Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First 2 SANFL games were pretty good, but like most he sucked on the weekend.

Thing is, if he really is homesick and it does appear that way, once he gets back there his form will immediately improve.

He was a gun junior, can play both ends of the ground. Clubs will be falling over themselves to get him.

except when it comes to his trade value

he hasn't shown much at AFL level, so there's still a risk that he might not make it at the level

She is being touted as Port's inaugural AFLW coach
We should have offered her a role with both the womens and mens teams.
I'd have her as senior assistant for the women and one of our SANFL development coaches - with an eye to an AFL assistant role.

except when it comes to his trade value

he hasn't shown much at AFL level, so there's still a risk that he might not make it at the level
Certainly a chance, but clubs would be willing to take it.

Let me be the first to apologise here. Thought there was something to this. But won't be believing what I'm told from this person again, nor posting it. Oh well. Worth a try. I'll stick to bad analysis and divisive comments.
Henley Beach cafe rumour. Josh Worrell been told he'll debut this week. Dunno how concrete the third party evidence is but posting for Sh#ts and gigs.

On RMX2086 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let me be the first to apologise here. Thought there was something to this. But won't be believing what I'm told from this person again, nor posting it. Oh well. Worth a try. I'll stick to bad analysis and divisive comments.

Better than some folk with "I have something juicy, but won't say what".

This is a rumour thread, not for real news.

Re my previous cryptic rumour. It's still unconfirmed, and I'm not sure I'll be able to confirm it (at least for some time) but as many of you have guessed, it relates to Fog. Treat with a grain of salt (many of you will anyway) but don't be astonished if he's shopped at years end. Apparently he was last year.
He recently joined the board of the crows foundation charity? Which seems weird for someone they want to kick out of the club??

He recently joined the board of the crows foundation charity? Which seems weird for someone they want to kick out of the club??
Fresh coaching group and a clear direction for him probably changed his views.

And those of the new coaching group.

Re my previous cryptic rumour. It's still unconfirmed, and I'm not sure I'll be able to confirm it (at least for some time) but as many of you have guessed, it relates to Fog. Treat with a grain of salt (many of you will anyway) but don't be astonished if he's shopped at years end. Apparently he was last year.
Glory be, we dont even have a forward line to be able to afford to off load a player like Fog for a likely rubbish draft pick.

Tex is at the end of his career, TT is still very new and will take time and then thats it, thats how barren we are up forward. Rest of the players up forward are just stop gap measures and not a part of building towards playing finals consistently.

Glory be, we dont even have a forward line to be able to afford to off load a player like Fog for a likely rubbish draft pick.

Tex is at the end of his career, TT is still very new and will take time and then thats it, thats how barren we are up forward. Rest of the players up forward are just stop gap measures and not a part of building towards playing finals consistently.
Agree. Fog looks great when played as a forward. Need to stop this rubbish that he's a midfielder.
Drop Hberg - Tex or TT can ruck in the fwd line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Fog looks great when played as a forward. Need to stop this rubbish that he's a midfielder.
Drop Hberg - Tex or TT can ruck in the fwd line
Correct.

This is just garbage using him only as a mid, we already of two pieces of the forward line in which to build a Finals team in TT and Fog. Even if Fog doesnt become a big key forward, he will definitely be a decent 3rd forward to which the Crows can build around. I can only presume he is being experimented as a mid while Mrouch is out.

I would be shopping Berg around, definitely not Fog. All we will get for Fog is a pick in the 30s and that may be generous too.

Point 2 I agree with but "Fog looks great when played as a forward" however surely you're not serious, the only part of his forward craft that is great currently or even in the past other than small cameos is his elite goal kicking.

Point 2 I agree with but "Fog looks great when played as a forward" however surely you're not serious, the only part of his forward craft that is great currently or even in the past other than small cameos is his elite goal kicking.
In modern day AFL footy elite goal kicking is a massive weapon, esp given he kicks it at better than 80%.

Thats plenty enough for a team like us currently.

In modern day AFL footy elite goal kicking is a massive weapon, esp given he kicks it at better than 80%.

Thats plenty enough for a team like us currently.

No, in modern day AFL footy elite goal kicking is only a massive weapon if you're able to get a decent amount of set shots per game, which Fog doesn't. To compound matters for him he has absolutely nothing else going for him in terms of weapons. No contested mark, no pressure, no engine...

No, in modern day AFL footy elite goal kicking is only a massive weapon if you're able to get a decent amount of set shots per game, which Fog doesn't. To compound matters for him he has absolutely nothing else going for him in terms of weapons. No contested mark, no pressure, no engine...
Thats because we are playing him in the wrong position, of course as a mid he wont get decent amount of shots at goal.

Thats because we are playing him in the wrong position, of course as a mid he wont get decent amount of shots at goal.

Grotto the level of delusion here is a bit concerning. He's been played up forward in both the seniors and the reserves, and has repeatedly shown he can't get it done. He is not built for the modern game ANYWHERE on the park.

Grotto the level of delusion here is a bit concerning. He's been played up forward in both the seniors and the reserves, and has repeatedly shown he can't get it done. He is not built for the modern game ANYWHERE on the park.
No. I could say similarly WeedsMullet84 the level of delusion is concerning too. He is being played as a mid and we are not focusing on his strengths which is as a forward.

Plays this week at the same ground he kicked 5.0 v the Eagles with a full strength defensive unit. Hopefully the AFC plays him ONLY up forward.

No. I could say similarly WeedsMullet84 the level of delusion is concerning too. He is being played as a mid and we are not focusing on his strengths which is as a forward.

Plays this week at the same ground he kicked 5.0 v the Eagles with a full strength defensive unit. Hopefully the AFC plays him ONLY up forward.
When did fog last play full forward in any game as one of only two key forwards? In a side that didn't lose by 60 points and scored at least 50.
Reckon you'd be going a long way back.

When did fog last play full forward in any game as one of only two key forwards? In a side that didn't lose by 60 points and scored at least 50.
Reckon you'd be going a long way back.
You could blame him if he was getting the ball directed to him and him not competing or spilling marks.
As a forward you are fairly reliant on the players upfield.
Give him a decent stint up forward without 28 other talls and then let's judge him.

Last edited:

Who’s the source then.. or atleast, what is their connection to the club that would allow them this info?..

Because it makes no sense.. if the club, as your source explained it, wanted to get rid of Fog, actively shopped him around, and would accepted a packet of chips (so nothing basically) last year then why didnt they get rid of him last year?..

There wouldve been atleast a dozen teans in the comp willing to take Fog off their hands at almost no cost to them at the draft table.. and give him a run.. clarkson and the hawks would. North would just to name two.

Think there would be interest from
Freo
West coast
Port
Suns
Tigers

In fact every team with lack of forward stocks or an aging forward line would be stupid not to take him on.. especially if it was gonna cost em peanuts..

if the relationship was that toxic then surely Fog would have been willing to go elsewhere..

And furthermore, if the relationship is so bad why have they been trying to develop him in other positions and still playing him in the AFL 22?.. they arent doing it to increase his value because, as the rumour goes, they dont care what they get for him.. they could quite easily just leave him to rot in the sanfl all year and simply delist him come years end..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back