Autopsy Round 2, 2021 v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team stat to watch for this year is our goal assists per week. Generally only the very best 1-4 sides in the comp average more than double figures per week over the last few years. We're currently at 16.5 per game. Now that'll almost certainly regress to a lower mean (and I'm sure the new rules are having an effect on it too) but it's an early trend that our side is electric in the forward line with forwards working beautifully together.

Rampe comments I read but not Kennedy. Anyway it should not and won't happen. The ridiculous notion though that any player should never be dropped because of past glories is bullshit. Goodes at times at the end of his tenure warranted it so no Swan should ever be exempt from it when you look at it from that perspective.
Agree about past glories but Kennedy was our highest possession getter and 2 poor weeks doesn't mean Rampe is suddenly out to pasture. It would take something monumental for Horse to drop either captain based on form.

Apologies if this has been covered in other threads, but where is Stephens in terms of his development? As a top 5 pick you'd hope he'd been seeing a bit more game time this year.
He was medical sub today so on the cusp. Just lots of competition at the moment.

Edit: No it was Ling. Ballsed that up.

Agree about past glories but Kennedy was our highest possession getter and 2 poor weeks doesn't mean Rampe is suddenly out to pasture. It would take something monumental for Horse to drop either captain based on form.

As I said I'm not even close to campaigning for it but some people don't see what is in front of them.

It's very easy to point out that some of the senior guys are in poor form, which is true, some usually reliable guys like Rampe and JPK are having relatively slow starts.

But the fact that the young players are coming in and playing to such a high level reflects very positively on the leaders. No 1st or 2nd gamer comes into the team and instantly knows exactly what to do, where to run, how to maintain our structures, throughout the game they'll have leaders directing them and reinforcing the game plan. McVeigh always added more to the backline than his own individual contributions as does Rampe now.

I don't think any changes are necessary outside of Rowbottom back in pending fitness.

When you're kicking 120 points a game and have matches well and truly won by three-quarter time, it's very difficult to make the case that anyone sitting in the stands has more claim to a spot in the 22 than those out on the field making it happen.

Just wanted to say well done..bit too clinical for us today. Lots to like with gulden a player i had not seen but looks an absolute ripper and as much as it sucked from our end it was great to see buddy fit and back..like tex for us. Mcdonald is also going to be a star and it will be great to watch how he and thilthorpe develop for us as 2 of the best key position players from last years draft. I hope to see you guys and the crows playing off in plenty of finals going forward as i think both clubs have some real bright young stars of the future and try to play a real attacking type of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While he wasn’t huge today, I think Reid performed well enough. Presented for plenty of contests and kicked a beautiful set shot
Hate this board when the knockers are out, but finally, someone has a good word about Reid at long last. Heard Brereton compliment him on a marking clearance last week for a Swans goal. Marked both forward and back early last week and he is kicking goals again.
Again today, the quiet achiever, with an obvious shepherd for a swans goal, nothing said, a good mark and goal a litttle later.
Like his time in the ruck, only a small part of what he does, but his ability to play three roles is so valuable over all.
As I have said previously on a few occasions, the knockers drive me crazy and I find it hard to take when "experts" pile on.
Just a few quickly who gave suffered over tine, Jack, Towers, Robinson....now Florent and Reid...and can you believe it Rampe???? All Australian, ran round last year with a broken hand, plays on blokes much much bigger, week after week and never shirks an issue. He even climbs goal posts for the Swans.
Might have a few more weeks away while I cool down. Sickening, from computer post champions...you're kidding me!!!

Just wanted to say well done..bit too clinical for us today. Lots to like with gulden a player i had not seen but looks an absolute ripper and as much as it sucked from our end it was great to see buddy fit and back..like tex for us. Mcdonald is also going to be a star and it will be great to watch how he and thilthorpe develop for us as 2 of the best key position players from last years draft. I hope to see you guys and the crows playing off in plenty of finals going forward as i think both clubs have some real bright young stars of the future and try to play a real attacking type of footy.

Can't be to disappointed kick straighter and the game would of been a lot closer, Tex just dominates us we dont have a matchup for him.

Thought Butts held up very well considering at one point the amount of ball that was coming in McAdam was sensational with 4 goals Keays, Laird and Sloane gave you a lot of first opportunity.

Thinking with Rampe is that he might be carrying an injury. Could be completely wrong and he is just off the boil. Comment was made with the assumption he is not 100% fit.
He looks like he needs a couple of games to bring his endurance up to the level required. He is arguably our best player when fit. Give him some time - no need to worry. If he is still playing poorly in rd 5 then I’ll be starting to fret.

How good is McDonald early on already, working hard up the ground. Confident on the left foot

just ready to rock
Yep. He got smashed taking one mark and still got up. His mum would not have been happy but I was. Nothing seems to fluster him. He just gets on with it.
Beautiful kicking action I reckon we will be watching for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back