Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD, there’s some hard markers around.

19 year old kid gets 14 possessions and is no good?

Had a horrid run of things go against him in the 2nd quarter, but did NOT hide. He gets several more chances from me.

There’s a lot of clueless numbskulls around who just like to keep there post counts up and have nothing worthwhile to say.

Let’s judge him after 50 games and when the side has gelled to the point where those 45 degree kicks pay off.

Why do you always bag a player then at the end say I like him.

We are here to win games, not to be liked.

He thinks it allows him to mouth off and make his s**t calls and he can’t be called out when revealed as wrong because he “likes them.” It’s a tactic this is extremely transparent and doesn’t work unfortunately. Mahony is a gem.

Last edited:
Yes hes young and he works hard but you still need to be able to execute basic kicks under no pressure.

The one in 2nd quarter he butchered, the ball sling shot that quick for a goal the other way it was lightning.

Yes hes young and he works hard but you still need to be able to execute basic kicks under no pressure.

The one in 2nd quarter he butchered, the ball sling shot that quick for a goal the other way it was lightning.
42% DE today but averaged 70% last year.

Had a bad game, mostly in terms of skill execution, but at this stage I'm not worried about that at all especially after an interrupted pre-season (iirc didn't play either pre-season game?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t great and I’m doubtful long term.

But, his disposal is normally not an issue so I’m going to put today down to round 1 plus some incorrect options.

I am surprised his top pace was that high, and also that Noble has repeatedly referred to him as having pace. I’m yet to see it in a game.

It was the one mistake that I thought this guy wouldn't make - yet it was a howler of an error.

He has missed a bit of pre season and wing is never going to be his position - he certainly deserves many more chances but when you are small and slow you simply have to be elite in decision making and execution - today young Jack was anything but that.

I appreciate the work rate, from a kid who's in the thick of it running the longest out there and trying to make things happen at these early junctures those bad disposals can be forgiven.

Its whether or not he can grow into a great footballer from these experiences is the question, and for a bloke his size, that comes down to sheer hard work and it appears he does work hard to get involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back