile than an MCG GF with 54%+ of fans being fans of the 2 clubs. So 8,100 Port members will have the opportunity to get to the GF.

Competing club members have the largest allocation with 54 per cent of the overall amount (16,200 of 30,000).

Finals Series ticket holders and relevant AFL and Medallion Club Memberships 15 per cent, Premium hospitality packages 16 per cent and the remaining 15 per cent made up of AFL stakeholders, Corporate and Broadcast partners.

Any club members allocation that isn't taken up then goes on sale to the general public.

In line with Queensland Government and chief health officer protocols, the capacity for the Gabba Grand Final day is currently 30,000. If there is a change to this the ticket allocation will adjust across the board accordingly.

AFL CHIEF executive officer Gillon McLachlan has announced a price freeze on all tickets for all matches across the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series, including the Grand Final.

After a subsequent price freeze on weeks 1-3 in 2019, the AFL continues its commitment to affordability by freezing tickets nationally, across all games and venues, all the way through to the Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Sale dates for finals will continue to be staggered after a successful trial in 2019 to prioritise the customer experience when purchasing finals tickets which are often high demand. On-sales have been scheduled in line with the finals fixture schedule. The Week One finals fixtures for of the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series will be released following the conclusion of round 18.

SALE DATES
WEEK 1: September 25 - October 3

Thursday Night Final - Friday, September 25
Friday Night Final - Monday, September 28
Saturday Finals - Tuesday, September 29

WEEK 2: October 5-10
Friday Night Final - Monday, October 5
Saturday Final - Tuesday, October 6

WEEK 3: October 12 - 17
Friday Night Final - Monday, October 12
Saturday Final - Tuesday, October 13

1600309151407.png

Last edited:
I assume the club has quite a few more than 8100 members with a Grand Final ticket 'guarantee'. How will tickets be allocated should we make it to the GF?

These are the relevant grounds for Port supporters plus its clearer.

1600309688451.png

These are Port membership categories. I believe Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum members be they A or B or Western stand had GF guarantees and was about 15,000 members of the 17,000 tickets they knew they would be allocated in a normal year. But let me know if I'm wrong and which memberships has the 2nd GF priority opportunity.

1600309735681.png

I assume the club has quite a few more than 8100 members with a Grand Final ticket 'guarantee'. How will tickets be allocated should we make it to the GF?
Zero chance we have 8,100 members with that guarantee that will head up to Brisbane imo.

But my guess is, they will do it in a similar way to the Priorities for games this year.

Guys and Girls. If we lose week 1, when are the semi finals in week 2 most likely? Are they also night games? (Friday and Sat night)?

Hopefully this is not a concern for me, but i need to plan..... :)

If we do make the Grand Final how many Port members could realistically make it up to Brisbane? I've already booked flexi flights with a group of friends (around 10 of us) and they've gone up around 200 dollars already. Airlines will be looking to gouge people even if they put extra flights on, and driving, especially if you can't drive through NSW is pretty much not an option.

I reckon we'd get a max of around 6k people make it from SA, maybe another 1k QLD/NT/NSW based supporters make it. Would be surprised if we filled our allocation of 8k.

Guys and Girls. If we lose week 1, when are the semi finals in week 2 most likely? Are they also night games? (Friday and Sat night)?

Planning is easy.

When the date and time of the final gets announced. Whatever else you had planned, cancel it.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we finish 1st - and end up in a SF should be Friday night game. If we finish 2nd it should be a Saturday night SF.

Petty sure if we win tonight we will get the first final on Thursday 1st October, which means Friday is by tickets day.

SALE DATES
WEEK 1: September 25 - October 3

Thursday Night Final - Friday, September 25
Friday Night Final - Monday, September 28
Saturday Finals - Tuesday, September 29

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tickets on sale Friday per REH above.

I note there are two priorities. If we get to the Grand Final, how will they do the priorities then? Be interesting should it get to that.

I can confirm that Club1870 is not guaranteed GF tickets this year!

What a load ofbullshit!

I can confirm that Club1870 is not guaranteed GF tickets this year!

Got a link to that confirmation. It would be an absolute travesty if loyal highest tier supporters who pledged 100% of their full membership payments to the club got the chance to see only 7 home games and are now informed they also lose their right to access GF tickets that are included in their membership.

Tickets on sale Friday per REH above.

I note there are two priorities. If we get to the Grand Final, how will they do the priorities then? Be interesting should it get to that.
Win the QF and their will be a pre registration for GF tickets just before the Semi Finals. Pay $10 to pre register to go into the ballot. Who knows how the priorities will work.

I suspect the AFL haven't confirmed yet that there will definitely be 30,000 and the 2 competing clubs get 8,100 tickets each for members as previously announced.

....surely not.

Is it going to come down to who has pledged 100%?
Club1870, Black Diamond and Platinum are the same priority 1 level... approx 29000 priority 1 members.

Finals Weeks 1 - 3 Ticketing FAQs

The AFL coordinates ticket prices, seat categories and the on-sale schedule for all 2020 Toyota AFL Finals series matches.

For the latest information regarding finals, please visit https://www.afl.com.au/finals

Game Details
Port Adelaide v Geelong
Thursday 1 October 7.10pm

What is the crowd capacity for games played at Adelaide Oval to which Port Adelaide is deemed the home team?

Crowd capacity is 23,500 plus 3,000 for Corporate / Hospitality spaces.

This capacity factors in the requirement to adhere to social distancing guidelines and AFL regulations around crowd attendance. This includes;

• Rows A and B on ground level must not have spectators
  • Minimum for 6 seats around the players race, interchange bench and coaches’ boxes must not have spectators
  • All spectators must have a reserved seat.
  • Available seats will be in a ‘checkerboard’ pattern
  • Only the Hill will have capacity for standing room, all other standing areas are unavailable
How many tickets are available to Port Adelaide Football Club Members?

The AFL will distribute an equitable number of tickets within each category to members of both competing clubs for each final.
All tickets remaining after the Club Member presale will then be made available to the General Public for purchase.

How much are the tickets?

All members are required to purchase their tickets. Please click here for a list of ticket prices https://www.afl.com.au/finals

Please note for finals matches you must purchase a ticket equivalent to your membership type. For example, a Junior membership barcode will only permit you to purchase a Junior ticket, similarly for Concession and Adult.

How can I buy tickets?

Members will be allocated a Priority Group and a priority purchase window. For finals played at Adelaide Oval, tickets will be available via Ticketek.
Tickets are available online only, retail outlets are unavailable. Click here to view the on-sale dates https://www.afl.com.au/finals/tickets/onsale-dates

What are the priority groups?
The AFL have permitted two (2) priority groups. Therefore 29,155 eligible members have been divided into the following priority groups –

PAFC MEMBERS PRIORITY GROUP 1

ON-SALE Friday 25 September, time TBC

11 Game Power Home game members who have pledged 100% of their membership to the Club including;
  • Club 1870
  • Black Diamond
  • Platinum (Reserved Seats and Essential Power)
  • Gold (Reserved Seats and Essential Power)
  • Silver
  • General Admission
Plus, AFL Members, Life Members, Past Players, Dad’s Army and Club Ambassador memberships.

*Adelaide Oval Football Members are considered Priority Group 1

PAFC MEMBERS PRIORITY GROUP 2

ON-SALE Friday 25 September, time TBC

11 Game Power Home game members who have pledged 50-75% of their membership to the Club including;
  • Club 1870
  • Black Diamond
  • Platinum (Reserved Seats and Essential Power)
  • Gold (Reserved Seats and Essential Power)
  • Silver
  • General Admission
Reduced Game access members who have pledged 100% of their membership to the Club including;
  • 3 Game
  • Country
  • 6 Game
  • Flexi
  • Interstate
In the event the full allocation of tickets is not exhausted within the two priority periods, members who do not meet the above eligibility criteria will have the opportunity to purchase.

What do I need to purchase tickets?

You will require the 12-digit barcode number which can be found under your barcode on your 2020 membership card and a Ticketek account.

Flexi members will be emailed a barcode to use as their membership card does not have a barcode.

We recommend you organise your Ticketek account prior to the day of purchase. Please click here to create an account or confirm your existing log in details if you already have a Ticketek account. Your Ticketek account is completely different to that of your membership account login.

How many tickets can I purchase?

Members can only purchase one (1) ticket per eligible barcode but can enter up to 8 barcodes per transaction to be allocated seating near each other.

All member barcodes must be eligible for that priority group to be able to enter together. Members can book with barcodes in lower priority groups. For example, a Priority 1 member could register with a member in Priority 2 but they will lower their chances of securing a ticket. Members cannot move up into higher priority groups.

What is the Junior age?

Children aged 4-14 as at 1 January 2020 are eligible to purchase a Junior ticket. Children aged 3 and under do not require a ticket for entry and can enter the venue at no charge however they must not occupy a seat.

What qualifies as a Concession?

The following are eligible for Concession tickets –

• Centrelink issued Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veteran Affairs card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs issued Pensioner Concession Card
  • Full time secondary or tertiary student card (excluding International)
If you purchase a Concession ticket, please ensure you have your Concession card with you on game day to present to Adelaide Oval turnstile staff.

If you hold a Companion Card, please contact the Ticketek Accessible Seating line 1300 665 915 or via email on the Ticketek website prior to purchase so you can be allocated the Companion ticket adjacent to your Member ticket.

Can I purchase guest tickets?

No, tickets are issued one per eligible barcode with no additional guest tickets. In the event the Member allocation is not exhausted, there may be a public on-sale to which the Club will advise.

Can I choose my seat(s)?

In order to accommodate as many Members as possible, whilst adhering to social distancing requirements, we will need to spread out more than we’re used to at the venue. The best available ticket will be allocated to you within your chosen price category. Members will not have the option to choose their preferred section, all seats will be sold on a best available basis.

Due to the reduced capacity, tickets are not guaranteed and available until sold out.

I require a wheelchair space or accessible seating how do I purchase tickets?

Members who require a wheelchair space or accessible seating will need to contact the Ticketek Accessible Seating line 1300 665 915 or via email on the Ticketek website. Wheelchair and accessible seating is subject to availability.

I'm an eligible member with a Victorian address, can I purchase tickets?

Due to the current border restrictions, AFL & SA-Health requirements members with VIC addresses will not be able to attend the game. If you have relocated to SA temporarily, please contact PAFC Member Services on 1300 467 232 so we can update your details to provide access.

We are appreciative of the support we’ve received from our Victorian based members and we hope you are coping ok during these difficult times.

I'm an eligible member with an overseas address, can I purchase tickets?

Unfortunately, due to the current border restrictions, AFL & SA-Health requirements members with International addresses will not be able to access tickets. If you have relocated to SA temporarily, please contact PAFC Member Services on 1300 467 232 so we can update your details to provide access.

How will I receive my tickets?

All ticketing will be issued as Mobile tickets.
Please click here for some helpful tips on accessing your mobile tickets. No paper tickets or email tickets will be issued and membership cards will not scan.

For match day support or for issues downloading your tickets, please visit the Ticketek Box Office at Adelaide Oval on game day.

My barcode isn’t working when I try to enter. What should I do?

Please double check that you are using your current 2020 membership card. If you are entering multiple barcodes please ensure you enter them in a list format (one on top of the other) with no additional characters or spaces. If you enter your barcode and are offered seats but cancel and try again, you may need to refresh your browser to ‘release’ your barcodes from the Ticketek system.

If the barcode is still not working please contact PAFC Member Services on 1300 467 232 as soon as possible so that we can assist you.

Other minor issues
What are the conditions of entry?
Please refer to the relevant venue’s Conditions of Entry and avoid bringing any restricted/prohibited items to the venue.

Ensuring the health and safety of members and the community is our priority and patrons will be denied entry to the venue and its premises should they have symptoms that may place persons at risk, endanger, or impact on public health.

You acknowledge that, even with rigorous capacity and control measures in place at AFL matches, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19 at an AFL match at this time and you have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with following your attendance at an AFL match. You acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. By attending an AFL match, you (and any persons who attend the match with you) acknowledge and accept these obvious risks.

Is there free public transport?

Yes, the ‘Don’t Drink and Drive Footy Express’ will be in operation. All regular Adelaide Metro weekend bus, train and tram services are also free with your AFL game day ticket from first to last service on game day.
Regular Adelaide Metro weeknight bus, train and tram services are free three hours prior to the game start time with your AFL game day ticket. Full timetables can be found at adelaidemetro.com.au

Is car parking available?

Casual parking available is available - $20 (card only) and payable upon entry, subject to capacity,

North Car Park – Access Via Pennington Terrace

Uni Lane Car Park - Access Via Pennington Terrace

Oval No.2 Car Park – Access Via Montefiore Road

Can I move around the venue to visit friends?

No. There are several seating restrictions in place from the government and the AFL and we ask for your understanding and support in sitting in the section and row listed on your ticket. You will not be able to move around the venue into other areas except to enter and exit the venue.

Can I ask for autographs at the fence or interact with players?

No, contact with players and club staff is prohibited. Members will not be able to sit or stand in the first two rows of every section on level 1 and around the players races or interchange bench to ensure the AFL’s strict health protocols are met.

Will food and beverage outlets be open?

Selected food and beverage outlets will be open. Please note, you will only be able to access the outlets closest to your seat. You will not be able to move into different areas of the ground to purchase different items. Payment will be via card only. When purchasing food, please maintain social distancing while queuing.

You are also able to bring food from home to consume at the ground.

Will there be a Post-Match function?

No, due to current SA-Health restrictions in place at the venue there will be no post-match function.

Will there be a March from the Mall?

In the interest of reducing crowd gatherings, there will be no March from the Mall.

Last edited:
Club1870, Black Diamond and Platinum are the same priority 1 level... approx 29000 priority 1 members.

There isnt a chance there are 29,000 Club 1870, BD and Platinum members. There would be max ~17,000-18,000 (only have to look at the adelaide oval seat map and guesstimate by seating area).

From memory, Club 1870, BD and Platinum A carried the GF guarantee (why Platinum A is $50 dearer) so you d be knocking another ~2,000-3,000 off that total. From there my guess is all guarantee'd and 100% pledged members would go into a ballot if we are lucky enough to make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back