Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Zac Williams and Ed Curnow want to play in the midfield too...

I get the feeling they're not happy with him for staying in Vic last year.
Both have been bad by foot .. since Williams running in midfield his kicking stats have dropped to below average only a few percent in front of cripps - so we have Ed William cripps all below AFL average by foot getting 33% of our disposals and people wonder why can't move the ball

Stocker has that bit of mongrel and competitiveness that will be served well down there if he buys in, also the foot skills to help us as a team...

38 touches in the VFL suggests he may have indeed bought in, I’m willing to give him a run of games there to see...
Let's see if he actually gets a block of games and isn't used as an excuse to play Samo back.

One thing Bolton did well, for all his faults, he'd be beaming if he got to talk about a young guy potentially making his debut.
It was Bolton who got employees to be part of training and drills to improve club culture and he tried hard by getting players around for bbqs to try and lift cohesion in the team. Doesn't look like the bbqs worked but at least he saw a major issue and tried his arse off to improve the club. He was invested 200%. Shame he couldn't get the team up with more wins.

The our way rubbish is what's starting to where thin with me .. I have no idea what Our Way is -- because we have been serving up the same inconsistent effort and style for a long time .. we have constantly bombed forward - hurried the ball to half forward to a turn it over and leave us exposed for the rebound -- blind hack kicks from congestion instead of being prepared to draw players and move the ball to space -- there's more but What is Our Way David please enlighten us supporters
Well that’s easy ... our way is >>>
7A716027-9485-4900-A21A-ACCC05D9BD9F.gif

It was Bolton who got employees to be part of training and drills to improve club culture and he tried hard by getting players around for bbqs to try and lift cohesion in the team. Doesn't look like the bbqs worked but at least he saw a major issue and tried his arse off to improve the club. He was invested 200%. Shame he couldn't get the team up with more wins.
Absolutely could never question his passion, effort and love for the group.

We have to be prepared to cut Teague some slack..
Specially for just a mid week press conference, sellers said his mother in-law is not well..

What would be interesting is if the match committee pick Setterfield over Stocker tomorrow..
This place will go nuclear :grinv1:

They want to play in the midfield? Have they earned the right to stay there? That's my issue.

Really interested if we play SPS in the middle. As much as his little kicks out of defence can be frustrating, I think forward of centre they will be deadly in opening up the opposition defence.

He clearly needed to work on his defensive capabilities and it must’ve been decided that a stint down back was needed to help with that - he’s now very solid one-on-one and can clearly read the play up the ground very well. He’s small (but strong) and a bit slow off the mark, so here’s hoping we can make use of his quick ball-use.

No issue at all playing Stocker in his spot, but hope he still has a license to attack.

Need to sort the wings out - it’s killing us. I know Walsh is just about AA level atm, but he might need to go back to one.

Not opposed to getting LOB in. Cottrell needs to learn to football a bit, I reckon he’s got career tagger written all over him.
Still holding out a lot of hope for LOB, great runner and canon left peg. I really hope he plays at least 10 senior games this season.

Uninspiring trite.

Speaking to a current employee of the club this week, there is a massive disconnect in what supporters are evaluating compared to the messaging within the 4 walls of the club.

Players are convinced that they were absolutely in the game against Port Adelaide the entire time, only wayward kicking for goal cost them. This is obviously the rhetoric from the coaching group, and is not entirely false given the scoring shots, but obviously there was a lot more to it.

Found that perception interesting, and it links well here with feelings of a lack of insight within the club and coaching staff.

I was scared this is the mantra within the four walls of the club. I know what I witnessed Sat night. What a shambles if the players and coaches believe that. Drinking their own bath water. Thanks for the info, Plow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me that Stocker has done enough and deserves the promotion. Yet Teague wants to show him that he cannot get it all his own way. My feeling is that Liam has a bit of an attitude, but not really in a bad way. Maybe he has a bit of arrogance and maybe he has shot his mouth off a couple of times. Of course none of his team mates would have done these things. They are all nice boy's. I reckon Stocker could be exactly what we need, a powerful mid with a little bit of swagger.

Why would Teague publicly state that "Stocker has to pove himself as a defender" - as in publiucly state it- hardly a warm endorsement of teh bloke - weird - and whats with using player's certain player's surnames all the time....

so many questions ...meh

Stop it.

It's a discussion forum and people form opinions based on what the club says and does. If you disagree, say so. Don't have to reach for the snark as a response. The response can only be negative to that, yeah?

It's Ok to have an opinion and mine is that there are too many here making assertions and accusations about our Coach's integrity and reluctance to play those he isn't BFF's with.

Your last few posts are indicative of this and I'm just getting very tired of that narrative.

So how can you possibly know that Teague is only bowing to public opinion and doesn't want to play Stocker.?

So if my response to you was snarky what do you think your unfounded criticisms of our coach are?

Absolutely could never question his passion, effort and love for the group.
I was a huge fan of Bolton. Imagine if he was in charge now, instead of presiding over a group of 18 and 19 y o's. He would be playing all of our 21 and 22 yo players instead of Murphy, Betts and Ed. We will never know but my bet is he would get more wins than the current policy.

Sounds like such a simple game plan the commentators mention kick it long and lock it in.
Does that give the players an excuse to not have a care for the kick the game plan sounds so simplistic to the point of being ludicrous there must be layers I don’t understand my sons under 8s have the same game plan

Where does the forward line coach come into that game plan how can he possibly set up structures leads dummy leads around bang it in and set up a zone
It feels like this should be last option not first option
It feels like the good teams have layers of movement in there forward line that creates free players
I’m hoping with McGoverns mobility we can create more easy chances
Yes considering the first entry has the highest % of goal scoring opportunity seems a wast we bang it in long to the square

We have to be prepared to cut Teague some slack..
Specially for just a mid week press conference, sellers said his mother in-law is not well..

What would be interesting is if the match committee pick Setterfield over Stocker tomorrow..
This place will go nuclear :grinv1:

Pretty sure Setters was praised for his tackle numbers in the presser, concerning if promoted in advance of others, especially Stocker.

I was a huge fan of Bolton. Imagine if he was in charge now, instead of presiding over a group of 18 and 19 y o's. He would be playing all of our 21 and 22 yo players instead of Murphy, Betts and Ed. We will never know but my bet is he would get more wins than the current policy.
I'm not sure. Hard to speculate on. He has some really good head coach qualities. I'm sure he learnt a lot and would be better next time round too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back