Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection of Ainsworth and Petrucelle is certainly one we'll rue for a long ass time.

Completely stupid.

Jetta should have played if he was fit, that much is clear as day.

Not sure why people are questioning the Ah Chee selection. He's played all year so was never on the chopping block this week.

As for his game, he played EXACTLY how he has played all year, so you reap what you sow West Coast. It was hardly anything new, just typically frustrating.

Reflecting on 2020, I really hope Cameron takes a hard look at himself being overtaken in our forward line by a non afl standard player who's already been delisted by the club.

Petrucelle on the other hand, getting a 3 year contract extension makes me want to have a lie down.

Jarrod Cameron had OP this year

Still think a fit Cameron will be a player for us long term. Showed in his 4 goals bursts vs the Pies and Freo last year when fit he's a natural forward.

Jarrod Cameron had OP this year

Still think a fit Cameron will be a player for us long term. Showed in his 4 goals bursts vs the Pies and Freo last year when fit he's a natural forward.
Yeah he just needs to mature and get bigger. He is a natural Eddy Betts type player I reckon.

I will say this about the game:

Positive: I am extremely happy with Ryan's progress thus far. Not surprised he was picked up when he was, watched him when he played for Subiaco. The support he's been getting at West Coast has been phenomenal, and it showed, despite our loss

Negative: I won't say what I thought about the umpiring in the last quarter :unamused:

We're still not playing a four quarter game. It's one thing we have been missing and something Simmo has been trying to get from the players, particularly this season.

Both teams were about on an even par in this game: both had passages of quality football; and both had missed opportunities that went begging.

Overall a good game to watch.

1 Point down,! Ah chee loose in the pocket!, any score will do.......out of bounds on the full.

Horrendous field kicking and hospital handballs..........thats actually what we remember him for

Don't forgot flying for mark of the year all the time and never holding it.

I'm completely broken tonight.

Why?

I’m not meaning to be a snarky dick head, I really can’t help it, but all year you’ve been pretty low on us and can’t imagine you’ve been bullish on our long term prospects having finished fifth.

Lose this week, lose next week, lose the week after - if you were expecting it to collapse at some stage, really what’s the difference?

I'm completely broken tonight.

I refuse to give up on you!

You follow perhaps the greatest sporting club in the history of Australian sports. Next year we will regroup, train hard and try all over again. We have the knowledge, the power and the women. We can take the next step, yet again. This year is an outlier and we will grow from it. Stand up and be proud my friend, we grow stronger from defeat today.

1 Point down,! Ah chee loose in the pocket!, any score will do.......out of bounds on the full.

Horrendous field kicking and hospital handballs..........thats actually what we remember him for
Im fuming about the Kelly handball to Cole....go back and pump it long. Cole had 3 pies in front of him. Sneeze is on 1/10th of that blokes salary and played his guts out.

Last edited:
Why?

I’m not meaning to be a snarky dick head, I really can’t help it, but all year you’ve been pretty low on us and can’t imagine you’ve been bullish on our long term prospects having finished fifth.

Lose this week, lose next week, lose the week after - if you were expecting it to collapse at some stage, really what’s the difference?
This was our only win realistic win this finals series imo but it still hurts.

I refuse to give up on you!

You follow perhaps the greatest sporting club in the history of Australian sports. Next year we will regroup, train hard and try all over again. We have the knowledge, the power and the women. We can take the next step, yet again. This year is an outlier and we will grow from it. Stand up and be proud my friend, we grow stronger from defeat today.
Hopefully we get a normal home and away season next year.

Knew we were weren't going to win that. Follows the trend of when everyone pencils us in for a win we play poorly. Every. Single. Time.

Played 3 men down and I'm not talking about the umpires. Ah chee is hopeless and should be delisted. I dont think I saw Petrucelle once. Ainsworth tried but is a bit of a nothing player atm.

I'm actually not too bothered as I dont think we would have made it past Geelong. Definitely not Brisbane.
Yes had this feeling that we just limped into the finals so was not all that surprised at the loss and probably did well to only lose it by a solitary point - the amount of injuries at the wrong time of the season didn't help our cause and being without Elliott Yeo who is our one genuine mid who has a bit of mongrel about him was sadly missed for the better part of the year so do hope he gets on top of his OP during the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know if that was us having to quarantine with our coaches spending the week in trailers we'd have bent over and lost by several goals. This pies team will roll the cats and come close to winning it all.

Instead of blaming the umpires this was my exact perspective. If we can't beat a Collingwood team at home and hold them to a margin comfortably, no chance against a top four team in Brisbane. When ainsworth is the only guy going into a pack to get the ball you know there's a problem, albeit great game by him.

Pathetic performance by the midfield.
The only thing they have to work on is playing head over the ball, instead of standing around in a pack waiting for someone to scoop it to them.

Would have been better off playing duggan in the midfield and Schofield I'm the back line.

Credit to the elites, Bunga what a rock performance, Ryan imagine if we had rioli feeding to him or vice versa, JK/darling Stella performances given they're ridden harder then a horse, Cripps came in fresh and composed made every use of his possessions, and McGovern worth his weight in gold, composure and quick effective ball use under imense pressure.

+ Naitanui was simply outstanding. So glad his season was rewarded with an AA blazer. Made Grundy sulk on the bench.... again.

+ Ryan is amazing. What do you even call him? He's not a small forward. Creative HFF i guess. He pushes back into defense, he roams up the ground, god he's good.

+ Darling impressed me. He doesn't get enough credit for popping up at very important times for something clutch.

Too much of the peoples perception on him centres around him being theatrical and doing soft things, but he was one of our best tonight.

Once Kennedy retires I think the fans will appreciate Darling a whole lot more and what an amazing servant he's been to this club.

- Put a cross next to the first year of the Kelly deal. His own form in 2020 probably barely warranted a pass mark, but the fact the team finished 7th and didn't even realistically contend for the flag in 2020 shows the first year of the deal was well and truly a failure.

12 touches in a big final is disappointing for any midfielder, let alone one we sold the entire palace for.

5 more to go.

- Awful game from Shuey. Hell, even the worst captain in the AFL, Jarryn Geary, played better and got his team over the line.

- Barrass and McGovern beaten by spuddy Mason and dopey Mihospud. Again. Starting to think the tally is tipping to Collingwoods favour in this duel.

We got the flag and took the points in the game that counted I guess.

Anyway, might go cry for a bit.

Sorry lads, we will get a COVID wave in WA next year and be forced to play over East the majority of the year :persevere:

+ Nic, the two Liams, Shep, and Hurn were good (except for that s**t tackle Hurny) Cripps did as well as any of the returnees.
JK and Darling were ok.
Was impressed that we kept coming back at them even though they were going better than us.

- I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if I never see Ah Chee on a football field again, in fact it is my express wish that I don't. ditto for Petrucelle, that selection is right up there with Mitch Brown in the FP in 16, I'd say Brown went better so it's worse.
Kelly didn't do enough, couple of flashes and he was held onto a lot but disappointing. Shuey tried but kicking was off and Sheeds was worse. Redden was Redden, probably went as expected after a layoff. Oscar got blocked out of marking contests a lot but umpires let it go and plucked that s**t one against Shuey.
Be interesting to see if Hurn, JK and Jetta go around again. If they aren't going to play Jetta he may as well go, Hurn and JK could probably go again but best we regenerate I think.

Yep spot on, what's annoying is Simmo talking about how "our aim is to qualify for finals", the mindset should be to finish in the top 4.

That really annoyed me that throughout the year he was more content with making the 8 than top 4, we just won a flag 2 years ago, added Kelly the goal should honestly be top 4. Anything below that is poor.

I think that is just what Simmo says publicly, I am pretty sure he says the same every year and has done so since he started 🤣
I think behind close doors and internally they would know full well the expectations and that we have failed to meet them. You only have to see his mannerisms etc throughout the second half of the year. We needed top four and didn’t get it. Have to get better.

I think that is just what Simmo says publicly, I am pretty sure he says the same every year and has done so since he started 🤣
I think behind close doors and internally they would know full well the expectations and that we have failed to meet them. You only have to see his mannerisms etc throughout the second half of the year. We needed top four and didn’t get it. Have to get better.
Yea thats true, same thing with injuries he doesnt say the whole story..

I really hope this burns the group and we secure top 2 next year

We have zero mongrel in the mids without Yeo totally exposed tonight without him. Cliff is coming for this team unfortunately best thing that could of happened. Next year is our last chance to compete hopefully the kick up the bum they need.

Nic Nat and Ryan on a different level to the rest of the team utter class both of them.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good god i really wish you didn't remind me of this.

How ******* bad is Ah Chee.

ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS ******* SCORE!!

Game wouldve gone into overtime if the spud, who was running towards goal, who's paid to kick goals, who plays afl as a job every day, didn't miss everything.

When that happened I looked to my missus and said "Gee I really hope that doesn't cost us the game"

🤦‍♂️

We need to get some draft picks and get him out off our list sooner rather than later. How he's kept his entire career going on this long is a huge achievement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back