Trades Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May - who is passing and why?
Could have a way to grab him, farm Laird out to the MIDs for a bit.
Just wondering if it’s not better to hold off and grab Whitfield off his bye, e.g.
Me. Lairds already in my mids from Sharp the *******. D6-D8 is Chapman, Kosi and Higmore.
So I'll take Frederick and pass on May sadly.

Just wondering if it’s not better to hold off and grab Whitfield off his bye, e.g.

Ideally I'd pass him but I can't afford anyone else that's any good this week. I'd like to keep my last DEF spot for Ridley but he's still a while away from bottoming out aswell. Think I'll still get May and sideways Duggan to Ridley.

Can anyone shed some light on what I should do here?

Currently, like everyone, doing Chapman to May (considering Daniel as well)

My next trade has me stumped. Do I use DPP and throw Laird into the midfield to have a grab at Frederick considering he looks fieldable? Or do I get Daniel because of his value?
Do I go early on RCD?
Or do I use the cash and get a big fish to fix up that forward line?

View attachment 1118331

Wow we almost have the exact same team, we have only 2 differences with our on-field players.

FWIW I'm doing:
Chapman > Frederick
Rowe > Bolton

Think our last DEF spot should be saved for Ridley, so have to skip May.
Think it's much more important to get McCreery off the field for the likes of Bolton/Zorko.
Think Zorko is a safer pick but I need the extra $20k from Bolton to potentially get Ridley next week if needed + recent Cotchin injury gives me more confidence in him, long term is a risk for Bolton when Prestia and Cotchin come back into the side.

Tentative plans for next week is
Gulden > RCD
Consider Ridley.

Wow we almost have the exact same team, we have only 2 differences with our on-field players.

FWIW I'm doing:
Chapman > Frederick
Rowe > Bolton

Think our last DEF spot should be saved for Ridley, so have to skip May.
Think it's much more important to get McCreery off the field for the likes of Bolton/Zorko.
Think Zorko is a safer pick but I need the extra $20k from Bolton to potentially get Ridley next week if needed + recent Cotchin injury gives me more confidence in him, long term is a risk for Bolton when Prestia and Cotchin come back into the side.

Tentative plans for next week is
Gulden > RCD
Consider Ridley.
I'm just gonna do those exact trades so we have practically the same team. Yolo

My def is full of plebs such as Williams and Jiath. I need to save room for Ridley, probably next week, who will be even better value than May/Daniel. Think I need to switch some plebs for Whitfield/Lloyd through the byes.

Getting Ridley will involve Laird to the mids as it is, so I will keep my fingers crossed for one of my def premos to get injured to allow appropriate sideways :S

PS would take Helmet over May

He is genuinely horrible for my structure and byes but he’s that cheap he is hard to pass up. With everyone jumping on at the same time it would be diabolical to miss out if he continues on with these juicy scores.

I already have 6 defenders with Kozi and Highmore on the bench. Yes one of my 6 is Maynard who has fallen off a cliff, but I'm better off holding him until his bye and fixing my forward line (getting a trash rookie off field)

Frederick looks like a must have so I'd rather move Laird to the MIDs to grab Frederick, who could be $250k in 2 weeks

I can live without May, but I can't live without cash gen. I also can't keep living with scores of 20, 30 and 40 on field

Hey mods who do I have blow to get one of those Brown dogs icons near my name :moustache: .
Allocated by Chief for 50,000 posts .....I'm sure he'll get to it, just sit and take a number

d65002a8adf3e9868c542ebdd2655566.gif

Ideally I'd pass him but I can't afford anyone else that's any good this week. I'd like to keep my last DEF spot for Ridley but he's still a while away from bottoming out aswell. Think I'll still get May and sideways Duggan to Ridley.

Tactically I'd rather fill D6 with a bottomed out premo (May) at this point than trade D6 down to Frederick. As much as Chappy > Fred would free up 120k+ as well as new cash gen, I really hate the idea of trading down on-field spots this far into the season. If Frederick was to get injured this week or dropped for the next game then I have to either find another sub 200k rookie to sideways him to or commit to 2 trades that week to upgrade him, which throws a spanner in the works of planned trades on other lines. Bringing in May at this stage obviously takes a rookie score off the field, but he will also make $$ and should be worth $500k+ by the time we get to Melbourne's Rd14 bye. At that point it's an easy strategic sideways trade to Ridley who's already had his bye the week before and is arguably a minor upgrade on May.

Last edited:
I'm passing ....Think people expecting May to repeat his 94 ave from last year .....in games with shortened Qtrs

If the tactic is getting Rookies off the field ASAP, then go .....but I'm focussing on cash generation and upgrading to players with extended 2021 scoring patterns over the byes .....In DEF I only have D6 to fill, and happy to wait till after R13 and get Stewart

7 Rounds and IMHO the best players by zone are not cemented in

Previous years, I've gone too hard too early .....as Andrew Birch can attest, have really come a cropper over the byes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tactically I'd rather fill D6 with a bottomed premo (May) at this point than trade D6 down to Frederick. As much as Chappy > Fred would free up 120k+ as well as new cash gen, I really hate the idea of trading down on-field spots this far into the season. If Frederick was to get injured this week or dropped for the next game then I have to either find another sub 200k rookie to sideways him to or commit to 2 trades that week to upgrade him, which throws a spanner in the works of planned trades on other lines. Bringing in May at this stage obviously takes a rookie score off the field, but he will also make $$ and should be worth $500k+ by the time we get to Melbourne's Rd14 bye. At that point it's an easy strategic sideways trade to Ridley who's already had his bye the week before and is arguably a minor upgrade on May.

If you take out May's score of 7 he is averaging 103 this year would the trade be worth it for possibly another 10 points a game? I don't think Ridley will keep up the average that he started with and could well end up a 105 average in the end.

Tactically I'd rather fill D6 with a bottomed premo (May) at this point than trade D6 down to Frederick. As much as Chappy > Fred would free up 120k+ as well as new cash gen, I really hate the idea of trading down on-field spots this far into the season. If Frederick was to get injured this week or dropped for the next game then I have to either find another sub 200k rookie to sideways him to or commit to 2 trades that week to upgrade him, which throws a spanner in the works of planned trades on other lines. Bringing in May at this stage obviously takes a rookie score off the field, but he will also make $$ and should be worth $500k+ by the time we get to Melbourne's Rd14 bye. At that point it's an easy strategic sideways trade to Ridley who's already had his bye the week before and is arguably a minor upgrade on May.

Yeah I'm trading Chappy>Frederick and using Fantasia's DPP to trade Rowe to May. Will have Duggan and May D5/6 with Frederick as cover.

If you take out May's score of 7 he is averaging 103 this year would the trade be worth it for possibly another 10 points a game? I don't think Ridley will keep up the average that he started with and could well end up a 105 average in the end.
But you can't take our match scores that don't suit your narrative ......does that mean we can take out Gawn's 63, because he was tired from the early morning plane flight

There's a lot of players with concussion / injury affected averages ......maybe what it's telling us is these players maybe more susceptible to injury

Too many IF's about May for me .....in particular the Lever impact

Thinking gulden to either Cunnington or Miller, Miller keeps me safer for byes and seems more consistent but Cunnington banks me and extra 130k. Thoughts?

But you can't take our match scores that don't suit your narrative ......does that mean we can take out Gawn's 63, because he was tired from the early morning plane flight

There's a lot of players with concussion / injury affected averages ......maybe what it's telling us is these players maybe more susceptible to injury

I'd rather a injury affected game of 7 over for example Daniel just being useless all game for 19. Mays injury is hardly one to worry about. It's not like a recurring soft tissue strain or something.

More like all of these injuries make us less likely to look at season average as the be all when trading a player in.

This is my biggest concern. I realistically have 2 premo Defender slots left when Laird goes to mids and don't have Lloyd, Ridley and Whitty. I'm happy missing 1 of them. But bringing in May now and Ridley in a couple means I don't get Lloyd or Whitty.

But I'm starting to think that's ok. Most likely will have a injury and one of those 2 can come in then.

Alternatively everyone is bringing May in so can punt that doesn't work out and avoid the move. It's a tough decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back