Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha good melt.

I was more referring to the fact people claim a young, unproven kid as best 22 who is out injured and then dont include other clubs young injured players in their comparisons. You would get most other supporters looking at our injury list and saying 'dekoning who?'
The post I quoted had nothing about other posters or other players, it was a one-liner. The rest of your rationalisation came later.

And as others have pointed out, TDK is considered best 22 because he has proven form at the level, regardless of how many games he's played.

But instead of being happy that we have a young player who has progressed so well that he's considered to be best 22 by many, after just 9 games. Instead, you preferred to make a comment about "what this says about our ruck stocks". That is, highlight it as a negative rather than the positive that it obviously is.

This is a malaise that has permeated this board ever since the team didn't do the right thing and beat Collingwood like everyone expected they would.

Interesting that you would call my post a "melt" given the overly negative tripe that has become the norm around here.

the next lockdown may see us naming the team the day after the match..............pretty sure..................
PRetty sure most of us here like naming the team a day after matches Stripey.
Especially colourful names.

Dow is timid without the ball and falls off tackles just as easily as Murphy.

He's far stronger with the ball and prepared to take a hit so maybe it's in him, but defensively at the moment, he's a liability.
I think you’re right ODN, at times Dow seems unsure whether to attack the ball or player. When he’s got the ball he knows what to do with it.

Whether it’s lack of confidence or fear of ******* up not sure. Playing in our VFL team would seem to be the place to sort this out. I recall Weiters had a few issues a couple of years ago and went back to the VFL and sorted them out, no reason Dow can’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INS: Mitch McGovern,Tom Williamson,Zac Williams

OUT: Jack Silvagni (Injured),Luke Parks (Injured),Paddy Dow (Omitted),Will Setterfield (Omitted)

EMG: David Cuningham, Will Setterfield, Paddy Dow, Matthew Owies

After being medical sub last weekend, Matthew Kennedy has been elevated to the starting team of 22.

Backs:Sam DochertyLiam JonesSam Petrevski-Seton
Half-backs:Lachie PlowmanJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Matthew CottrellPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyMitch McGovernMarc Murphy
Forwards:Michael GibbonsHarry McKayLevi Casboult
Followers:Marc PittonetEd CurnowZac Williams
Interchange:Jack NewnesEddie BettsMatthew Kennedy
Tom Williamson
Emergencies:David CuninghamPaddy DowMatthew Owies
Will Setterfield

Status
Not open for further replies.