Review Dogs 96 def Power 77 - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Super win boys. Cody Weightman belongs. Naughton, Bruce, the whole backline, Caleb Daniel, Libba, Everyone great win. Only negative I’ll say is Hannan, should be replaced by English next week. Go Dogs

So happy to see Zaine have a game which all supporters could not fault. (just finished a Wills Domain 2014 Cab Sav)
In GF 2016 I`ll never forget the tackle and goal from the hf/f boundary
Go Dogs WOOOOO FFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOO
Regards
Stephen

So true Norm. Jong, Cordy and Smith are the glue in the club that everybody inside the inner sanctum knows can be absolutely relied upon to do everything humanly possible to help the team. Those guys are gold and always much loved in the club and by their team-mates.

I totally get what you and other guys are saying and individually i agree. I just wonder what difference there may be between playing R.Smith, Scott and Hannan who will do the little things nicely, won't make many mistakes but won't have much an impact on the game.... compared to getting games into more talented players we have coming up who may make more mistakes now but potentially more impact at the end of the season. It's a tough one.

Best win of the season. Port were ready for us and came at us hard all game.

Positives: a lot - very even spread and we looked on from the first minute with lid wobbling finals intensity.

Sweet was competitive- at three games this is fantastic.

Bruce was brilliant - a few goals, important minutes in the ruck and when we needed to steady he went back in front of a Charlie and both blocked him as well as taking a couple marks. So important for the finals that we can do this.

Weightman is exactly what we need - his bring danger to the forward line. Great mix with McNeil and JJ as small forwards all adding something.

Libba was best on ground for me and Bont and Macrae as the big three all looked great. Cordy started poorly but worked into it and was desperate and confident in the end - taking solid marks.

Daniel almost next best on ground - so solid and courageous. Dale was good - blistering first quarter but still showed intensity and a hardness that has made him a top 22 lock.

4 goals and should have been 5 from Naughty was great and his general pressure was excellent.

I have not been a fan of Rourke but today he was solid - missed a few tackles but was one of his best games and his hardness at the contest was telling.

Room for improvement:

Williams was very good but he has another gear and will be even better next week. The back mids are really looking good.

Missed Wood but now need to decide whether to go for Khamis - who was OK but could not go the distance. Would prefer Young and play Cordy as a third tall - he did well today.

Hannan could not get into the game and under most pressure. English in is an easy choice and will be a scary add for opposition. VDM will come in first Scott or Lipinski and also be a big add.

As much as I am a fan of Lipinski and would keep playing him inside (where I think he will make it) - his hands and generally decisions are great but just doesn’t have the legs to play outside. He is behind Macrae and Dunkley as tractors and could get a game if he upped his tackling.

While I think Lipinski should move in - Trelor was really ineffective and would move to wing where he has been brilliant. Has a good quarter today but just didn’t work hard enough inside today and dropped of contact a lot - not sure if he was injured but his worst game easily.

We had a little run against us but turned this around and mostly controlled the game. The run they got was when we went with our least experienced Mids - have to do this sometimes but show we miss Dunkley.

Out: Wood
In: Young

Out: Hannan
In: English

Out: Scott - was OK but has to make way
In: VD

Out: Lipinski
In: Hunter

Would love to see Wallis get a game but could be even harder now.....
Hannan ain't going anywhere. Bevo singled him out in his presser for playing his role to perfection.

Having B Williams back settles our backline so much. Cordy was great. we lost composure when woody left the ground, and in particular the second quarter while Bont, McRae, Naughton, were great it was I think the lesser known players that did a great job. Cordy, Scoot, Mc Neill, R Smith were probably the difference. they were far better than port's equivalent players. Also Durye. our backline was excellent.

I totally get what you and other guys are saying and individually i agree. I just wonder what difference there may be between playing R.Smith, Scott and Hannan who will do the little things nicely, won't make many mistakes but won't have much an impact on the game.... compared to getting games into more talented players we have coming up who may make more mistakes now but potentially more impact at the end of the season. It's a tough one.
That's the hard question Bevo and the footy department staff grapple with every week isn't it?

Cody Weightman hasn't been knocking the door down at VFL level but has probably done enough to earn a senior game. Westy has been carving it up at VFL level, as has Schache... both with oodles of talent. Weightman plays a blinder and West and Scache stink it up. The battlers, Smith and Cordy, hang onto their senior spots or get brought in to the howls of disgust from all and sundry....and they stand tall and have us lauding them.

Who would be a selector? Who'd be a coach? Not me!

I poke a bit of shit his way from time to time but I'm bloody glad Bevo is our coach. That was a win for the ages tonight. Season ... and maybe Premiership defining win.

Hannan ain't going anywhere. Bevo singled him out in his presser for playing his role to perfection.
I’d love to know what role that was because he was our least effective by a long way. Guess it’s hard to tell watching on the tv so perhaps I missed a lot of off the ball stuff because it certainly didn’t get to his hands that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL player stats points system ranked Libba as the 26th best player, just below Riley Bonner and Stephen Motlop.

Seriously.
That is the funniest thing I've read in ages. Libba was best on in my view. Destroyed Port literally and in between the ears. He was worth the 3 and the 2 votes tonight. 26th best player be ****ed!

The midfield was great other than that awful 15 minutes in the second, it was a toss up between Libba and Bont as to who was best on.

That was Daniels best game for the year, on countless occasions he turned a dangerous ground ball into something damaging the other way.

It was nice seeing a natural non tall forward in Weightman, the first since Dickson.

Williams back makes such a difference to the back half counter attack, his composure and ball use was certainly missed.

Anyone still wanting Naughton to go back is the equivalent of still believing dvds are better than streaming.

Please indulge me here. I took a 14 leg same game multi with the TAB in our game on the result, disposals and goal kickers.

I had one with Port to win and it gave me odds of $201

I had the same bet with the Dogs to win and it gave me odds of $101, but as I was about to submit my bet the odds changed to $81. How could the odds for the two results be so dramatically different ?

Now I did win, after some nervous moments needing Dixon to kick 2 late goals and Hannan one, but how the hell could it offer such differing odds.

That is the funniest thing I've read in ages. Libba was best on in my view. Destroyed Port literally and in between the ears. He was worth the 3 and the 2 votes tonight. 26th best player be f’ed!

Even more bizarre considering that his possession numbers etc. were quite high. Usually when there's such a discrepancy it's because a player is more influential than their stats indicate, but in this case, the raw stats are outstanding (e.g., 12 clearances).

Libba seems like he is desperate for another Premiership medal now
He was well up for it tonight and looked like he enjoyed and thrived on every moment and aspect of the game - the contest and the crowd...camera caught a couple of smirks from him after getting some "advice" from the stands.

Liberatore's inside game tonight was a masterclass in contested inside work. After the 10th occasion I burst out laughing, when players from both teams constantly fumbled and tumbled getting nowhere and in would come liberatore like a bandit and cut open tackles and packs like hot knife in butter, dishing out balls to astonished team mates on their own. He ruled the inside and repeatedly gave us first use from some ridiculous situations.

I don't know how you rate that - dream team points for liber were at 69 - Liber had over 20 CP - nearest was Bont on 11. Bont and Caleb were great but first ball use to advantage was all Liber - MVP. More power to him

Please indulge me here. I took a 14 leg same game multi with the TAB in our game on the result, disposals and goal kickers.

I had one with Port to win and it gave me odds of $201

I had the same bet with the Dogs to win and it gave me odds of $101, but as I was about to submit my bet the odds changed to $81. How could the odds for the two results be so dramatically different ?

Now I did win, after some nervous moments needing Dixon to kick 2 late goals and Hannan one, but how the hell could it offer such differing odds.

Depends on what legs you have, but arguments sake something like bulldogs to win but Dixon, Gray & Georgiades any time goal scorers will give higher odds. If you had more bulldogs players and bulldogs to win, it would be lower

That's the hard question Bevo and the footy department staff grapple with every week isn't it?

Cody Weightman hasn't been knocking the door down at VFL level but has probably done enough to earn a senior game. Westy has been carving it up at VFL level, as has Schache... both with oodles of talent. Weightman plays a blinder and West and Scache stink it up. The battlers, Smith and Cordy, hang onto their senior spots or get brought in to the howls of disgust from all and sundry....and they stand tall and have us lauding them.

Who would be a selector? Who'd be a coach? Not me!

I poke a bit of sh*t his way from time to time but I'm bloody glad Bevo is our coach. That was a win for the ages tonight. Season ... and maybe Premiership defining win.

Not sure the journos appreciated his Sweety at the airport story though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back