Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t say it enough but we bloody need some decent assistance. He is being let down badly by the line coaches but also I’m shocked he didn’t pull the trigger on about 3 of his assistance over summer. I’d like to know how our midfield/clearance, forward and midfield/forward connection coach still have jobs!!!

Too much Buddy Buddy boys club

Hate to say it, you could smell it with Pagan, Malthouse and Bolton that a sacking was a coming soon! Can't see him changing the tide here quick enough and that all too familiar smell has returned.
Pagan and malthouse coached for contracts, that's why the young ones did develop. Bolton was the opposite, just not nearly enough wins.
Teague maybe one dimensional, use the emotive angle too much, but light on the tactile nous in-game (waits for quarter breaks)

Ross got saints to grannies with a list similar talent level to ours (collectively) and freo with a tad better list.
Not sure this game style suits him, as he has a defensive tempo DNA, I know for a fact we made a play for him before teague.
Clarko will come if we want and hawks wont stop him. But it'll be a malthouse situation - risky - messiah complex etc

maybe but way too early for that. Tonight was as poor as you’d want to see.Next week would be unforgivable. But nevertheless we just don’t have the killer desire to win games. We win on hope rather than taking no prisoners like the good teams do.Where’s the ticker?

It’s not about that, our players simply do not know where to position themselves around a contest, or when and where to spread.

Our decision making is appalling, but a lot of this is because our positioning is so poor, so we receive the ball under pressure.

We seem to have no idea about football basics. Blame may rest with the line coaches, but the buck stops with Teague.

Hate to say it, you could smell it with Pagan, Malthouse and Bolton that a sacking was a coming soon! Can't see him changing the tide here quick enough and that all too familiar smell has returned.
and that will show we have learned what, jj?

Just watched the presser, he was honest. Showed belief but criticised what we got wrong. A presser is just an acting stage to appease the masses. At the end of the day, he showed some embryos of fixing the issues by rotating more through the midfield, playing quicker skill players through there and moving Cripps into the forward line when he wasn’t impacting.

These things need to be more than embryos though. The action that follows this poor loss will be telling. Does he make changes? Is he prepared to manipulate the lineup to suit the players strengths? In the words of Kennedy SNR “Do!”

1999 - Then the salary cap scandal hit and the club lost it's soul
No, the soul was destroyed by a conga line of megalomaniacs who never came out of the 80's
and suffered from the messiah complex.
We lost betts, tuohy, Henderson, sauce, in their prime, some messiah, more like iscariot

Tactically we are lacking.

Setters on a wing is silly. He's not a great mark or overly skillful. He's a big body, strong tackler and suited to play as a defensive and inside mid, nothing else. He's a good runner but he's in my eyes surplus if we are playing Walsh as an inside mid.

Pies strength is their small and medium forwards. Why did we play a fast, shoot out game when our matchup advantage vs pies is our KPPs?

Our midfield structures lack defensive awareness. Grundy was having his way with us but yet we were playing open and roving to the outmatched Pitto.

IMO a lot of it is structural, some motivational which is on the players too. But we gotta adapt and play to our advantages. Tonight bucks outsmarted us, and fairly easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aahhh, but he has belief in these players. However, he did acknowledge that tackling pressure was down and may have contributed to the loss. How come every time one of our players turned it over, they (opposition) had easy disposal to a leading player in an open fwd line for an easy goal. It's a coaching error, a proper game plan should resolve this problem.

Don Pyke would be a decent option, if current form continues.

Got a middle-of-the-road Adelaide list to a Grand Final playing brilliant two-way football, then got scapegoated when all sorts of s**t hit the fan at the club.

Deserves another shot, and would fit our list to a tee.

Got a middle-of-the-road Adelaide list to a Grand Final, playing brilliant two-way football then got scapegoated when all sorts of sh*t hit the fan at the club.

Nice suggestion. Not a sack the coach fan though, especially after 2 weeks. Wasn’t a fan of Bolton sacking either, despite the coaching change bump. Let the season play out.

Few more losses.. Caro and the media will start circling

she's a woman with a keyboard - how utterly terrifying, how will we ever survive her mighty wrath? fmd........

It’s not about that, our players simply do not know where to position themselves around a contest, or when and where to spread.

Our decision making is appalling, but a lot of this is because our positioning is so poor, so we receive the ball under pressure.

We seem to have no idea about football basics. Blame may rest with the line coaches, but the buck stops with Teague.
100%

We have Barker and Stanton running our midfield, i rest my case.

Teague needs to drop the veterans with loser mentalities and start playing players in their right position, otherwise sack him.

Team for next week:

B: Plowman-----------Weitering------------Marchbank

H: Docherty-----------McGovern------------Saad

C: Williams-------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: SPS---------------McDonald-------------Martin

F: Fisher----------------McKay---------------Fogarty

Foll: Pittonet, Stocker, Walsh

Bench: Dow, Newnes, Kennedy, Cuningham

Sub: Philp

Teague needs to drop the veterans with loser mentalities and start playing players in their right position, otherwise sack him.

Team for next week:

B: Plowman-----------Weitering------------Marchbank

H: Docherty-----------McGovern------------Saad

C: Williams-------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: SPS---------------McDonald-------------Martin

F: Fisher----------------McKay---------------Fogarty

Foll: Pittonet, Stocker, Walsh

Bench: Dow, Newnes, Kennedy, Cuningham

Sub: Philp
I like your divergent thinking but, LOB is a bust, Marchbank is too frail to play off such a long term absence, I put Parks in as a placeholder. Gov in the backline is intriguing. He would need to be mentally switched on for longer and may not be big enough to deal with the monsters. Might work against Freo. Sub needs to come from emergencies.

Our coaching panel needs to be overhauled with some serious senior talent.

Look at the pies coaching panel.. led by bucks a 10 year odd coach, Robert Harvey (in the running for senior roles) , Brenton Sanderson (senior coach).

Who do we have? John barker... who i am convinced is comfortable just rocking up to the same place to dial it in every year.... at worst he needs to go just to bring in some fresh ideas.

Sacking teague without investing in the coaching panel would be a disgrace. And whomever is responsible for this coaching panel needs to go.... looking at the board..

Got a middle-of-the-road Adelaide list to a Grand Final playing brilliant two-way football, then got scapegoated when all sorts of sh*t hit the fan at the club.

Don was good for ua at Adelaide up to a point and he did get us into a GF with a list that did not have a top 10 pick

The knick of Don is that is his lack of development of younger players however he is great at getting the best out of a more mature list

In the end Don wasn't the scapegoat, he became part of the problem with the camp and the way the club handles.it internally with the players and externally with the media

Im not sure how McGovern would feel about Pyke, a key reason for McGovern leaving was Pyle gave the player some home truths about getting fit and the possibility about playing him down-back.... McGovern got the shits and packed his bag

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watched Teague's presser and his papers are officially stamped for me. One comment he made actually made me feel sick "you can't question our effort"....

Either he is a lier or has no clue. Just look at the tackle numbers and YES you can definitely question effort.
Were in trouble if that is what he is saying .
Tackle numbers usually dont lie we had 11 players with 1 or 0 tackles .
Collingwood 2 whether its structural positioning at stoppages or personnel mindset or both we need to see those tackle numbers increase .
The 2 games Collingwood have played this year have been polar opposites .
Bulldogs hunted them harassed didnt allow them to get any cohesion .
We tried to beat them with champagne bruise free football .

Our players just look too comfortable with their lot .
Said it last year this group needs to be sent a message by dropping some bigger named players .
Both Murphy and Ed i would have out of the side .
Our players as a group need to up their defensive pressure and get their hands dirty .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back