Media Dragons Skipper Hangs Up The Qooty Boots

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it reported? I believe i carded someone for something like that early this season.

If not, it was because we didn’t see it. Mods don’t read every post, unlike what Santoz beliebes, we do actually have a life.

Let's keep this a celebratory thread for AceAndy where we remember and revel in his achievements please mate.

Save your vendetta against me for a more appropriate place I reckon :thumbsu:

Let's keep this a celebratory thread for AceAndy where we remember and revel in his achievements please mate.

Save your vendetta against me for a more appropriate place I reckon :thumbsu:

Could not agree more. Really disrespectful for posters to have derailed this. Some of them future admin and teammates!

That's my secret, Pug - I always feel ashamed. Living is shame. Could be the rigid Catholic upbringing. Not my upbring, mind you, rather the hundreds of them that preceded me through history, passed on down to me.
I live in shame daily. Its a badge of honour.

Pity this thread got derailed a bit. There are no similarities between Ace or Wayneo as posters, contributors to the Comp or their teams.

Whatever his reasons, Ace clearly gave his decision some thought and evidently discussed his decision with his team mates. It is clear he and the Drags are parting on the best of terms.

Wayne, the smear that he is, left his team in the lurch and treated them like dirt.

Pity this thread got derailed a bit. There are no similarities between Ace or Wayneo as posters, contributors to the Comp or their teams.

Whatever his reasons, Ace clearly gave his decision some thought and evidently discussed his decision with his team mates. It is clear he and the Drags are parting on the best of terms.

Wayne, the smear that he is, left his team in the lurch and treated them like dirt.

Says it's a pity the thread got derailed.

Three short sentences later is having a crack at Wayne.

Four of the top five posters in this thread are Bombers. Colour me shocked.
When people bait posters, you have to expect them to respond.
It would be the natural response.

Horry, with all due respect

DistantPerkyCrownofthornsstarfish-small.gif

Horry, with all due respect

View attachment 1019666

Hello my fave Pug. You have made a rare error here. I have never ironed my toga. It has more wrinkles than my face.

Every few centuries the toga becomes so grubby it marches off by itself to bathe in the Tiber or more recently into a washing machine. It has never been ironed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may or may not be aware that this season I turned 60 (looks like they have changed BF as you can no longer see posters ages so you may not be) and I have decided it is time I stepped away from the Sweet FA.

As my friends at the Bombers have noted it is embarrassing for someone my age to be on the internet , this between calling me out as a predator and a paedophile. Great memories.

At sixty years of age i think it is the right time for me to step away from a Fantasy Football forum, Qooty is definitely a young persons game. Next season serial_thrilla will be leading the Dragons and I am certain will be a great leader for our club and will take the Dragons to the next level.

I would like to wish each and everyone on the forum all the best where ever your Qooty and life journey takes you. And with that AA and his Seniors card rode off into the wilderness.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.
I will miss you old man :sleepy:

I was genuinely shocked when I opened this thread. Even if your retirement is permanent, it'd be great if you could pop in and say g'day occasionally. All the best mate.
I have mine planned. Its just living another 30 years.

It is clear he and the Drags are parting on the best of terms.
No doubt about that; can honestly say in my time here there has never been a harsh word or animosity behind the scenes. For all our having fun in match threads joking about having a mutiny and posting rage GIFs about the Rebecca Black video, it's always been in good fun and all involved knew that. Andy's time was always gonna end only when he decided to; I think we were all a little shocked when he told us he was hanging up the boots but can certainly understand his reasons.

Ace, I’m genuinely sad to see you go, and I hope you find your way back some day. Happy to see you at the Bombers one day.

But mate...
The above portion of your farewell is a little dramatic, don’t you think?

Just the other night, The Filth Wizard implied that the entire Bomber side was made up of paedophiles. But I’ve known the worm for a while, and I know what’s in his heart, so you move on immediately.
The Bombers are made up predominantly of family men. Fathers. If anyone did say such a thing to you, and I’ve yet to see any evidence of that, surely you consider the source, use some common sense, and get some perspective.

The Bombers are an antagonistic side. If you copped some stick from us,
A. You’re not alone.
B. It’s more a compliment than an attack.
C. I’m sure you gave as good as you got.

Before you go though, check out some match threads from seasons 23 and 24 (in particular, Hawks vs Bombers) when it was open slather on partners, your children, dead mothers, human tragedies, atrocities, dead posters, cancer, and child killers. Mostly from “legends”, and “renowned posters”.

This place can be a cesspool, and there have been some disgusting, and obscene things that have been said and done.

But there are also some quality individuals, and outstanding humans throughout this community. I hope you got to experience more of the latter.

Good luck, Ace. Hopefully we’ll see you again in the not too distant future.

I think I see what you're doing with this post but it's very strangely constructed.

Firstly I clarified very specifically my comments related to the Bombers and their following of Harolad, in doing so acknowledging steering one of your posters to think it was pedo related was wrong.

Secondly, you've presented the actions of Season 23 and 24 as not only being an epidemic, or "open slather", you've also incorrectly attributed those behaviours to the Hawks of the time. Hell, you've even unfairly attributed it to the Bombers. It's disingenuous to sell the story any of that stuff was acceptable or allowed back then. As I was the admin and also a mod, I'll tell you with total certainty the content was always removed if it was seen or reported. I'll admit it could have been punished better in some instances but that shouldn't be seen as a green light. I think the mods in the Sweet FA try to be a little lighter in that regard, red cards and the like, because of the vibe of the place but the real nasty stuff is still always dealt with.

I saw you mentioned later personal cancer related banter (I'm genuinely sorry you endured it) etc and I can't comment too deeply on it as I don't know when it happened however I can say the biggest bugbear for mods is "nothing get's done". This isn't aimed at you but the amount of times I've seen whinging because people believe nothing gets done is such a pain in the ass for moderators. The fact is not everything is card-worthy however almost all of this content is removed and in most cases the poster in question is cautioned or conversed with. An aggrieved posters need for vindication is never taken into account when mods are dealing with these things, hence why these posters don't get to sit in on an execution.

I think I see what you're doing with this post but it's very strangely constructed.

Firstly I clarified very specifically my comments related to the Bombers and their following of Harolad, in doing so acknowledging steering one of your posters to think it was pedo related was wrong.

Secondly, you've presented the actions of Season 23 and 24 as not only being an epidemic, or "open slather", you've also incorrectly attributed those behaviours to the Hawks of the time. Hell, you've even unfairly attributed it to the Bombers. It's disingenuous to sell the story any of that stuff was acceptable or allowed back then. As I was the admin and also a mod, I'll tell you with total certainty the content was always removed if it was seen or reported. I'll admit it could have been punished better in some instances but that shouldn't be seen as a green light. I think the mods in the Sweet FA try to be a little lighter in that regard, red cards and the like, because of the vibe of the place but the real nasty stuff is still always dealt with.

I saw you mentioned later personal cancer related banter (I'm genuinely sorry you endured it) etc and I can't comment too deeply on it as I don't know when it happened however I can say the biggest bugbear for mods is "nothing get's done". This isn't aimed at you but the amount of times I've seen whinging because people believe nothing gets done is such a pain in the ass for moderators. The fact is not everything is card-worthy however almost all of this content is removed and in most cases the poster in question is cautioned or conversed with. An aggrieved posters need for vindication is never taken into account when mods are dealing with these things, hence why these posters don't get to sit in on an execution.

My favourite is:

Poster 1: "Waaah, poster2 does this all the time and gets away with it and I get carded for nothing. Double standards!!"
Poster 2: "Waaah, poster1 does this all the time and gets away with it and I get carded for nothing. Double standards!!"

My favourite is:

Poster 1: "Waaah, poster2 does this all the time and gets away with it and I get carded for nothing. Double standards!!"
Poster 2: "Waaah, poster1 does this all the time and gets away with it and I get carded for nothing. Double standards!!"

Unlike you to be sucking up to TFW mate.

My favourite is:

tenor%20(25).gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back