Media Terry Tough Campaigner Award | Halfway Heroes | Season 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Team comes 1st minnow. Now check the ladder and give yourself a clip. You are a putrid wannabe, who should just be delisted before you cause your team more shame. Do not talk to me again you ******* pissant.

Not a bad effort from a rook.

Not a bad effort from a rook.
I'd pretty much called this one off in my mind if I'm being honest, but that is some heroic gear right there.

EhwFbiX.png

In hindsight, I was terribly naive here.

The genesis of this award was long before a poster the likes of Metalcrusher was even a twinkle in whoever was Baghdad captain at the time's eye. It was a simpler time, when heroics of the kind on display week in, week out from a guy like 'Crushy' were sporadic, fleeting, and exceptional in their rarity.

I think we can all agree, the greater award had appeared to run it's course after just a single round, as 'Crushy' stamped his authority over the contest, and rendered any debate otherwise null and void.

However, thanks to the vigilance of a small but loyal number of TTC followers and neighbourhood watch types like Test Tickle and Metalcrusher himself, I have been kept abreast of sporadic, yet entirely worthy moments of extreme toughness. These spot fires, these moments of peril and localised terror still have a place in this competition. They still deserve to be highlighted and celebrated, in recognition of their feats of valour.

So to this, we will look to champion these lesser lights, these heroes, these other notable tough campaigners across the competition during the first half of the season, in a feature we like to call the Terry Tough Campaigner 'Half Year Heroes'.

So please, if you have noticed any roughness on display in these first two months of the season, or if you find yourself on the receiving end or even in the general vicinity of feats of unadulterated heroism in the coming weeks, please feel free to bring these to my attention, share them here in the thread, and let's celebrate those up and comers.

HFxVAMw.png

Last edited:

X195dO3.png

So it turns out, perhaps I was wrong.

I was a tad naive. Shortsighted even. Having essentially called off the competition after Round 1, it felt as though my work here was done. I had alerted the competition to the peril they may face in the company of those most extreme among us, believing the man in question had reached such dizzying heights of toughness that were without peer.

Oh TiF. You poor naive soul.

You see, I had yet to come to the realisation that we indeed had a challenger in our midst. A contender to the throne, and a rookie no less!

In just 9 short rounds, the Roys' BLUEALLTHRU has shot to tough campaigner stardom, flexing his muscles and throwing his puffed up chest about, all across the competition, as he finds himself a worthy first inductee to our Half Year Heroes celebration.

TedDougChris, looks like you've got your hands full with this one.

Metalcrusher, meet your disputer. The gauntlet is down, compadre.

Your move.

XJTyFER.gif

Team comes 1st minnow. Now check the ladder and give yourself a clip. You are a putrid wannabe, who should just be delisted before you cause your team more shame. Do not talk to me again you ******* pissant.

Unlike you I don't need accolades in here *******. You need to delist yourself and your Furies LG are ******* putrid to put up with your sh*t.

Your sucking up is an embarrassment to the SFA! You are the epitome of flog in the highest order.

Save your condescending sh*t campaigner. Come to the bar you ******* weak dog campaigner!

Titles and awards mean fu** all to me mate. I just see a washed up poster trying to maintain his dignity.

I'll continue to give you sh*t campaigner and I'll ******* enjoy it.

fu** up smart arse. If I was 50 years younger I'd fu** you up.

As I expected. You are nothing but a gutless weak pissant

Having been (unexpectedly) on the recieveing end of his wrath the past couple days I can safely say he is a tougher campaigner than Metalcrusher. You can glimpse small hints of warmth sporadically in Crushys posts. You always know he is coming too.

BLUEALLTHRU is a volatile whirlwind of fists and amber soaked hatred. Always popping up when you least expect it and blasting any poor soul that happens to be downrange of his double barrel * youse. Just a pleasure to watch from afar and frightening up close.

Good shout.

"The Roys climbed the stairs that mornin'
And found him rather pale
His eyes they were the colour
Of half-drunk Coopers ale."

(adapted from a Friedman tune)

There is no doubt the young Roy has emerged as a poster with a keenly honed battle axe. I have indeed seen the tyro lay waste to Opponents. And yet:
* He welcomes anyone to the Bar
* He happily shouts rounds to folk he shouts at.

I am famously a gentle bloke who rarely has a cross word with anyone. (those cross words are usually misunderstood comments when I am overly cryptic) So it may come as a surprise the young Roy and I get on rather well.

Like the Tinman, BLUEALLTHRU is a Terry Tough Campaigner but one with generosity and breadth.

TheInjuryFactory - just asking whether there are points credited when he offers the recipient of his abuse a beer about three posts after, when in true Roys tradition - he has actually forgotten what he was arguing about ???

That's gotta count for something ??

Anyway, we have full confidence in Spammelter to lift when needed so he can claim back his title.....

you can do it....gif

Nice try. You're out of tough juice mate. No-one gives a fu**.
I think WFL may be past time a journey to the retirement village.

WFL / BAT trade a win-win for all concerned?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheInjuryFactory its time to bring back this masterpiece
Agreed.

TheInjuryFactory I nominate Cadsky for the below at last season's Mobbs Night.

This is actually a joke right? Membling had more than TWICE as many posts all season, 30.6 ppm ave vs 11.3 and his posting was quality.

Membling had more kicks, handballs, disposals, tackles, FF, goals, behinds and DT points.

I'm sorry, MayTheNorthBeWithU was good, but the best? Absolutely not. The committee ****ed up here and they should be ashamed of themselves.

View attachment 1720326
View attachment 1720327

This place is a joke

It's clear the lazy campaigners in conjure can't be ****ed researching anything. They'd rather pull s**t out of there arses. I got those stats in 2 minutes and NO ONE can offer a reasonable counter claim as to why MTNBWU was adore deserved winner. Actual joke

TheInjuryFactory its time to bring back this masterpiece
Just read through the posts above. They're plain angry, and lack nuance.

See, with mine, I follow up the threat of physical violence with an offer to kindly provide you a service.

It has layers.

Just read through the posts above. They're plain angry, and lack nuance.

See, with mine, I follow up the threat of physical violence with an offer to kindly provide you a service.

It has layers.
Like an onion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back