News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't stand out to me with any highlights but seems highly rated. How did he go this year?
Not sure if you're serious?

Other than witnessing the scratch matches how would anyone know the answer to that other than the coaching staff?

Not sure if you're serious?

Other than witnessing the scratch marches how would anyone know the answer to that other than the coaching staff?
No, I'm being serious, I have not had any insight into his year whatsoever including scratch matches. You and the other poster seem to be more up to speed on his situation, and I'm curious to know how far away he would be specifically, and whether he'd be able to get a game next year.

Taking salary dumps is routinely what low ranked teams do to get deals in their favor. I think Carlton did it a few times with guys like Matthew Lobbe and Rhys Palmer
Yep, I think Lobbe and Palmer took roughly a pick in the 100’s each for Carlton to get. Neither were good at all at the time they were traded, but better than that value

No, I'm being serious, I have not had any insight into his year whatsoever including scratch matches. You and the other poster seem to be more up to speed on his situation, and I'm curious to know how far away he would be specifically, and whether he'd be able to get a game next year.
Hamish's thoughts on Ronin after the draft. 48 sec mark.

Pretyy simple we know what the contract is and if isnt 800k a year it wont be band 1 also i think the wages are dropping so band 1 wages should drop also if not its a farce and will end up in court either aflpa or clubs can see this happening especially after last year whe gold coast were given an extra pick yet we are in the same position this year
You think, but you don't know. No one knows what the band will be because the AFL haven't figured it out yet. So we can't just say 'Band 1 or we match', because no one knows what Band 1 is, and the AFL probably don't even start working on that until all the clubs make their decisions on whether to match or not. No one at the AFL is calling up the AFC and saying 'hey chaps, if you don't match you will get Band 1/2, just some friendly context to help you decide'.

Also - they are not paying him $800k. Not in a year when salary caps, wages, and list sizes are reducing.

No one is taking the AFL to court over us not getting Band 1 - the AFLPA are getting exactly what they want here (Crouch moves as a FA) and we signed up to these rules, regardless of how ambiguous they are. Even if a club took the AFL to court it wouldn't be us, because they hold our license.

Crouch’s manager last week says he isn’t involved in the negotiations between the two clubs and today the Saints list manager says they’re dealing with Crouch’s manager on the finer contract details, didn’t mention any negotiations with the Crows. Is one of them not telling us the full picture? Gallagher acknowledges that the Crows could still match and force a trade. I would also suspect that this deal gets lodged as soon as FA opens on Friday.

Crouch’s manager last week says he isn’t involved in the negotiations between the two clubs and today the Saints list manager says they’re dealing with Crouch’s manager on the finer contract details, didn’t mention any negotiations with the Crows. Is one of them not telling us the full picture? Gallagher acknowledges that the Crows could still match and force a trade. I would also suspect that this deal gets lodged as soon as FA opens on Friday.

I listened to the interview with the Saints list manager and took it that they're now in discussions with Crouchs manager and will be over the coming days

You think, but you don't know. No one knows what the band will be because the AFL haven't figured it out yet. So we can't just say 'Band 1 or we match', because no one knows what Band 1 is, and the AFL probably don't even start working on that until all the clubs make their decisions on whether to match or not. No one at the AFL is calling up the AFC and saying 'hey chaps, if you don't match you will get Band 1/2, just some friendly context to help you decide'.

Also - they are not paying him $800k. Not in a year when salary caps, wages, and list sizes are reducing.

No one is taking the AFL to court over us not getting Band 1 - the AFLPA are getting exactly what they want here (Crouch moves as a FA) and we signed up to these rules, regardless of how ambiguous they are. Even if a club took the AFL to court it wouldn't be us, because they hold our license.
Best line ive heard hes not worth pick 2 but daniher is worth 2 first rondpicks yet has played what 10 games in 3 years it will go to court if this happens but its all hearsay till it actually happens

Ronin was a draft smokey, he wasnt in his U/18 1st choice midfield so I woukdnt be banking on him as a 1st choice AFL mid

I hope the kad makes it but he was a draft smokey for a reason

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
So you obviously don't rate Hamish and our recruiting guys?

Hamish seemed to think he was an excellent pick up....size, contested ball, speed and leadership....I'm backing in Hamish who's strike rate with later/rookie picks well and truly passes the sniff test.

Ronin O'Connor - Pick 42

Mitch McGovern - Pick 43

Is this arsehole for real?

This is a far different story to what Daniel Talia had to say re Brad.

Kornes talks a lot of BS, but I'm of the same opinion on this one. I wouldn't be offering Brad any more than 3yrs with his injury history, which is what the Crows have offered if what I read is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listened to the interview with the Saints list manager and took it that they're now in discussions with Crouchs manager and will be over the coming days
Yep, just trying to work out how to get us pick 2 as we have said to the Saints we will match.

It's happening!

Best line ive heard hes not worth pick 2 but daniher is worth 2 first rondpicks yet has played what 10 games in 3 years it will go to court if this happens but its all hearsay till it actually happens
Where did I say Daniher was worth 2 first round picks? Also I said he's not worth $800k, nothing about Pick 2. Which he also isn't, in isolation, if you want to go into the detail.

I like your passion for this 'taking the AFL to court' option and wish that someone would to force them to be transparent, but it won't be Crouch's agent or the AFC who does.

Josh Dunkley is also easily worth 2 first rounds picks I've reliably informed by Trade Radio

Yep, just trying to work out how to get us pick 2 as we have said to the Saints we will match.

It's happening!
I very much hope this is the case, as much as I can't see it happening for many reasons, I'd be very happy to eat pick 2 flavoured humble pie if we got lucky.

Kornes talks a lot of BS, but I'm of the same opinion on this one. I wouldn't be offering Brad any more than 3yrs with his injury history, which is what the Crows have offered if what I read is true.
St Kilda probably needed to offer 5 to get it over the line against the Geelongs and the Richmonds of the world. Remember St Kilda had a good year, but they are still not a club that players would discount their services to go to! Not even close

I agree - the Saints shouldn't be offering 5 years on $700, they should be offering 4 years on $850 :)

It was more what he said that went to Brad's character and work ethic. I reckon Tals would have far more knowledge in that regard re Brad than that arsehole Kornes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back