Preview Round 4, 2021: St.Kilda v West Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 10th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Eagles

Votes: 82 85.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce moving was good for the Bulldogs and for us.

He gives Naughton a chop out and we have a bloke called King and despite a few hiccups will be a fantastic full forward.

If we develop him. I don't know why you'd strengthen a rival either.

We probably got Crouch with the money saved from Bruce.

Lets see how that looks over the next 3-4 years.

That's fair, right now we are trying him as our full forward so we can see where they both end up in the Coleman at years end.

Crouch the better ruckmen.
Crouch is a better ruckman than Rix imo - and a better forward than Bruce.

But seriously, can we have him in the midfield this week? And starting on the ground not Snags -- plonk Snags in the pocket and let him run onto some goals like we traded him to do.

Anyone who thinks that not having Bruce to split contests against Melbourne (who took alot of intercept marks) and also this weekend against West Coast is kidding themselves. King is getting two bodies blocking him from the contest while the oppos spare back takes an uncontested mark.

He absolutely had limitations but as a big pack forward he was always there to split a contest. Right now none of of forwards are doing that, even Membs (mostly because hes on his bike on the wing trying to help out our backs).
So we should have kept him on a large contract just in case Marshall and Ryder were both unavailable?

So we should have kept him on a large contract just in case Marshall and Ryder were both unavailable?
I’d have him in the team with both of them, I outlines my preferred forward line above.

Also I’m not really bemoaning letting him go, I already said I understand why we didn’t keep him, that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad about what might have been.

I’d have him in the team with both of them, I outlines my preferred forward line above.

Also I’m not really bemoaning letting him go, I already said I understand why we didn’t keep him, that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad about what might have been.
We didnt keep him because he wanted us to match a long term, big money deal from the dogs that he just wasn't worth. Especially when we had King waiting in the wing ready to go.

Also if last years BnF is anything to go by, not exactly the greatest teammate around either.

We didnt keep him because he wanted us to match a long term, big money deal from the dogs that he just wasn't worth. Especially when we had King waiting in the wing ready to go.

Also if last years BnF is anything to go by, not exactly the greatest teammate around either.

Yeh... i acknowledged that...

Hate to interrupt the Bruce discussion but is that Clavarino behind Battle and in front of King in a black jumper?

Are we finally going to see the mysterious Clavarino debut?

How can you tell from that picture?

also wouldn’t read too much into it given Leo Connolly is there. Can’t see him debuting yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't even get a mention on the Saints website. Sounds like he is behind Joyce so I'd be very, very surprised if he got a game
Also this is not the week to debut him. Baptism of fire. Similar to Zac Dawson on Rocca that one time. Yikes.

also wouldn’t read too much into it given Leo Connolly is there. Can’t see him debuting yet.
They're tall with dark hair and you can see Coff, King and Marshall elsewhere in the photo so it cant be them.

Jumper colours at training typically give a good indication of the changes, especially when a fringe player is in the same colour as our best 22 players.

Didn't even get a mention on the Saints website. Sounds like he is behind Joyce so I'd be very, very surprised if he got a game
Would be a strange, out of the box one but I cant work out who else it could be.

Hate to interrupt the Bruce discussion but is that Clavarino behind Battle and in front of King in a black jumper?

Hanners is such a bust, Jones not far behind him. Sydney have done well offloading these two onto us.

Interesting...

Dmac Webster and Long all in yellow.

Whilst it usually is a good indication. There were times last year that a player was in yellow and still selected. (I personally saw Ryder in this situation.)

Would be very interesting to see if Clavarino gets the call up. Was highly rated internally 24 months ago for his versatility (could play tall or small) and his ability to intercept mark.

No clue what has happened since. But back then, the club wanted him to beef up.

They're tall with dark hair and you can see Coff, King and Marshall elsewhere in the photo so it cant be them.

Jumper colours at training typically give a good indication of the changes, especially when a fringe player is in the same colour as our best 22 players.

Would be a strange, out of the box one but I cant work out who else it could be.
It probably is him but very rarely do you see all the yellows selected in the seniors

Interesting...

Dmac Webster and Long all in yellow.

Whilst it usually is a good indication. There were times last year that a player was in yellow and still selected. (I personally saw Ryder in this situation.)

Would be very interesting to see if Clavarino gets the call up. Was highly rated internally 24 months ago for his versatility (could play tall or small) and his ability to intercept mark.

No clue what has happened since. But back then, the club wanted him to beef up.
Mitch Cleary just said on twitter that we did 17 v 17, so some in yellow will be playing and its typically mids rather than kpps. I'm taking Hunter Clark in yellow as a good sign he will spend more time in the midfield this week which is great.

@cleary_mitch - Rowan Marshall hasn’t completed all of this morning’s session at Moorabbin but rucked in a physical 17v17 match sim in the preferred A team. Carlisle/Jones/Hill in the same side. Wood, McKenzie, Long, McKernan, Webster, Lonie, Clark, Bytel, Kent, Highmore in the others

But it would be rare that someone would wear the 'A' side colour and the not be selected.

Gee no Hannas is he ok 👌

Connolly is in yellow. Clav is the only one in black in that photo who is not already in the firsts.

Marshall the other interesting one in black. And I think the guy in the cap in front of Alabakis is McKernan who is also in yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back