Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Footy Show (Purple and Kornes) lining up for shots. ******* campaigners
Unfortunately, while we don't like it, there is weeks of this to come. :(

I wasn't commenting on just last night's outfit, her weekly choices over a couple of seasons have at times struck me as a bit eccentric.

And it the puffy sleeve is back, what's the world coming to?

Is that the woman who referred to Zorko as Zorks and Fagan as Fages? I'd have said , "I'm well thanks knackers".

Just listened to Riewoldt say in dismissive terms that Lyon would only join a club that had a chance to win a premiership and wouldn’t be interested in coaching nm because why would he join a club that is going to be irrelevant for up to ten years.
That may or may not be true, I think the latter. Now I know I shouldn’t expect anything other than bile from the media but that sort of commentary is a bit rich coming from the afl golden boy that achieved (how many flags was it that he won?) nothing in his whole career.

Just listened to Riewoldt say in dismissive terms that Lyon would only join a club that had a chance to win a premiership and wouldn’t be interested in coaching nm because why would he join a club that is going to be irrelevant for up to ten years.
That may or may not be true, I think the latter. Now I know I shouldn’t expect anything other than bile from the media but that sort of commentary is a bit rich coming from the afl golden boy that achieved (how many flags was it that he won?) nothing in his whole career.
Thought exactly the same. Saints 16 million in debt but the media don't seem to care about that.

I wasn't commenting on just last night's outfit, her weekly choices over a couple of seasons have at times struck me as a bit eccentric.

And it the puffy sleeve is back, what's the world coming to?

Is eccentric dress an issue in and of itself an issue for you, LTK?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Concur, thats why I likened it to an episode of the goon show in a previous post.

Thank god for the Big Footy - North Melbourne Kangaroo's family.

I think we’re going to need a heck of a lot more than the relatively small BigFooty family. Hopefully, the broader NM supporter base is in synch with most of us on here. I’m struggling to get my head around the idea of Glenn Archer being portrayed as some form of AFL “bête noire”.

When were they ever any different over the last 20 years?

Their true talent is in sucking people in. It's why they exist, and sadly it works.
This.

Just hit the off button and deprive them of their oxygen. For the life of me I can't fathom why people would willingly watch this sh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Niall’s column in The Age today is the level of “negative” reporting on our situation that I’d be prepared to accept in normal circumstances. However, given there’s such an outrageous pile-on taking place right now, it just saps the energy further.

Because they’re winning.

They’re a simple bunch those journalists.

One finals series in however many years is hardly winning

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This.

Just hit the off button and deprive them of their oxygen. For the life of me I can't fathom why people would willingly watch this sh*t.
Agreed. I'm only watching the games (or game rather) for the rest of 2020.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a club that finished the season worse than any other team and just did a massive list cull including coaches you expect them to be providing messaging repeatedly to the masses. Pushing the exciting frontier narrative. Talking up draft prospects. North need to get to work. Heath, time to earn your title big guy. This is the time to get busy.

You seem to forget the Rhyce situation. That's really hamstrung normal comms strategy. As soon as you put anyone in front of a microphone the Shaw/coach questions will come and whatever you want to get out will be lost.

This.

They’re the same people who bemoan social media as the bane of society and a complete cesspit yet continue to engage with it.

Jake Niall’s column in The Age today is the level of “negative” reporting on our situation that I’d be prepared to accept in normal circumstances. However, given there’s such an outrageous pile-on taking place right now, it just saps the energy further.

Niall is one of the few people I would listen to, which makes me think there is probably something to the Archer stuff if he is referencing it.

Niall is one of the few people I would listen to, which makes me think there is probably something to the Archer stuff if he is referencing it.
Jake is usually pretty good but at this stage I'm thinking more along the lines of media pile on that goes back to stuff last year that Caro got her knickers in a twist over.

From memory it was when Arch was given a role by Buckley that brought in Brady and he may have been instrumental in the appointment of Rhyce.

Caro was squealing like a stuck pig about it.

As far as I'm concerned Arch was doing his job as a board member with footy expertise and his relationship with Brady was more than likely instrumental in prising him free from the cokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back