Trades Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel has a b/e of 51 & May's b/e is 5 this week. Both have already bottomed out.

Thanks for that advice..i better grab one this week then...leaning towards daniel but its a 50/50 call.

His floor increases when Melbourne are good. Ceiling increases when dees are sh*t. 2 best this year, worst two performances for Melbourne. 90-95 avg IMO. With big ones when dees have a stinker.

He's averaging 87 with a 7 floating through his scoring.
103 average without the 7 .. Think you need to bump the average up a little.
He'll go 100+ from here on out IMO

He's averaging 87 with a 7 floating through his scoring.
103 average without the 7 .. Think you need to bump the average up a little.
He'll go 100+ from here on out IMO

I think may will score well his history of doing hammies at bad times is just what worries me. Which is the only reason i am considering getting helmet over him. But he is very good value.

FWIW saw some Ridley and May comparisons earlier as guys were looking to make upgrades.

May 516/5 games un injured = 103.2 average
Ridley 639/5 games un injured = 127.8 average

24 points difference per game..

Ridley has taken 45 kickouts, May has taken 24 .. 21 x4 points per kickout = 84 points.

Puts May at a 120 average with the extra kick outs.. I say this as his % of kickout sharing is very similar to Ridley's, just Melbourne's opposition has been INCREDIBLY accurate lmao (50 behinds) vs Essendon (78 behinds)

This should even up as the year goes on ... Meaning more free points to May heheh, oh and he's 140k cheaper

Good luck with what you choose kenties :cool:

If Ratten plays him fwd/wing like last week or puts him in a few CBs instead of wasting him in defence he can potentially average 95+ or 100+ for the remainder of the year.
But for some reason he likes to waste our most composed player in traffic in the back line when we desperately need him around the ball. It's baffling.
Which is why I had Hunter Clark in my R1 side .....this was the Clubs PS promise .....but the emphasis this year on midfield speed, pushed the slower Clark out of the midfield

It's a pretty big leap of faith to select Hunter Clark now

FWIW saw some Ridley and May comparisons earlier as guys were looking to make upgrades.

May 516/5 games un injured = 103.2 average
Ridley 639/5 games un injured = 127.8 average

24 points difference per game..

Ridley has taken 45 kickouts, May has taken 24 .. 21 x4 points per kickout = 84 points.

Puts May at a 120 average with the extra kick outs.. I say this as his % of kickout sharing is very similar to Ridley's, just Melbourne's opposition has been INCREDIBLY accurate lmao (50 behinds) vs Essendon (78 behinds)

This should even up as the year goes on ... Meaning more free points to May heheh, oh and he's 140k cheaper

Good luck with what you choose kenties :cool:
Do you happen to have the goals and behinds for oppo's? Think I saw them somewhere earlier

More shots at goal by the opposition = more misses by the law of averages. Ridley should easily outscore May most other things being equal if that's how you're looking at it.

In saying that, not picking May this week (or very soon) might be a huge factor in not keeping pace with the pack. Just make sure Ridley is in your plans if you don't have him (me :$ )

Which is why I had Hunter Clark in my R1 side .....this was the Clubs PS promise .....but the emphasis this year on midfield speed, pushed the slower Clark out of the midfield

It's a pretty big leap of faith to select Hunter Clark now
I don't think the emphasis on Midfield speed has pushed him out. Unfortunately Steele, Jones and Crouch don't really play multiple positions so that combined with flogging the dead horse Dunstan and other weird CB attendees have kept him out. He played wing/ forward on the weekend and looked very effective.
I wouldn't bring him in now but I started him and am not worried one bit. Am actually bullish if he continues in this role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

118, 91, 90, 103, 91, 100, 36, 115, 110, 149, 102, 58, 122, 123, 117 82, 78, 7, 94, 145

May ^^^

4 non-injury affected scores sub 90 in that 20 game span, 11 tons, 8 of those over 110.

Basically an awesome floor bar the 36 and 58 and has a good ceiling for a 400k defender.
This is why I started the year with him at D3. Ownership 0.8%

* you Tommy Hawkins.

Brayshaw (Robertson & Berg on the ground, Powell & Jordon looped M8)
vs
Bolton (Powell & Jordon on the ground, Robertson & Berg looped F6)

???

Farq. That's gonna fry your brain.....

Personally, I'd go the Brayshaw option by a bees dick coz he's a bit more reliable with scoring and won't be affected by players returning from injury like Bolton might be. I've already got Brayshaw and don't have Bolton yet fwiw

I don't think the emphasis on Midfield speed has pushed him out. Unfortunately Steele, Jones and Crouch don't really play multiple positions so that combined with flogging the dead horse Dunstan and other weird CB attendees have kept him out. He played wing/ forward on the weekend and looked very effective.
I wouldn't bring him in now but I started him and am not worried one bit. Am actually bullish if he continues in this role.

I started with him too, he's had a few poor scores but has also scored 4 tons which isn't a bad return for his price and I'm happy to stick with him.

Some Mid/Def DPP would be handy right now. May looks like an absolute must have to me at the prices, particularly as I'm running low on cash...

Couple of options
1 - miss out on Frederick, and go early on RCD (or Poulter/Byrnes)
Chapman>May
Berry>RCD

2 - don't go early on a rookie, but miss out on future Kosi price rises
Chapman>May
Kosi>Frederick

3 - wait a week on May, trade Kosi following week
Chapman>Frederick
Gulden>Bolton

Any other ideas out there?

1620130725532.png

Some Mid/Def DPP would be handy right now. May looks like an absolute must have to me at the prices, particularly as I'm running low on cash...

Couple of options
1 - miss out on Frederick, and go early on RCD (or Poulter/Byrnes)
Chapman>May
Berry>RCD

2 - don't go early on a rookie, but miss out on future Kosi price rises
Chapman>May
Kosi>Frederick

3 - wait a week on May, trade Kosi following week
Chapman>Frederick
Gulden>Bolton

Any other ideas out there?

View attachment 1118805

Option 1 for me. Only because i’m not massive in Fred’s JS. If you really want Fred then go 2. Either way i think May has to come in this week. FWIW May and Kosi are projected to go up about the same this week so you won’t necessarily gain any cash by waiting a week on May you’d just be losing any extra points he gets over Kosi.

This is why I started the year with him at D3. Ownership 0.8%

fu** you Tommy Hawkins.

You and me both brother, was gonna be an amazing POD. I traded him out however as I thought it was 4 weeks, next minute he misses the mandatory 1.

* you Tommy Hawkins.
* you Melbourne Injury Report.

But THE ROUGHIE MANOEUVRE IS IN FULL MOTION

I started with him too, he's had a few poor scores but has also scored 4 tons which isn't a bad return for his price and I'm happy to stick with him.
He's doing fine scoring wise and can improve IMO..later in the year if needed he can be a luxury trade if we have any left. But won't be a disaster if not.

Was planning on going Markov to May last week but held off with their respective BEs. Cost me 71 points and the weekly...:drunk:

With May getting his BE I’m still short of that straight out trade!
With a MPM team I’m stuck on which way to go now.
Get the last 2 rooks off field before then trading the mid pricers?

EA68D49C-12AF-4FCD-BC49-BD13543A9383.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back