NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting flip

1) if they want to play men’s, then no issue at all with no caveats
2) if they want to play women’s then the Olympic’s has precedence in process and boxing has precedence in safety controls
3) if they want to play trans league then no issue at all with no caveats

But creating leagues to place trans, unwanted blacks, disliked happy clapper Christians etc is not on
Who is creating unwanted blacks and Christians leagues. Is this your fantasy world?

Nope, no, no just no.
For the most part it will just be too unsafe.

I have to admit, if I tried this I reckon the ladies would out play me....

The issue is a bit more complicated than some here are making out.

I watched the episode of “You Can’t Ask That” about transgender people and it was a real eye opener.

It is not just about people who grow up as men and then transition to female as adults. There are people who are essentially both genders at birth. Other might not be either gender. In the past doctors might just pick a gender for the baby (and operate on them) which is a hell of a thing to live with if the person grows up feeling the doctor made a mistake.

I seem to remember that the program said something like 1% of the population are to some extent transgender, meaning it is a lot more common than most people think.

All of this human complexity makes it hard to make blanket rules to cover sporting competitions.

One could say: one competition for women; and the other for men and all transgender people ... but that solution will likely be contrary to a bunch of established discrimination laws (plus good luck being transgender in any of the footy comps I played in).

I actually knew a child like that. I was told by his teacher that he has a condition where he had a female chromosome in him or something like that, essentially making him both a boy and a girl in a way. He looked like a boy and definitely identified as a boy but there was a chance puberty was going to be weird for him and I was told he was going to be sterile. I wish I remember the exact details of his condition.

The purpose of sex-segregated sport is to limit the biological advantages and disadvantages to normal variations within the same sex. The reason that happens, is because men have a significantly higher physical performance ceiling than women.

The research being done is showing that post-transition females still have a notable physical advantage over biological women. Speed, strength, muscle mass, bone density - the lot.

As much as it sucks for trans women, I can't see how any other decision can be made but to ban them from women's sports whenever there is an unfair advantage for them.

This is such a massive issue that is essentially an onion, so many bloody layers.

At the end of the day, without delving deep into the physiological and social issues that are attached to this, someone who is born a male should not be allowed to compete on almost every sporting field, especially contact sports, with someone who was born a female.

There will always be rare cases on the fringe and exceptions to every rule, but there are very good reasons for all history (until very recently) that sports has been segregated... be that by gender, weight, age or other.

These days, people are afraid to be able to speak their minds for fear of chastisation, but I'd suggest the vast majority of logical and reasonable people realise that for all intents and purposes, biological men should not physically compete against biological women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The purpose of sex-segregated sport is to limit the biological advantages and disadvantages to normal variations within the same sex. The reason that happens, is because men have a significantly higher physical performance ceiling than women.

The research being done is showing that post-transition females still have a notable physical advantage over biological women. Speed, strength, muscle mass, bone density - the lot.

As much as it sucks for trans women, I can't see how any other decision can be made but to ban them from women's sports whenever there is an unfair advantage for them.

This is my position. The women's competitions are intentionally excluding the physically superior males, this is what they were created for. The women's leagues are by their existence the exclusionary competitions with the men's league being the open competition.

There would be a varying level of ability between all women playing the game each able to eventually find their place in an open competition somewhere between A grade and Z grade. I expect most women would occupy the lowest grades, but they would be competing against evenly matched opponents. Transgender women would fit in somewhere higher than those grades with some elite women and some moderate to high level men, then the men's high and elite levels would round out the top grades.

That might have to be the way we go on these things, totally open competition with things like AFLW actually being H grade in the AFL system. So nothing actually changes, just the name of what the league is.

I'm not sure if exclusion is the way to go. Even blacks are allowed to sit in the front of the bus and all these days!
But women are excluded from men’s sport, and vice versa.

Interestingly no one has flagged the option that we do away with men’s and women’s sports, and purely base it on ability. You’d end up with a fair bit of gender separation anyway, but if women were good enough to get a run with the boys, good on em. Then trans wouldn’t be an issue. Separate pay rates also would no longer be an issue. You could say it’s unfair because women are less athletic but that’s no more unfair than the fact that some people are just taller, faster, more skilful than others.

This guy was born female. He wants to wrestle with boys but the rules state he has to wrestle with girls. Has won the championship 2 years in a row.

Why do transgender people only want to play "female" sports
Odd how there is never discourse around a transperson wanting to play mens sport.

Men playing against men is completely different from men playing against women.
Oh it is? How scientific. Good to know.

identifies as a women which is her right

In my opinion if he wants to be a she that's his/her choice, but to play in the womens league is wrong. Too much of an advantage.

Makes a choice & then wants the right to .... exercising a right has consequences, oops.

I don't think many men would do that. In fact I fully believe this person is a woman and sees herself as a woman. That is not the issue, the isuse is because she was born a man does she have an advantage over people that were born as women, and if the answer is yes she should not be allowed to play. It doesn't seem fair to her, but it isn't fair on the other women that she be allowed to play either.
Well he already has. If he plays its only going to open the flood gates.

Nope, no, no just no.
For the most part it will just be too unsafe.

I have to admit, if I tried this I reckon the ladies would out play me....
You'd be surprised. National u/15s sides regularly cream women's national soccer sides and Serena Williams probably couldn't beat any top 500 rank male players. A random BF side would probably beat most AFLW sides.

You'd be surprised. National u/15s sides regularly cream women's national soccer sides and Serena Williams probably couldn't beat any top 500 rank male players. A random BF side would probably beat most AFLW sides.

Serena has said she couldn't beat the top men players but she might do okay against the 500th ranked player because of her serve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back