Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Well I think you can count Phillips out, absolute Bailey smith flight risk, going to hawthorn , Gold Coast, or if he slips to Essendon, most likely GC.

Will Adelaide as much as they want him take gamble of acl at pick 1, I very much doubt it. Too much riding on pick 1

I am now thinking not LM but Tilthorpe.

only logic picking Holland is that it may if everything aligns right see him get to us at 9.

Here is how I think it may play out:

1 Adelaide Holland’s
2 NM LM
3 WB bid on JUH sydney
4 Sydney DGB
5 hawthorn Perkins or Phillips but thinking perkins
6 GC phillips or tilthorpe but lean to Phillips keep 3 amigo together

This is where it’s interesting Essendon, do they take one or two talls
I think 1 and 2 midfielders knowing merit out door
7 essendon - rumour big on Cox
8 Essendon ?? But midfielder maybe brun
9 Essendon ?? Midfielder - think they want Perkins but hawthorn get him
10 Adelaide TILTHORPE

The first 10 slowly becoming clearer, so still possible get Hollands tilthorpe but everything have go our way.
key is have keep pick 9 and not push back
If RT still there at their pick and big on Cox, we may be able do a deal

Only worry is GC, wanted move to NM pick why ? Do they want one of LM or RT
GC probably want Hollands. Probably gone cold as Roos and Crows are keen.

That's a particularly dumb point, considering that Fogarty had a really bad year and had been slipping throughout the season.

Thilthorpe still managed to be in the bests five times this year, as an 18 year old.
Its a lot harder to play top AFL footy then is it to make West Adelaide's best

I would argue if Fog played for Westies all year he would have made their best more than 5 times

Lets not forget when sanfl sides list their best they list about 6 players

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its a lot harder to play top AFL footy then is it to make West Adelaide's best

I would argue if Fog played for Westies all year he would have made their best more than 5 times

Lets not forget when sanfl sides list their best they list about 6 players

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's hard to be in the bests as a #1 KPF in a rubbish team, then lead the ruck when your groins are just about shot

Gunston is much more mobile than Callow.

I would have thought Callow is more a Levi Casboult type.,

On a physical nature Callow is alot stronger and bigger than a 29year old Gunston but has the same strong hands and his ground work and goal sense is similar.

I agree that mobility is different but I don't see a stronger Callow & Casboult comparison.

The way he was played in Tasmania makes it hard to judge to be honest but a 194cm 90kg kid could thrive in a solid AFL system and would be round 1 ready.

On a physical nature Callow is alot stronger and bigger than a 29year old Gunston but has the same strong hands and his ground work and goal sense is similar.

I agree that mobility is different but I don't see a stronger Callow & Casboult comparison.

The way he was played in Tasmania makes it hard to judge to be honest but a 194cm 90kg kid could thrive in a solid AFL system and would be round 1 ready.
I think more Brian Beinke with Callow

A slightly taller Jack Darling type?

Like you I think he quite underrated in this draft pool.

Good comparison.

Callow isn't that great below his knees and is pretty immobile.

He has fantastic hands, though - just like Casboult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Darling gets around the ground better, but that's very fair.

If we do pick McDonald, I think we really also need to plug our skills gap in the middle.

McDonald looks to do well with nicely weighted passes kicked to advantage. I'm unsure how he goes making something out of nothing. If he's relying on quality ball from our midfield as it currently stands, we will be in big trouble.
Even more so now with Laird in the middle and his hail maryesque delivery.

Possibly at Rostrevor Old Collegians . Make a break season coming up

giphy.gif

Correct Re Callow , lacks agility and his below knees stuff is poor

he has good endurance but not good speed
It might just be that he looks a bit like a cornfed country lad at the moment.

I have no idea where he's from in Tassie, but he looks pretty thick through the shoulders at the minute. Maybe he gets a bit leaner in an AFL program? He doesn't mind a tackle, which looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back