Review Dogs 96 def Power 77 - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Liberatore's inside game tonight was a masterclass in contested inside work. After the 10th occasion I burst out laughing, when players from both teams constantly fumbled and tumbled getting nowhere and in would come liberatore like a bandit and cut open tackles and packs like hot knife in butter, dishing out balls to astonished team mates on their own. He ruled the inside and repeatedly gave us first use from some ridiculous situations.

I don't know how you rate that - dream team points for liber were at 69 - Liber had over 20 CP - nearest was Bont on 11. Bont and Caleb were great but first ball use to advantage was all Liber - MVP. More power to him
Best inside player I've ever seen. Second best is his father.

Please indulge me here. I took a 14 leg same game multi with the TAB in our game on the result, disposals and goal kickers.

I had one with Port to win and it gave me odds of $201

I had the same bet with the Dogs to win and it gave me odds of $101, but as I was about to submit my bet the odds changed to $81. How could the odds for the two results be so dramatically different ?

Now I did win, after some nervous moments needing Dixon to kick 2 late goals and Hannan one, but how the hell could it offer such differing odds.

$201 vs $81 reflects a ratio of roughly 2.5:1. If I understand it right, the betting agency would only need to be viewing the Dogs as around 70-30 favourites to get a difference like that, with all the other variables held equal. (On the other hand, the odds of the other components of your bet might have been considered greater conditioned on us winning than Port winning; but not knowing what they are, that's just speculation.)

Depends on what legs you have, but arguments sake something like bulldogs to win but Dixon, Gray & Georgiades any time goal scorers will give higher odds. If you had more bulldogs players and bulldogs to win, it would be lower

True, my bets were Dog heavy.

$201 vs $81 reflects a ratio of roughly 2.5:1. If I understand it right, the betting agency would only need to be viewing the Dogs as around 70-30 favourites to get a difference like that, with all the other variables held equal. (On the other hand, the odds of the other components of your bet might have been considered greater conditioned on us winning than Port winning; but not knowing what they are, that's just speculation.)

Ah, so if my bets weighted heavily to the Dogs are successful the more likely a Dogs win.

Liberatore's inside game tonight was a masterclass in contested inside work. After the 10th occasion I burst out laughing, when players from both teams constantly fumbled and tumbled getting nowhere and in would come liberatore like a bandit and cut open tackles and packs like hot knife in butter, dishing out balls to astonished team mates on their own. He ruled the inside and repeatedly gave us first use from some ridiculous situations.

I don't know how you rate that - dream team points for liber were at 69 - Liber had over 20 CP - nearest was Bont on 11. Bont and Caleb were great but first ball use to advantage was all Liber - MVP. More power to him

What sums up Libba’s game was in the last few minutes, the ball is bobbling around and he attacks it hard, slides in with the collect & dish off whilst the players around the contest are still trying to get their feet unstuck from the ground to do something

There are 10 players closer to the ball before this happens

44610800-806E-4557-9E66-B4117E1607D7.jpeg

I admit I was one. Port have lost 1 8n the past 11 home games and the wind was with them final quarter but did die down. The crowd, umpires and kicking constantly to Allia2 and the ability for Port to kick goals quickly had all of us at the game concerned. The two goals in the second quarter proved pivotal. We are a very happy bunch in the city of churches

i have to say quedos to the doggies that were there tonight, we heard you and we saw you well done.

One good thing about winning is that it shuts the oppo fans of the teams we play the f**k up.

You can add Port fans and their jumper changing after games onto that list now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a pretty underwhelming contribution sport. Want to have another crack at it?

Come on, Mutt, cut the guy some slack! He's clearly steaming up about his team NOT playing like a team. We've all been there. He's not having a go at the Dogs.

And he's right, the Dogs did play well for each other tonight. Lots of blocking and tap-ons etc.

I'd love to know if Libba's tapouts from the bottom of packs count for anything. Cause he does a LOT of them. At least 10 per game. They don't always come off, but they often lead to clean take-aways from another Dogs player.

Come on, Mutt, cut the guy some slack! He's clearly steaming up about his team NOT playing like a team. We've all been there. He's not having a go at the Dogs.

And he's right, the Dogs did play well for each other tonight. Lots of blocking and tap-ons etc.
Agree. Poor by you Mutt. Very classy albeit brief summation.

Agree. Poor by you Mutt. Very classy albeit brief summation.

Yeah, nah. Might as well have given us golf claps. Why bother coming to our board for that underwhelming summation.

Yeah, nah. Might as well have given us golf claps. Why bother coming to our board for that underwhelming summation.
An opposition supporter coming onto our board to say anything congratulatory is fine by me.

Weird to have any issue with what that poster said. It was purely complimentary. There shouldn't be any expectation on how much or little anyone should say in congratulations.

Not really. Paying a compliment, thought you played as a team. Not as individuals. Not sure what more you want??
I can do a power point presentation??
OK. I'd like a PowerPoint on our win.

Thanks for being a good sport. I'm just a bit touchy as we've had some absolute tools from other clubs on our autopsy threads of late.

Play on...and welcome. Please accept my apologies for being rude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back