List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most likely the Stack, Stengel factor, clubs will quickly become gun shy again if these incidents keep happening.
Think people will take the risk but will be extremely cautious about what picks they use and what contracts they offer
cant see a 5 year deal on the table for the suspect types. There are talent that just needs to be given a chance even if the success rate appears not as great

Think people will take the risk but will be extremely cautious about what picks they use and what contracts they offer
cant see a 5 year deal on the table for the suspect types. There are talent that just needs to be given a chance even if the success rate appears not as great

Agree a certain level of maturity and compliance , are things that should come naturally if one has the head screwed on properly.
Optimistically recruiters look for well grounded individuals but as we know life is not always the case.
It’s unfortunate some youngsters whom are brilliantly gifted , just can’t get it together to fulfill their potential.

REally was not Austin doing the picking them years at Richmond
Francis Jackson & Matt Clarke later were our 2 main men but the draft in 2014 for Richmond was mainly Jackson making calls (including the Lennon over Cripps before :mad: )
I remember desperately not wanting us to draft Lennon that year so I was glad how that turned out. I wasn't pro drafting Cripps, I'm not too proud to admit, but at least he had the reputation of being good at clearing the ball out of packs. I couldn't really see the 'upside' of Lennon.

...11 out of the 22 All Australians in 2020 (and probably true most years) were picks outside the top 20 and many outside top 30 - its more true for non mids actually

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That last bit should tell you something about where the value lies as the picks get deeper, historically Carlton haven't taken advantage of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back