Good luck Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Hindsight....

Also makes our midfield/flanks slower, Richmond to further exploit that.

Although the last three I agree with.

Often should never have played.

Brisbane have the perfect set up for his style of play.

We had to shoehorn him in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Millera and Galluci over Kelly and Mackay and you think that makes us slower?

How exactly would you like me to measure it champ?
It's called watching football.

Football stats are there to assist you in assessing given areas of someone's game e.g. fewer contested possies backs up the idea that they're being used more on the outside etc etc.

You've based the 10% improvement on 1 single variable. That's like saying the population grew by 1% therefore house prices will go up by 1%.

It's called watching football.

Football stats are there to assist you in assessing given areas of someone's game e.g. fewer contested possies backs up the idea that they're being used more on the outside etc etc.

You've based the 10% improvement on 1 single variable. That's like saying the population grew by 1% therefore house prices will go up by 1%.

Ok let me empirically measure that... oh wait.

It doesn't make our midfield slower, because guys like Atkins shat themselves and caused endless turnovers.

A guy with no legspeed that can get the ball forward is better than a quick midfielder who gets caught holding the ball in the center of the ground
Ideally Atkins is not the answer either.

You are shoehorning Lyons into a role he is not suited.

The very reason Lyons has done well at Brisbane is because he is playing his natural role. The hybrid mid with his strength being inside. But can play outside.

In 2017 our best inside mid was MCrouch. Brad and Sloane the hybrids.

And we had Greenwood.

In late 2016 in that depth chart he is behind all of them. And yes that depth is now gone.

He could have stuck around. Was offered a contract to do so. But did the smart thing and moved out of that depth chart.

This “you can’t play them in the same side” is just a fairytale made up to defend an incorrect position.

At one stage we had CEY, Greenwood and M Crouch in the side - all of who are either slower and/or more one dimensional this Lyons.

He was already a quality player when we gave him away - as Champion Data tweeted when he was floated as trade bait for Gibbs.

Giving him away was a clear balls up, and people should stop trying to justify it.

This “you can’t play them in the same side” is just a fairytale made up to defend an incorrect position.

At one stage we had CEY, Greenwood and M Crouch in the side - all of who are either slower and/or more one dimensional this Lyons.

He was already a quality player when we gave him away - as Champion Data tweeted when he was floated as trade bait for Gibbs.

Giving him away was a clear balls up, and people should stop trying to justify it.

We were also carrying Riley Knight for most of the year who offered us basically nothing in any role

How did we go with all three of them in the side?

CEY didn't play a game in 2017 and 2 in 2016.

How did we go with all three of them together circa 2018/19?

We were also carrying Riley Knight for most of the year who offered us basically nothing in any role
A pure outside player.

Not Lyons best role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still had a point of difference in that he hit the ball in the stoppage on the move and was able to get the ball direct forward on foot or by hand. The only other player we've had go forward from a stoppage was Danger.

If JL was still playing for us in 2020 would he have made a difference ? Would we have made finals this year with him?

What was ****ed was we let him go cheaply and what was more absurd is Gold Coast letting him go

The rumors seemed to indicate it was barely above the minimum contract for an AFL listed player.
I think it was below the average, rather than the minimum.

Still a pretty insulting deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back