Preview Round 4, 2021: St.Kilda v West Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 10th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Eagles

Votes: 82 85.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I don't know anything. But could it be something to do with Jake? like he is/was obv on the nose for a while. Jake comes back in, we go to sh1t with players looking nonplussed.

Again, I dunno - this was just something my stupid brain thought in a drunken, sad stupor on saturday night

oh god please no. The last time this was brought up it kickstarted a five page argument about contraception/conception

Does it have anything to do with Jack Sinclair or a dwarf?
Haha nah,
It was something along the lines of Brad Hill. Said he’s caused fraction among the group. Obviously came here on good money, not performing on the field, and is misbehaving off the field. Causing people to dislike him. That’s all I’ve heard

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Hill wasn't that popular amongst other players when he is on more than twice the money as most of them and puts in half the effort.

Apparently Tom Boyd wasn't that popular with some of the Bulldogs players for similar reasons, ie, on big money and not delivering on field.

That's the danger of bringing in players from other clubs on bigger money than the existing players at the club, it can cause fractions especially if you are losing and that big money player isn't playing well.

Haha nah,
It was something along the lines of Brad Hill. Said he’s caused fraction among the group. Obviously came here on good money, not performing on the field, and is misbehaving off the field. Causing people to dislike him. That’s all I’ve heard
giphy - 2020-10-24T211428.417.gif

A bit of a ramble coming up. Lots of thoughts swirling around as I ponder our position. I feel like we've been in this situation so many times over the years. We will improve....can't get much worse I hear you say. True.

But whether it is this week or in the weeks following we will beat someone we are not expected to beat. We will suddenly show our best
form. Long season, and we will have a burst of form and wins. It seems hopeless at the moment because the last image of our team in our own minds was them being terrible. This happened a few times last year (not as bad I grant you), and we suddenly turned things around. And over the years...umpteen times.

I don't know where our confidence goes. Perhaps it's not having a couple of really elite players. Steele is great, but he's just short of that standard.
We have a lot of mid range performers. King could be. But someone really sparking things in the midfield would be handy. We've critically gone over our recruitment and development a lot. Having a No 1 draft pick bust recently is incredibly hurtful. 10-15 years hurtful. Going to take time for that to work through. As well as some other draft bungles.

In the past few years we've seen Port, Swans, Essendon (I'm about to throw up) have a draft haul that almost immediately brings benefits. I am a massive advocate of growing our own, but the truth is it hadn't worked for us. We went for quick fixes and moneyball stuff. Jury out, but wavering.

So, I'll be watching as usual this week. What I'm hoping not to see is players in the clear all over the field when they have the ball. And no holes and clear players when we have it. That would be a decent start.

I entered this season thinking we were going to be great to watch this year. Really in games with a good style of play. Maybe it can still happen. But we've taken a big blow to our ambitions. Go Saints!

Haha nah,
I would not be surprised if this is true. There is infighting in all lines of work, especially a sporting environment where egos run rampant. BUT, when you cross the white line all that rubbish is put aside. I doubt players are performing poorly because there is some infighting occurring off the field. Rubbish excuse if that is what some players are using to justify their poor form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling they are going to roll the dice with prospect. Don’t ask me why.

out: Gresham, mckernan, lonie, Sinclair
In: bytel, Marshall, Webster, Kent

b: Wilkie Howard battle
Hb: coffield Carlisle Webster
C: hill crouch Ross
Hf: billings membrey Higgins
F: butler king Wood
Foll: Marshall Steele Clark
Int: McKenzie Jones bytel Kent
Sub: dunstan

There was a rumour going around late last season, that big Jake stated that certain players were being gifted games, then he gets dropped by Ratts, because of poor attitude. Was on this forum, I'm pretty sure. This is just conjecture, but possibly, was part of best mate big Paddy going home, because of the tension surrounding this.

I have a feeling they are going to roll the dice with prospect. Don’t ask me why.

I don't get the fascination with Kent, he's shown he's not up to it.

from all reports they seemed pretty happy at training last Friday and a lot of them playing golf together

In fact made comment all week worst training sessions seen for a while last week blokes all standing around talking .
Had bad feeling about it mentioned to a few regulars , players laughing and joking .
Preseason was solid...but there were vibes Marshall, Jones , Steele , Hannebery , not doing the preseason work as
in running sessions gut feeling that they were entering season underdone..

Ryder was by comparison great shape.......

there are actually no words for how I feel right now. What a bizarre story. Sure there’s nothing in it.

There was a rumour going around late last season, that big Jake stated that certain players were being gifted games, then he gets dropped by Ratts, because of poor attitude. Was on this forum, I'm pretty sure. This is just conjecture, but possibly, was part of best mate big Paddy going home, because of the tension surrounding this.

Some players are getting gifted games, it was more obvious during the Cho era. Anyway, whether or not this is true I don't know but it would have had nothing to do with Paddy taking some leave. It was a family thing more than a teammate thing.

Agree with all, bar McKenzie

It's not a simple game though. Not anymore anyway. False dichotomy really, reduced interchanges and alterations to make the game more free flowing mean players are required to be able to competently play more than 1 position. It's farcical to think Hill or Butler will get an entire game on a wing or in a pocket anymore, we simply don't have the rotations to facilitate that.

Hill used to be the one player you'd bank on running out a full game with minimal rotations. He actually looks unfit now. Even in all black training kit he looks like he's noticeably tubbier around his midriff. I just saw him on the news saying he's under pressure. I might stop being pissed off with him now and just hope he gets back his mojo.

It's a much more old fashioned get ball quickly to the key forwards who lead at the ball, mark and goal game this year.

Again, another workplace issue (perceived nepotism) that is a common occurrence. I could almost guarantee you that some players, usually those not picked, would allege nepotism. This does not provide an excuse for any workplace underperforming. The Ryder stuff is just weird. As if he left under those circumstances lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back