Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I’d take a deep dive into my thoughts on the club, jump down a rabbit hole or two and just codify where we’re at in my mind. A cathartic process. Not intended to step on anyone else’s viewpoint, nor to purely be a pro ENIC rant, so I hope it doesn’t come across that way. I certainly hope someone will read it but if not oh well.

Where do we fit in the world of football? Is it changed from the past? And is it for the better or for the worse?

On a very basic level in 2021 it is for the worse imo purely because we have associated ourselves with 11 other mutineers, and as such have lost a lot of respect from the football community in general. We are on the proverbial naughty step atm. This is something that under the guidance of Bill Nicholson, Keith Burkinshaw or under the ownership of Sugar or Scholar. Where would we be now if Alex Ferguson didn’t renege on a deal to become our manager?

ESL aside how do you quantify how we have changed as the decades have rolled on? So much has changed not just at THFC but in the football landscape. For most of the last 50 years we have been a side that competed hard, rarely threatened the league title, lacking the quality or consistency to do so, but always gave a good account of ourselves, and that translated to numerous cup triumphs.

A bit like my AFL side in that the 80s and 90s were mired with significant overdrafts and stadium costs causing debts to spiral. So for stabilising the club I think Lord Sugar and Daniel Levy deserve credit.

But the cosmic shift in football also happened around this time too. Satellite/Cable TV and the breakaway of the first division from the EFL to become the EPL both gained prominence in the early 90s. No one was to know it then but that was the slow start to the arms race we have now. Now it is purely a game for the rich, those with the most money win the trophies, for all the talk about the class of 92, the explosion in English football coupled with Ferguson at the helm propelled United into the powerhouse they are now.

So where do we go? What do we do? This has nothing to do with ENIC as those who have been here a while know I despise how Chelsea are run, I hate bought success in this sport, so I therefore strongly oppose the notion that ownership needs to heavily invest in our team, be it in years gone or now or in the future. We should essentially operate as a not for profit club. Every last cent the club organically generates should be used by the club, for the club.

From canteen staff, to training equipment, the academy, the first team and women’s team. None go to the owners and none come from the owners. To that end I think we have a strong record to show money isn’t being siphoned out of the club like the Glazers are.

Is it any wonder that PSG, City and Chelsea spend with gay abandon? None of their owners earned their wealth. Two inherited it off oil found in the ground in the country they own, and one corruptly gained wealth by suckling at the teat of two Russian presidents, no doubt committing crimes to do so along the way. They never learned the value of a dollar.

So I don’t blame billionaires for not spending their money investing in their football team, they did that already by buying it. Often at a massive cost, and from their pov this financial arms race likely sees millions of euros per season of owner topped up funds as not being a wise investment as players are overpriced, overpaid and once purchased their value depreciates over time. It’s just not good business.

Where we sit in the scheme of this spending bubble is that like all the really big clubs we have the capacity to spend big on transfers, and we have the capacity to pay 200 grand a week. We just don’t possess the funds to do it as often or to as many players in the squad, and that’s what separates us from them. Why we fall short and they all win. Without the intervention of non-football freak of nature - a global pandemic - the bubble would be much bigger than it is now, that has slowed the arms race, but once covid is being viewed from the rear view mirror I suspect it will ramp back up again.

In my view we’ve had a plan to combat this. Infrastructure and capital works investment. The hope being that the new stadium generates the revenues required to close the financial gap to those clubs, and extend it from the clubs on the rung below us. A solid plan if we can maximise the non-football revenue that it can rake in, a prospect for after covid though.

As for the now, and the recent past, what have we done? What path are we on?

Recently re-watched the mini matches of the Juventus tie in the UCL and the players we had and the tactics of the manager were in perfect synergy. A common trait in those 2-3 years. I still believe we had to act and move him on, and that covid hasn’t helped their gamble on Mourinho. But here we are mow unlikely to get someone better than either of them. That said I don’t mind the slowness of progress on the search for a new manager. We had Jose lined up and it didn’t work out.

I think we need a manager who can adapt and coach with the group we have in mind. If the last 12 months of Pochettino and the 17 months of Mourinho have taught us something it should be that we now have two different approaches that aren’t working with this group.

Pochettino’s possession based pressing game became stale and fell apart in the end, and Mourinho’s more passive counter-attack philosophy couldn’t be executed by this group. So it now looks to me like we don’t have the strength or quality in midfield for possession football nor do we possess the defensive capabilities to sit back and invite pressure.

Make no mistake for the next 12-36 months we are going to have to scout and spend well, we do not, make no mistake about this, we do not have the cash to properly replace all the players with guys to the requisite standard. So we need to recognise as a club that the training facility is a massive asset.

Since building it both academy sides and women’s team have undergone massive improvement. Can’t be a coincidence surely. If your training facilities are world class you possess far better resources to raise the standard.

So what we need is a tactically flexible manager who is willing to adapt to the squad we have, and willing to trust the academy, they are doing well, so find ways to use them. Not sure many of the leading candidates fit both categories.

Becoming clearer to me that the first priority is midfield, Ndombele possesses some of Mousa Dembele’s traits but doesn’t put in good performances anywhere near often enough. Lo Celso is seriously misfiring and Hojbjerg is very over-worked. If we can possess and asvance the football in midfield, preferably with a higher degree of tactical direction than mourinho then the burden and pressure on the defence lessens.

Outs this summer for me are Sissoko, Winks, Foyth (regrettably), Davie Lamela and Dier.

Tossing up over Bale as his defensive accountability is very low and puts a lot of pressure on Serge Aurier, which imo is largely why Jose didn’t use Bale so much and played Sissoko a lot. One covered for the fullback trying to get forward, and one doesn’t... but he can still score so if we can sort out midfield then maybe defensive capability is less important for Gareth.

Winks and Sissoko I have seen enough from. Both need a new challenge and club. Same with Dier, he needs to move on. Would keep Sanchez as he has pace and with some good coaching could still come good. Happy enough at GK.

Can we replace them all to a good standard through the market? Nope. So we will need to trust the players we already have. Cirkin and Sessegnon for Davies and Lamela. Trust them. Give them a chance. Scarlett/Parrott and Devine. Get them among the first team. Trust Skipp to take the next leap.

Then use what money we do have on a CB, another CM, and some form of No.10/SS type player.

Overall I think we will stagnate for a couple of seasons, and for their participation in the ESL our owners need to go. The fee charged to fans to attend the home game next weekend highlights how out of tune with the fans they are. That said the supporters trust aren’t covering themselves in glory either. Refusing to meet with the club, unless unrealistic demands are met, one being that the board are sacked and to meet directly with the owners, bow they have no platform to discuss £60 tickets next weekend.

The board likely had no say in the decision, and our bahamas based owner won’t be bothered to steer his yacht down the Thames to meet a few fans so it’d just be them and Levy, and they’d achieve nothing as the board would be replaced with people hand picked by the same owners, so titanic deck chair shuffling exercise. They have overplayed their importance as a trust, and over-estimated their power. 20000 members strong yet the vote to impose these requests on the club got less than 1000 to sign in agreement. Says it all.

Outs this summer for me are Sissoko, Winks, Foyth (regrettably), Davie Lamela and Dier.

Can we replace them all to a good standard through the market? Nope. So we will need to trust the players we already have. Cirkin and Sessegnon for Davies and Lamela. Trust them. Give them a chance. Scarlett/Parrott and Devine. Get them among the first team. Trust Skipp to take the next leap.

Then use what money we do have on a CB, another CM, and some form of No.10/SS type player.
largely right that short of a miracle manager appointment, probably time to accept we're starting a new project & top 4 will be tough

I like the injection of Skipp, Sess, Cirkin, Scarlett, Parrott & Devine in for those outs.
Im keen on Gravenberch for the CM role. Hear lots of good things and reckon he's due a decent break out season (at which point his price goes through the roof)
Sabitzer would be nice too. Esp given he seems keen to leave Dortmund, come to the PL and seems to want Spurs.....when we had a manager
Haven't seen a Gladbach game in a while, but did like Zakaria a couple of years ago...perhaps a little similar to the role PEH plays.

Shame we missed Bruno. Has made a world of difference to Utd. Can't think of any i've seen out there we could get.
Dele would be ideal if he found some consistency and that early form.

Would love to move Doherty on for Aarons (part of a swap perhaps).

Linked to 6th placed Inzaghi from Lazio. Unless he is coming with a few of his key stars like Luiz Felipe, Alberto and SMS it's a no thanks from me

Overall I think we will stagnate for a couple of seasons, and for their participation in the ESL our owners need to go. The fee charged to fans to attend the home game next weekend highlights how out of tune with the fans they are. That said the supporters trust aren’t covering themselves in glory either. Refusing to meet with the club, unless unrealistic demands are met, one being that the board are sacked and to meet directly with the owners, bow they have no platform to discuss £60 tickets next weekend.

The board likely had no say in the decision, and our bahamas based owner won’t be bothered to steer his yacht down the Thames to meet a few fans so it’d just be them and Levy, and they’d achieve nothing as the board would be replaced with people hand picked by the same owners, so titanic deck chair shuffling exercise. They have overplayed their importance as a trust, and over-estimated their power. 20000 members strong yet the vote to impose these requests on the club got less than 1000 to sign in agreement. Says it all.
The THST have had enough and have gone over the top with their request. But in reality they know they mean absolutely nothing to ENIC and have little chance of being able to do anything meaningful at all. They are a collective of customers who in any form of other retail will shop with their feet. But unfortunately we all follow the badge on the overpriced Nike shirts too much to do so and there will no doubt be enough suckers to buy the 10k tickets on sale at 60 quid coming up against Villa. And most will hate doing so, will complain about ENIC and everything that comes with it. But they'll still be there being taken for a ride. Scary what sport and our clubs do to normally sane people

Cheers. Timely reminder to dig out Trevor again.

Nothing but a whinging b*tch 24/7 that bloke.

Anyway, quick raid of the fridge and Barca v Atletico time

He's not wrong on this occasion though, is he?

What does Levy have to do to show you that he is nothing more than a money grabbing whore with no real concern for the fans or the club?

60 quid to see us play Villa? He taking the absolute now.

Anyone notice the way Kane stormed off the pitch. We have broken him

He wants out. It's obvious now. And I think if Levy gets close to 100m he will sell. He won't get 120m+ in this market but if Kane wants out then he'll be sold.

And I am hoping that Real utilise the buyback on Reguillon. He's pretty poor defensively. I'd rather give Sessegnon the spot for next season and am happy with Davies as backup.

Rumour has it that Mourinho wants Dier at Roma. Do you think I can get a travel exemption to chauffeur the guy from London to Rome personally? I'd be happy to do it.

He's not wrong on this occasion though, is he?

What does Levy have to do to show you that he is nothing more than a money grabbing whore with no real concern for the fans or the club?

60 quid to see us play Villa? He taking the absolute now.
Keep reading. Thoughts on the villa game and ownership covered.
Just have not time for people who purport to follow a club but never give it any praise and moan constantly. That's Trevor.

He wants out. It's obvious now. And I think if Levy gets close to 100m he will sell. He won't get 120m+ in this market but if Kane wants out then he'll be sold.

And I am hoping that Real utilise the buyback on Reguillon. He's pretty poor defensively. I'd rather give Sessegnon the spot for next season and am happy with Davies as backup.

Rumour has it that Mourinho wants Dier at Roma. Do you think I can get a travel exemption to chauffeur the guy from London to Rome personally? I'd be happy to do it.
ill pay your tolls and petrol :)

Dier & Lamela to Roma i can see happening
Reg would be nice. Mainly for the cash and we have some viable candidates to fill spots.

I don't think we'll sell Kane.
Ideal to replace Aguero (maybe City pay 120+ given they can afford). Glazer's may dip in to buy some good will)

Only viable option i see is PSG from a money perspective.

Reguillon has shown he can play but he is suffering the most from the last 2 months of s**t. He is a very attacking full back who got asked to sit back more under Mourinho because Doherty and Aurier couldn't be trusted to do it. Now he is in no-mans land like most our side.

Reguilon has just been s**t since the injury. Pre-season and go again next season.

Linked to 6th placed Inzaghi from Lazio. Unless he is coming with a few of his key stars like Luiz Felipe, Alberto and SMS it's a no thanks from me
Got Lazio challenging and competing for top 4 with next to nothing in net spend due to money constraints.
Sounds like a profile of someone we need in our current environment.

Got Lazio challenging and competing for top 4 with next to nothing in net spend due to money constraints.
Sounds like a profile of someone we need in our current environment.
Maybe in 2012.

Unless we are undoing all the good work of being a consistent top 4 side and are settling for just competing for top 4 again Inzaghi isn't the calibre we should be going for. Conceded 10 more goals than any of the other top 6 side over there. He would fit in well to some extent, but is also the lowest scoring side in the top 6 too.

Spurs squad needs a mini clean out. Not sure if that is even realistic to happen given Levy doesn't like to spend money on the transfer market. And he is not proactive in making signings early, always seems to wait to last week of the transfer window.

In:
Backup GK
Starting right back
Two new starting centre back
Centre midfielder
Backup left wing
Starting right wing (If Bale doesn't return)
Backup striker
Sessengon (return from loan)
Skipp (return from loan)
Foyth (return from loan)

Out:
Hart
Aurier
Doherty
Dier
Sanchez
Sissoko
Winks
Bergwijn
Lamela
Vinicius

Next season's Squad
GK: Lloris (New Backup GK)
RB: New RB (Tanganga, Foyth)
CB: Two New CB (Alderweireld, Rodan)
LB: Reguilon (Sessegnon, Davies)
CM: Hojbjerg, Ndombele (New CM, Skipp)
RW: Bale/New RW (Lucas)
AM: Lo Celso, (Dele)
LW: Son (New LW)
ST: Kane (Backup Striker)

My thoughts on changes:
Goalkeeper:
New backup is needed. Johnstone from West Brom would be perfect.
Defense:
Needs a complete rebuild starting with two new starting quality centre backs. Andersen from Lyon via Fulham is a no brainer. I'll sell Sanchez to help funding signings. I think he has been a poor buy, just a dumb footballer and would rather cut our losses now. I keep Foyth and Davies in the squad to provide backup at both full backs and at centre back, should the new manager want to consider going to 3 at the back. A new quality right back is need with Doherty so bad and Aurier just a liability at times. Tanganga done enough to be a solid backup option.
Midfield:
Winks is the first to go. Such a nothing player. Skipp the logical replacement. Sissoko's been a very good squad player over the years but it is time for an upgrade. Sabitzer would be a great signing. I'm not completely sold on Lo Celso or Dele as team's creative attacking midfielder in this team but would consider giving them another go with a new manager. A signing like Matheus Pereira from West Brom could be good to give Lo Celso and Dele some competition and we can make an open spot for him in the squad by selling Lamela and Bergwjin. Lamela is either injured and when fit doesn't score or create much. Spurs have carried him in the squad far too long. As for Bergwjin, he just isn't good enough for a top 6 team.
Forwards:
A lot will obviously depend if Kane stays or goes. If he goes, Spurs are completely ****ed. They can't replace him. It will be a disaster like when Bale left the first time. If Spurs have an option to bring back Bale on loan for a second season, I would take that deal again and trust the new manager plays him more.
If Kane stays, then we are probably going to need another backup striker again as I don't see Vinicius staying on. He's done a good job in the limited minutes he has got but isn't quite a good fit. We missed the boat last season not signing Callum Wilson to do this role. The backup should be someone with premiership experience that knows the league. Dare I suggest we look at Tammy Abraham or Olivier Giroud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs squad needs a mini clean out. Not sure if that is even realistic to happen given Levy doesn't like to spend money on the transfer market. And he is not proactive in making signings early, always seems to wait to last week of the transfer window.

In:
Backup GK
Starting right back
Two new starting centre back
Centre midfielder
Backup left wing
Starting right wing (If Bale doesn't return)
Backup striker
Sessengon (return from loan)
Skipp (return from loan)
Foyth (return from loan)

Out:
Hart
Aurier
Doherty
Dier
Sanchez
Sissoko
Winks
Bergwijn
Lamela
Vinicius

Next season's Squad
GK: Lloris (New Backup GK)
RB: New RB (Tanganga, Foyth)
CB: Two New CB (Alderweireld, Rodan)
LB: Reguilon (Sessegnon, Davies)
CM: Hojbjerg, Ndombele (New CM, Skipp)
RW: Bale/New RW (Lucas)
AM: Lo Celso, (Dele)
LW: Son (New LW)
ST: Kane (Backup Striker)

My thoughts on changes:
Goalkeeper:
New backup is needed. Johnstone from West Brom would be perfect.
Defense:
Needs a complete rebuild starting with two new starting quality centre backs. Andersen from Lyon via Fulham is a no brainer. I'll sell Sanchez to help funding signings. I think he has been a poor buy, just a dumb footballer and would rather cut our losses now. I keep Foyth and Davies in the squad to provide backup at both full backs and at centre back, should the new manager want to consider going to 3 at the back. A new quality right back is need with Doherty so bad and Aurier just a liability at times. Tanganga done enough to be a solid backup option.
Midfield:
Winks is the first to go. Such a nothing player. Skipp the logical replacement. Sissoko's been a very good squad player over the years but it is time for an upgrade. Sabitzer would be a great signing. I'm not completely sold on Lo Celso or Dele as team's creative attacking midfielder in this team but would consider giving them another go with a new manager. A signing like Matheus Pereira from West Brom could be good to give Lo Celso and Dele some competition and we can make an open spot for him in the squad by selling Lamela and Bergwjin. Lamela is either injured and when fit doesn't score or create much. Spurs have carried him in the squad far too long. As for Bergwjin, he just isn't good enough for a top 6 team.
Forwards:
A lot will obviously depend if Kane stays or goes. If he goes, Spurs are completely f’ed. They can't replace him. It will be a disaster like when Bale left the first time. If Spurs have an option to bring back Bale on loan for a second season, I would take that deal again and trust the new manager plays him more.
If Kane stays, then we are probably going to need another backup striker again as I don't see Vinicius staying on. He's done a good job in the limited minutes he has got but isn't quite a good fit. We missed the boat last season not signing Callum Wilson to do this role. The backup should be someone with premiership experience that knows the league. Dare I suggest we look at Tammy Abraham or Olivier Giroud.
Like it but Foyth is out of our hands

I'd go full re-build in the old Arnesan/Jol and Mitchell/Poch style of trying to sign a young core from within the English top 3 tiers. Sign young and hungry workers and turn them into England internationals. Sure some won't kick on. But for every Wayne Routledge there is an Aaron Lennon. And for every John Bostock there is a Dele Alli.

ill pay your tolls and petrol :)

Dier & Lamela to Roma i can see happening
Reg would be nice. Mainly for the cash and we have some viable candidates to fill spots.

I don't think we'll sell Kane.
Ideal to replace Aguero (maybe City pay 120+ given they can afford). Glazer's may dip in to buy some good will)

Only viable option i see is PSG from a money perspective.

What does Levy do if Kane puts in a transfer request?

It's a distinct possibility. I don't think Kane would ever 'down tools" but he may very well express publicly a desire to go somewhere with more ambition. What does Levy do then?

It's a distinct possibility. I don't think Kane would ever 'down tools" but he may very well express publicly a desire to go somewhere with more ambition. What does Levy do then?
Get Gold to fire off a few puff pieces about links to signing 5 new players. Then nut out a deadline day deal with United to sell Kane for 100m leaving our new boss stranded

Get Gold to fire off a few puff pieces about links to signing 5 new players. Then nut out a deadline day deal with United to sell Kane for 100m leaving our new boss stranded

Love it.

Gold gets right on my jimmies. He's a deadset ENIC stooge that guy.

There is a reason he is front and centre, being allowed to ask the first question at every Spurs presser.

Love it.

Gold gets right on my jimmies. He's a deadset ENIC stooge that guy.

There is a reason he is front and centre, taking the first question at every Spurs presser.
football.london has a great format but he is too soft on the club because he is fed the inside scoop on nothing stories

plenty have asked and not been granted a request.
I don't think it's the worst thing to happen.
Im not 100% that we can't sell him. but i'd prefer not to.

Sells for me:
Winks - gives us nothing
Sissoko - see Winks
Lamela - too many wingers.
Dier - Dier
Doherty - get Aarons.
Foyth - Villareal will surely trigger buy option

Maybe sells
GLC - still a fan. Just not sure where he fits.
Lucas - Still a goal threat, but we have so many wingers
Bergy - If he gets to play left side as Son backup (Son as Kane backup?), keep. Sell otherwise. Right side is wrong for him
Reg - only if Madrid trigger the buy back clause. cos we have 3 other LB options and cash is cash.
Gaz - he's good enough to be a #1 somewhere. Hart is good backup. Find a kid to invest in for the future

Buys:
GK: Kid
RB: Aarons
CB: ??? Skriniar seems a long shot now. J.Anderson, Ben White....running out of names. Boateng is free. Always that
CM: Gravenberch
Attacker: ?? Zaniolo still on our radar? Lamela/Dier swapsies?

Funny you should mention Al.

Very clear about it being for the distant future.

Insert chief arsehat:

Wish I could slap the little campaigner very very hard.

Funny you should mention Al.

Very clear about it being for the distant future.

Insert chief arsehat:

Wish I could slap the little campaigner very very hard.

Well there always has been money not for the squad. Our owner owns a yacht that is worth more than both Burnley and Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back