Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feeling nervous and anxious?

I've generally been pretty good during the week, but on match day as the start time is approaching the nerves start to kick in

Starting a bit earlier this week, and I'm pretty sure it's not the dinner I just ate

I was nervous for nearly the entire week prior to the Collingwood game, I think at that point I wasn't ready for our season and for Gazza's career to end. Last week I wasn't too bad until match day (I said something along the lines of feeling like I had the Butterfly House at the zoo in my stomach), having so many other sports on provided a good distraction from sitting around and waiting for the game all day

So far this week I still don't think it's entirely sunk in that we're actually playing in a Grand Final so I haven't been too bad if I'm just pottering around watching TV or whatever (whereas before the Port and especially the Pies game it was the only thing on my mind), but anytime I'm reading through the papers or BigFooty the nerves kick in

Most importantly, what did you have for dinner that may or may not be the cause of the butterflies in the stomach?

Bit of a weird feeling heading into a grand final without being able to congregate with fellow geelong supporters somewhere, but looking forward to sharing the week, the game and the result with you all on big footy.

Been a weird year in general but Geelong have brought me much joy again, hoping it can be one more win and then a summer of celebration!

Cheers to all on big footy, has been a good way share the experience all year whilst mostly stuck at home.

I was nervous for nearly the entire week prior to the Collingwood game, I think at that point I wasn't ready for our season and for Gazza's career to end. Last week I wasn't too bad until match day (I said something along the lines of feeling like I had the Butterfly House at the zoo in my stomach), having so many other sports on provided a good distraction from sitting around and waiting for the game all day

So far this week I still don't think it's entirely sunk in that we're actually playing in a Grand Final so I haven't been too bad if I'm just pottering around watching TV or whatever (whereas before the Port and especially the Pies game it was the only thing on my mind), but anytime I'm reading through the papers or BigFooty the nerves kick in

Most importantly, what did you have for dinner that may or may not be the cause of the butterflies in the stomach?

I reheated left over pasta that I initially cooked last night

Well I'm feeling both nervous and excited. As a Canberran I can fly to Qld and so I bought tickets for the game. For all of you stuck in Victoria (where I grew up) I can only promise my wife and I will be barracking at the top of our voices.

I will be staying at Broadbeach and will have a hire car. Any locals have tips for getting to the game (public transport or driving, specifically parking)?

I wore my scarf to work today and surprisingly, for Canberra, got a lot of comments about the game against Brisbane and the GF. Past GF years most people looked at me strangely (actually most people look at me strangely!).

I reheated left over pasta that I initially cooked last night

Hmm, doesn't seem like something that would cause stomach illness unless something was undercooked. But seeing as it was reheated and eaten the night before, it's unlikely. Think you might just be in the 'nervous before the Grand Final' club. Welcome!

In fact on a slightly related note, I've been thinking of what I'll have for dinner on Saturday night. On one hand, I'd like to have some form of a nice takeaway seeing as it's a Grand Final, but on the other I'm fairly certain I'll be too nervous and sick in the stomach to eat.

Hmm, doesn't seem like something that would cause stomach illness unless something was undercooked. But seeing as it was reheated and eaten the night before, it's unlikely. Think you might just be in the 'nervous before the Grand Final' club. Welcome!

In fact on a slightly related note, I've been thinking of what I'll have for dinner on Saturday night. On one hand, I'd like to have some form of a nice takeaway seeing as it's a Grand Final, but on the other I'm fairly certain I'll be too nervous and sick in the stomach to eat.

Yep, preplanning the Saturday night dinner is very important this week

I'm thinking of going the Friday night takeaway option, ordering extra so there's leftovers - that covers the potential issues around local places maybe not being open as they want to be home watching the game, or if the preferred option is open I don't have to worry about delays from too many thinking the same way

But like you, the nerves may well win out - I scoffed down dinner before Saturdays match, decided it wasn't a great option but thankfully nerves settled once the match started... And then returned when we started to go stupid in the last & Henderson gave away the needless 50m penalty

Well I'm feeling both nervous and excited. As a Canberran I can fly to Qld and so I bought tickets for the game. For all of you stuck in Victoria (where I grew up) I can only promise my wife and I will be barracking at the top of our voices.

I will be staying at Broadbeach and will have a hire car. Any locals have tips for getting to the game (public transport or driving, specifically parking)?

I wore my scarf to work today and surprisingly, for Canberra, got a lot of comments about the game against Brisbane and the GF. Past GF years most people looked at me strangely (actually most people look at me strangely!).

Don't take the car anywhere near the ground, as no public parking available. Plenty of buses and light rail from here:

Hope for your sake and ours you have a great day.
Go hard - You won't suffer Richmunt feral noise (responsible for my hearing loss last year).

Yep, preplanning the Saturday night dinner is very important this week

I'm thinking of going the Friday night takeaway option, ordering extra so there's leftovers - that covers the potential issues around local places maybe not being open as they want to be home watching the game, or if the preferred option is open I don't have to worry about delays from too many thinking the same way

But like you, the nerves may well win out - I scoffed down dinner before Saturdays match, decided it wasn't a great option but thankfully nerves settled once the match started... And then returned when we started to go stupid in the last & Henderson gave away the needless 50m penalty

I wondered when someone would bring up the elephant in the room- Hendersons pig headed blooper TWO WEEKS in a row.
He might be starring ATM but anything unprofessional like that again and the Gf party pies are going to splatter.

Speaking of Henderson - to put the following into perspective, this week will be game #185 for him

And.....If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle. Although these gender bender days not relevant.
(My Aunts are all old and secure in their identity).

PS I get your point-he deserves it.

Heard Harry Taylor on the radio about 30 minutes ago with Karl Langdon and Paul Haselby - in the intro they mentioned this is his 280th game coming up ( equals Andrew Mackie - 9th most games played by a Geel player - and its his 31st final )

He spoke well - points he made

(1) Are you going around next year - said his great mate JK at the Eagles had signed a 1 year deal - they train together i think in the off season at Geraldton in WA - so that is 50/50 will sit down with the club the week following the GF etc

(2) Are you going to tag Martin - he said if it was his decision - then his view is gun players should allways be tagged - mentioned what Ling use to do - but he said he would leave it up to the coaches

(3) The Hawkins situation - dismissed it - bit of a sore throat - hopefully he is training Wednesday

(4) Re Geelongs abysmal effort in round 17 - 1 goal to 3 qtr time - very disappointed how they played that night - learnt alot from the game - 2 pts in particular - how they want to move the ball - and how they want to defend Rich

(5) Said the group are very focussed or hungry was the word he used

(6) Life after football - loves the football industry - but he wouldnt mind giving business a go - said you have to be working - if your not working - youve got no focus in life

Guthrie on Martin around the ground, Kolo when he goes forward - just need to make sure the hand-off is clean
60LMPv.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've generally been pretty good during the week, but on match day as the start time is approaching the nerves start to kick in

Starting a bit earlier this week, and I'm pretty sure it's not the dinner I just ate
Not so much nerves. The thing that’s ruffling my feathers is all the Cameron talk. And now with the media throwing up players names for trade 3 days out from a GF.
It’s sickening. Hopefully the players aren’t reading it.

From recent memory you think so.... goes to show to the outside world who writing us of, anything can happen

Yeah, we just need Richmond to have a bad night - like our last two opponents have if you believe what you read on the main board.

yes, very; comes on outta the blue, just below the surface..
can’t wait for the game to begin!

I have to wait an extra 12 hours or so to watch this game which isn't helping my nerves! It's on at 1:30am here so I'm going to record it and watch around normal Grand Final time on Saturday afternoon. If I put my phone down it's easy to avoid the score but if I wake up during the night it's going to take some will-power not to flick on the TV.

I have to wait an extra 12 hours or so to watch this game which isn't helping my nerves! It's on at 1:30am here so I'm going to record it and watch around normal Grand Final time on Saturday afternoon. If I put my phone down it's easy to avoid the score but if I wake up during the night it's going to take some will-power not to flick on the TV.
Where did you live?

I'm contemplating the same but just 3 hours to change it from 9 30am to 12 30pm in the UK. Let's me have a few more appropriately timed beers during and after. But I know as usual I'll crack and watch it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back