Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're replacing 130-135 averaging Gawn > 100-105 averaging Dusty to save $210k so you can turn a Heppell/Hately into Rowell?

Gawn & Heppell/Hately

Vs

Rowell & Dusty

Reckon you'd be 20+ points a week better of with the Gawn option and that's not even counting his C score.
No you don’t understand I was able to add Merrett or Stelle to my midfield

This is my team right now unchangedView attachment 1050550

Nice looking team..on paper. Not sure why you'd want to go light on in defence this year though. It's the one line that has 10+ viable premo's to choose from. 5 North players on-field is too many imo. Especially since we really don't know what to expect from them this year with a new coach, game style etc. Really, 5 players from any one team on-field is asking for trouble. Reckon you'd be better off with an extra premo in Defence and Hately at M5.

You gotta go Prawn ruck combo this year. You can Holla for a Marshall in case there’s trouble.

Will be interesting to see the points difference between Grundy and Pruess.

I'm still undecided which one to pick to partner Gawn with.

The $350k odd going Pruess sure comes in handy though.

I don't expect preuss to break the 100avg barrier but he'll be a good as long as he is fit.

Grundy hasn't been doing scratch matches? I don't know what is going on with him but I think I heard he had to get surgery on his foot after finals.

I have gone with Preuss, Goldy & Treacy with Marshall as backup.

I don't expect preuss to break the 100avg barrier but he'll be a good as long as he is fit.

Grundy hasn't been doing scratch matches? I don't know what is going on with him but I think I heard he had to get surgery on his foot after finals.

I have gone with Preuss, Goldy & Treacy with Marshall as backup.

I can just see it now...

Preuss
Rd1 121 points (LoL @ GrUnDy OwNeRs!!1)
Rd2 87 points
Rd3 14 point (calf injury)
-
-
Rd6 57 points (sharing ruck duties/low TOG%)

Meanwhile Grundy has outscored him by only 380 points after 6 rounds due to having a fairly quiet start by his standards

For those picking Gawn@ $751,000 , at what price would you not pick him?
$752,000...
It’s not just about his price for me it’s just I don’t really like any other options. If there was a really appealing viable alternative I’d take him on. I also don’t want be trading rucks all year.

$752,000...
It’s not just about his price for me it’s just I don’t really like any other options. If there was a really appealing viable alternative I’d take him on. I also don’t want be trading rucks all year.
Plus he's a pretty good captain option. It's worth having 1-2 players who are probably overpriced but will be at the pointy end of SC beasts who offer double points each week as captain material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can just see it now...

Preuss
Rd1 121 points (LoL @ GrUnDy OwNeRs!!1)
Rd2 87 points
Rd3 14 point (calf injury)
-
-
Rd6 57 points (sharing ruck duties/low TOG%)

Meanwhile Grundy has outscored him by only 380 points after 6 rounds due to having a fairly quiet start by his standards

Round 7 dropped entirely in favour of a Mumford/Coniglio 1-2 combo.

For those picking Gawn@ $751,000 , at what price would you not pick him?

As long as he's under $7,030,400 you should be able to round the rest of the your team out with 29 $102,400 rookies.

So I'd have to say $7,030,401 would be be my limit for not picking the best scorer in the game.

Gawn, Grundy, Preuss. Marshall FWD. Invest in those 4 and then create the rest of your team. That is essentially what ive done. Yes, its a lot of money to outlay but all 4 of them are good enough to make my team so im doing it. It means i take a Ziebell instead of a Heeney or Williams over Lloyd. Peace of mind and trading flexibility. Locked and loaded!

Gawn, Grundy, Preuss. Marshall FWD. Invest in those 4 and then create the rest of your team. That is essentially what ive done. Yes, its a lot of money to outlay but all 4 of them are good enough to make my team so im doing it. It means i take a Ziebell instead of a Heeney or Williams over Lloyd. Peace of mind and trading flexibility. Locked and loaded!
$300k on the ruck bench would hurt a lot. Even if he scores 100 in every game until his bye, he won't even go above $500k ($476k using tooserious calc). You would need a few big 130/140/150s for him to jump up $150k+ quickly

If you think he can do that, you may as well start him over one of Gawn or Grundy lol

I'm slowly slowly leaning towards Gawn and Grundy combo

$300k on the ruck bench would hurt a lot. Even if he scores 100 in every game until his bye, he won't even go above $500k ($476k using tooserious calc). You would need a few big 130/140/150s for him to jump up $150k+ quickly

If you think he can do that, you may as well start him over one of Gawn or Grundy lol

I saw a post yesterday that Grundy has not been taking part in COLL's match sims ......is all well ?

I saw a post yesterday that Grundy has not been taking part in COLL's match sims ......is all well ?
Not sure, probably just giving him light workload. See how he's moving in a few weeks

It's irrelevant though. Nobody has to think about that. He's 751k this year, that's all.

You just pick him, enjoy his captain scores, and turn your full attention away from ruck trades.
IIRC the starting Combination Price of Gawn / Grundy is cheaper this year than in 2020 ......so that's good, isn't it ?

I think Preuss can go close to making $200k which is 200k more than the cheap ruck that everyone has picked will. That is a 400k payday when i downgrade him. Yes, im giving up points early but ill make up lots of them once i pull the trigger. I know its taking a risk on Preuss but i honestly think he will be the best 300k player in the game and worthy of a spot, even if it comes at the cost of an additional premium in another position. Yes 200k is worth 37 points per week but then when i downgrade him ill have 200k + whatever he makes.

For example, if he makes 150k then ill have 350k to spend above that of everyone who went for the cheapie ruck who does nothing bar linking up with Marshall. Say i lose 37x10 = 370 points over the first 10 rounds (the value of 200k), then ill have 13 rounds to make back those points. If i have 350k above what everyone else has, i will be able to make say 1 additional upgrade worth potentially ~60 points based on the 'starting value of money'. I will then have an additional trade to use given everyone else will have to double downgrade in order to get the cash to do their upgrades. Over 13 rounds, i have an additional trade to use, if the average downgrade/upgrade is worth 30 ppg, then the additional trade is worth 15 ppw right? Over 13 rounds i can make the additional upgrade a week early (60 points) and then have say 15ppg x13rounds = 195 points. So i have ~255 points where the average starting value is 370 points. So i lose 115 points over the season, right?

So now i need to make up 115 points over 23 weeks which is 5 points per week. So im losing 5 points per week based on the starting value of money. Now i reckon that i can come up with those 5 extra points per week by selecting a cheaper mid-pricer instead of premium or rookie over mid-pricer. Moreover, if i get rid of Preuss after say 7 rounds, then ill see the benefit for longer and in that case, i believe ill come out slightly on top although that is just an estimate.

Of course ive made lots of assumptions here that make it unrealistic (in particular the 'value of money being stable') but my point is that in the long run, starting Preuss shouldn't cost many points and there are many cases where it could end up being more beneficial than starting a rookie who is essentially dead wood. Funnily enough, i actually think a big deterrent from starting preuss over a cheap non playing is that i would lose the ability to use the VC/C loophole for round 1 and potentially longer, although i think the odds would be on not losing the ability to loophole for too long given rookie selection and injuries etc.

TL;DR There are arguments each way but i am so confident in all 3 of Gawn, Grundy & Preuss that ill lock them in and go for value elsewhere.

I'm not trying be a smart arse but would you pay $775,000 for him?

This game is tricky enough without hypotheticals.

I don't know why this is so important to you.

This game is tricky enough without hypotheticals.

I don't know why this is so important to you.
I'm not saying he's a bad pick at his current price, but there has to be a cut off at some stage and I wanted know what price most people would say 'too much.'
In the end the game is about value for your dollar but I understand his value as a captain.
I would say $800,000 is definitely too much and right now $751,000 is as high as I would consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back