• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Youngster Rhylee West was electric in the VFL on Friday night, kicking 3.3 from 26 disposals in Footscray's comprehensive 81-point win over Frankston.

If Hawks list managers were doing their job they would be reaching out to Rhylee ...... he is clearly behind a few in the pecking order at the dogs. Has grunt with polish!

Youngster Rhylee West was electric in the VFL on Friday night, kicking 3.3 from 26 disposals in Footscray's comprehensive 81-point win over Frankston.

If Hawks list managers were doing their job they would be reaching out to Rhylee ...... he is clearly behind a few in the pecking order at the dogs. Has grunt with polish!

100% exactly the kind of fringe talent we should be targeting from the top teams.
Would be perfect small forward / mid in our team right now.

Also there is friction between West Senior and the coaching team about how Rhylee should be played. Opportunity

Also there is friction between West Senior and the coaching team about how Rhylee should be played. Opportunity
What about making a big play at Cody Weightman ? Will be a very good player for a very long time. Fits the bill in terms of player profile and age profile. In and out of their team. Clearly not going to be on big money. He's OOC, I'd be offering 100K + more than what the bulldogs would be willing to and seeing if we can solve an list issue with a proven commodity at the right end of their career. If we can get him with one of our 2nds, that's a trade worth making. If we can get him to nominate PSD and Kangaroos have committed elsewhere then even better.

Worth reaching out to, but he’s not quick. If we are happy to hook a fringe midfielder who isn’t speedy, I’d suggest Charlie Constable from the Cats or Will Brodie from the Suns.

We can’t fix everything immediately, but our midfield is tiny, and we need bigger units as well as quicker units. West isn’t either of these.

Would we look at Billings?

Fits a need and is a FA should could come without a trade. Saints might not be able to match a front ended deal and we have the cap for it.

Wouldn't be someone that will break and pay structure either just front end it and have a trigger on the back end.

25 turning 26 in August, HF/Mid who is a composed clean user of the footy.

I'd had a think about this, and really, given our list, inability to attract anyone better as a Free Agent, salary cap... it actually makes sense to me.

We simply need more talent on this list, especially ball users and players that can run through the middle and impact forward. Ideally, we might be able find that 'next level' he hasn't reached yet. But if not, he's still a classy player, and one I think the Saints wouldn't be that against losing.

The issue is that you'd think that the Saints would be looking to get tier 1 compensation back, so what is that in terms of contract? I wouldn't want to overpay for Billings.

Really interested to see how Kemp comes on later this year- he was someone who I was really interested in in his draft year.
AFAIK he hasn't signed on for 2022 yet, would be interested in seeing what he's worth.

Played well on the weekend in a heavy defeat, but what are willing to give up for him, he’s the big body we need.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We had a look at Brodie last year. I think we will again.
Due to all of the concessions they get… teams like GC and GWS will always have depth players hanging out of the a**hole. The key is trying to snag the decent ones which we've learn't from in the past isn't as easy as it looks. Cough cough JOR :moustache:

Played well on the weekend in a heavy defeat, but what are willing to give up for him, he’s the big body we need.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was really impressed by his game. It depends on what Carlton would want for him/how much senior exposure he gets this year. I'd be comfortable giving up a second rounder or two/a player and a pick or something along those lines for him.
If that rumour previously about Dimma being interested in heading to Carlton is true I could see a player swap and potentially something heading back our way on top of it if that were the case (and before I get my nuts torn off for bringing that up again- it's a hypothetical that could see us landing a young star potentially, albeit to the detriment of one of our only pure defenders).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might look at Billings but he's not joining us.

1. We are presently a rabble
2. Money
3. see above
Players have constantly joined Essendon despite their drug cheating, total inability to win a final and all round crapness as a club. Since the mid 2000’s they are the definition of rabble.

I was really impressed by his game. It depends on what Carlton would want for him/how much senior exposure he gets this year. I'd be comfortable giving up a second rounder or two/a player and a pick or something along those lines for him.
If that rumour previously about Dimma being interested in heading to Carlton is true I could see a player swap and potentially something heading back our way on top of it if that were the case (and before I get my nuts torn off for bringing that up again- it's a hypothetical that could see us landing a young star potentially, albeit to the detriment of one of our only pure defenders).
Hadn't heard that. I'd be disappointed if he left.

Hadn't heard that. I'd be disappointed if he left.
Agreed- he's been my favourite defender for years now and he's a real cornerstone down there for us. It was an instagram post claiming to have insider knowledge so should be thrown away but I'm always keen to throw out hypothetical trades/deals that get us good players.

Someone bring me the god damn nut tearers!

Agreed- he's been my favourite defender for years now and he's a real cornerstone down there for us. It was an instagram post claiming to have insider knowledge so should be thrown away but I'm always keen to throw out hypothetical trades/deals that get us good players.
a) Kemp is not a good player - he is a prospect coming off an ACL.
b) Dimma is a very good player.
c) You don't trade very good players for knee reco'd draftees who have shown nothing at AFL level.
d) Hypotheticals are the worst form of fantasy. Harry Potter goes much better

a) Kemp is not a good player - he is a prospect coming off an ACL.
b) Dimma is a very good player.
c) You don't trade very good players for knee reco'd draftees who have shown nothing at AFL level.
d) Hypotheticals are the worst form of fantasy. Harry Potter goes much better
I'm more of a DragonLance/Malaz kinda guy myself but you do you.
I agree with all you have said- Kemp does have a lot of potential as a midfielder and I can see him developing into one of the games elites. But I agree, I'm definitely not in favour of trading Dimma for anything (within reason).

We might look at Billings but he's not joining us.

1. We are presently a rabble
2. Money
3. see above

Yeah, if Billings wanted to join us on a slightly above market offer, it'd be a no brainer. 25 year old high efficiency wing who manages a few shots at goal a game that we don't have to trade for.

I'm sure we can chuck him a little more than we were paying Scully, which should be more than the Saints offer. Weirder things have happened, especially with a lot of caps being tight. But it won't be a matter of us not being interested, surely.

Worth reaching out to, but he’s not quick. If we are happy to hook a fringe midfielder who isn’t speedy, I’d suggest Charlie Constable from the Cats or Will Brodie from the Suns.

We can’t fix everything immediately, but our midfield is tiny, and we need bigger units as well as quicker units. West isn’t either of these.

Grab Clark and Constable in a package deal. There's your midfield depth. I think Constable could rack it up if a team gave him centre square time Keays/Greenwood style. Doubt it suits us, though. Get him to Essendon with Merrett/Parish/McGrath in the centre, I reckon he could be great. Probably doesn't work as well with Mitchell/Worpel/O'Meara.

It's much harder to find those skillful receivers we need stuck in the seconds, though. It's much easier for them to find a home on a flank or pocket.

Grab Clark and Constable in a package deal. There's your midfield depth. I think Constable could rack it up if a team gave him centre square time Keays/Greenwood style. Doubt it suits us, though. Get him to Essendon with Merrett/Parish/McGrath in the centre, I reckon he could be great. Probably doesn't work as well with Mitchell/Worpel/O'Meara.

It's much harder to find those skillful receivers we need stuck in the seconds, though. It's much easier for them to find a home on a flank or pocket.
I wish we’d grabbed Narkle last year.

Is he on 1 year deal at Cats? Agree makes sense
Not sure.

Carved up on the weekend, playing as a true mid.

34 disposal @75%, 16 contested. Has some class and a good step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back