News Jordan Galluci invited to train with Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

22 year old midfielder former first round pick, played at a sh*t club with horrible development.

Happy to give him a free crack, low risk but potential reward.

The only sh*t thing is I'm not sure I can handle BT calling him, "The Loooooooooch" everytime he gets the ball.
What clubs thought about JON and Bling when they were at Richmond not so long ago .

What clubs thought about JON and Bling when they were at Richmond not so long ago .
I'm not saying he's a lock to be a gun, but that there's basically no risk here to give it a go. Happy to bring in guys that showed junior talent but had reasons why it didn't work, you never know.

I'm not saying he's a lock to be a gun, but that there's basically no risk here to give it a go. Happy to bring in guys that showed junior talent but had reasons why it didn't work, you never know.
The club will let him and the others train and whoever shows enough will get a gig. We don't have to take any of them unless we're reasonably impressed by their performance during this trial period. I hope we don't take a player because we feel obligated to take someone, Egg included..

Significant injury history but he does give us something we lack and that is genuine speed through the middle. Could honestly see him replacing Lambo who looked to be slowing down last year.
Lambert never took/takes hangers and rarely can kick a sherrin over 45 metres BUT his work ethic, selfless acts, stopping capabilities and footysmarts he has in spades...Gallooooch strikes me as a very pacy and neat but very dumb and a squibbish footballer. pass.

Low risk pick for the second spot I think. I hope Eggs is a lock for the first one. We could have got him early enough in his career that we can "pull the Adelaide" out of him and turn him into a decent footballer. He was the captain of the Eastern Rangers and Co-Captain of Vic Metro so at some point in his life he was responsible.
That’s my thinking , since 2018 the afc have been a rabble , prior to that he was one if the hottest prospects going around , worth a shot

All good mate , point was how good is it that we are now able to discuss other clubs being s**t at developing players .

Bet this campaigner wins a spot. Looking at it from a game plan point of view Higgins never 100% fit in the forward line because he was so slow.

They're probably looking at his draft pedigree, age and pace and think he can be turned around to replace Higgo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt around back then twas Greg Miller. Meanwhile he started building the greatest list we’ve had in 50y , the envy of the national competition
That’s your opinion , I give greater credit to Blair Hartley and Clarke .
Fine eyes joined the club as a recruiter in February 2005 , JON was drafted in the 2005 draft which was in November.

Last edited:
That’s your opinion , I give greater credit to Blair Hartley and Clarke .
Righto mate don’t be too proud to say you got it wrong , he played a lead role in assembling, read my lips , the best list we ve had in 50y , starting with jack Cotch rance and dusty , do I need to go on, the Fj hecklers are the same peanut gallery that tell me Caracalla was da man and watch him take the reigns at Ess

Righto mate don’t be too proud to say you got it wrong , he played a lead role in assembling, read my lips , the best list we ve had in 50y , starting with jack Cotch rance and dusty , do I need to go on, the Fj hecklers are the same peanut gallery that tell me Caracalla was da man and watch him take the reigns at Ess
Picks 8,2, 18 and 3 IIRC. Would you like to mention the other high draft picks he used on players few others rated that high and were absolute flops ?
Our recruiting improved ten fold as his input decreased .

In fairness neither had vic u18 captain junior credentials, did Jon even play champs , bling played div 2
For what it’s worth JON did play champs for WA and was one of their best. Unfortunately he was a lot more complicated off field then the tiges could handle back then. Tambling very similar. Elite at the champs and I’m adamant with better support around him he could have made a way bigger impact!

For what it’s worth JON did play champs for WA and was one of their best. Unfortunately he was a lot more complicated off field then the tiges could handle back then. Tambling very similar. Elite at the champs and I’m adamant with better support around him he could have made a way bigger impact!
Quite possibly , reputed juniors failing to flourish in our senior environment was a pattern for some time

Picks 8,2, 18 and 3 IIRC. Would you like to mention the other high draft picks he used on players few others rated that high and were absolute flops ?
Our recruiting improved ten fold as his input decreased .
Cmon man you’re better than that , there isnt a recruiter in the free world , not one that hasn’t got 1-2 wrong . Correct me if I’m wrong . You’ll prob mention Conca who’s set to play 200 games as being no good
Name me a recruiter in the modern time that has assembled a better list that has won as many flags as fj. Bare in mind the vfl team have barely lost a game in 3y too

I always thought chris knights was gunna be a good pick up for us. Maybe I was before my time and its galluci whis gunna be the star

Cmon man you’re better than that , there isnt a recruiter in the free world , not one that hasn’t got 1-2 wrong . Correct me if I’m wrong . You’ll prob mention Conca who’s set to play 200 games as being no good
Name me a recruiter in the modern time that has assembled a better list that has won as many flags as fj. Bare in mind the vfl team have barely lost a game in 3y too
The initial comment regarding fine eyes hiding behind tree’s was a joke and it is a well known that is what he did often.
Whilst he was in charge of recruiting we were recruiting the likes of Webberly , McMahon Nason , Farmer , Relton Roberts and RARELY got a diamond in the rough with a late pick .
The majority of our list has been assembled since others have been given the reins and done so with significantly later picks than fine eyes had at his disposal.
I acknowledge restricted and unrestricted free agency has also swayed things also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back