Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those changes are like shuffling deckchairs on the titanic, not sure we will really gain too much from them.

Hunter Clark being out injured is disappointing but he could probably do with a break anyway, has been below his best the last couple of weeks.
If Clav does well we'll be gaining heaps

I think The fact that there are no twos to play in makes things a bit different. Sandy has had three byes this year effectively. Sorry but that’s weak as piss. VFL is a goddam joke competition.
and it does put the other two small forwards on notice - put up or you’re next. Byrnes gets another chance which I’m thrilled about - this also might fire him up even more. I must admit Lethers comments the other day made me think Bytel would probably be safe so that’s a blindside. Clav and Highmore getting their chance - hope they go on with it and Dunstan and Wood is a no brainer given how well they do in the twos. Selection integrity.

Hill has been poor the last couple of weeks but before that he was playing well. Suspect he’s on his last credit.

and dropping Lonie instead of Butler makes sense given Butler is at least kicking goals and working hard.

was a little bemused by these changes but think they’re actually ok.

Dropping Lonie does not put Butler on notice as Lonie has already been dropped and Butler not. It has just reinforced the pecking order.

Dropping someone like Butler would have put all the senior players on notice. Dropping Lonie does not.

So….Clav
Was he the guy who (last year?) was due to debut and got injured right before?
I think I remember reading he’s had a few - can anyone tell me what they were? Hammies?

Good luck to the kid, I’m rapt for him.

Clav- syndaswhatsits and a couple of hammies. Hope he has a blinder

How is the selection integrity of this joint.

Such a big call dropping Lonie.

Quite embarassing really.

Bytel our for Dunstan. Swing those changes fellas.

Roos by ten goals just for the lols.

Where's the statement by st Kilda, you can't blame bytel and Lonie for a 111 point loss.
Higgins
Hill
Crouch
Ross
Geary

They should all have been axed and play a minimum 3 games in the VFL to get form.
It's the experienced players where the problem is
Crouch needs to be dropped for 3 weeks to find form!?

The previous week he got the 3rd-most coaches votes (despite sitting out 20 mins of the game, for a concussion test), against your own team, the previous week he got the 4th-most votes, the week before that he got the equal-4th most, and 3 weeks prior to that he also got the equal-4th most votes on the ground.

Yet we should drop him for a minimum of 3 weeks because he struggled last week?

No.

I haven’t checked myself, but apparently Butler racks up a few pressure moments or 1%ers or something like that. Stuff people generally don’t notice. Can’t remember who said it or what they said exactly, but the idea was he does work hard without the ball.

Yeah those 1% things amount to 1%...I'd love to see him work harder when he has the ball. In fact I'd like him to do a 99% better job 😆

Comedy or errors from both clubs. Dees were rusty that game or else yes should have been a ten goal win.
What I would say as someone who was there was that Melbourne weren’t actually all that good, they were just less bad than us.

They kicked badly for goal, we kicked comically badly around the field. Either way, bad kicking is bad football.

I certainly wasn’t sitting there thinking “wow, what an amazing team they are” (the Bulldogs of last week for instance would have wiped the floor with them), especially when we kicked 5 goals in a row- or when they were dropping sitter marks in their D50- but I did feel like as the game wore on we played them into the sort of form they’ve largely been in since.

With every one of our laughably bad turnovers that they scored from you could just see their confidence grow, and by the end of the game they were a much better team than in the first 1.5 quarters in particular, as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want us to do better - yeah it's petulant sook time but I'm sick of being mediocre in an 18 team competition with the odd flash of brilliance as rare as a blue nosed gopher.
If we lose this.... no one will be safe. North have absolutely gutted thier list to kickstart their rebuild, the team is barely VFL worthy. (saying that...we arent much chop either) I have no confidence we'll win when in reality we should be putting them to the sword.
Grats to Ross on 150, great to see Dunny back (always been a fan, especially since his heart on sleeve moment - we'll ignore his disposal efficiency the other week :p) and I'm pretty sure Clav is related to my wifes family somehow.... so all the best to him on debut.

Hilarious reading - changes need to based on form - blah blah blah melt melt melt - club is s**** No selection integrity - melt melt melt!!!.

Except of course unless a player being dropped is a fav despite the fact they are being replaced by a player who is not only a direct like for like replacement but is clearly the best performing player in the 2's.

Lonie has been the worst of the the three smalls, Bytel is the worst performing of the inside mids and Dunstan's form is outstanding so must be rewarded.

Add 3 injured players to the list and what do people expect - another 5 changes on top of they've 5 already made - get real people please!!!

Hilarious reading - changes need to based on form - blah blah blah melt melt melt - club is s**** No selection integrity - melt melt melt!!!.

Except of course unless a player being dropped is a fav despite the fact they are being replaced by a player who is not only a direct like for like replacement but is clearly the best performing player in the 2's.

Lonie has been the worst of the the three smalls, Bytel is the worst performing of the inside mids and Dunstan's form is outstanding so must be rewarded.

Add 3 injured players to the list and what do people expect - another 5 changes on top of they've 5 already made - get real people please!!!
Finally. Someone with sense.
I love the comment that Bytel will probably look elsewhere after being dropped twice by us. Talk about an overreaction!!

Statement at the selection table.

2 whipping boys and 3 injuries (2 of whom are at best depth players anyway).

Bytel should probably leave if we’re going to keep dropping him.
Yep everyone who gets dropped should leave

With every one of our laughably bad turnovers that they scored from you could just see their confidence grow, and by the end of the game they were a much better team than in the first 1.5 quarters in particular, as a result.
Dunstan is back that should fix that problem

There's angst because we didn't make changes that reflect the no bullshit stance we should be taking.

Questioning why there's angst is hilarious lol
Ratts said in his post game presser they will have to make some changes and we can't keep playing players not performing. So I get the angst because of that. Shouldn't have said it really. We've got literally only a few players we could bring in from the 2s.

Personally I don't any other players dropped because I want to win against North and we don't have anyone to come in for dropping a Hill, etc. Would have been good to give Byfel another chance tho and we seem to have a lot of defenders unless we're planning on trying Coff on the wing. Don't know if Coff deserved to come back in, but hope he plays well

Don't care how good Dunstans form has been, he is not an AFL player and his turnovers will hurt us again, will be back at Sandy in 2 to 3 weeks

Ratts said in his post game presser they will have to make some changes and we can't keep playing players not performing. So I get the angst because of that. Shouldn't have said it really. We've got literally only a few players we could bring in from the 2s.

Personally I don't any other players dropped because I want to win against North and we don't have anyone to come in for dropping a Hill, etc. Would have been good to give Byfel another chance tho and we seem to have a lot of defenders unless we're planning on trying Coff on the wing. Don't know if Coff deserved to come back in, but hope he plays well
watched the VFL game last week, Coff was ok at the very best

Don't care how good Dunstans form has been, he is not an AFL player and his turnovers will hurt us again, will be back at Sandy in 2 to 3 weeks
I'd say there is evidence out there to suggest Dunstan can play at AFL level. His last game was poor, but it's not as if that's the level he's played all of his 105 games at.

He might be back out of the side in a few weeks. But his form warrants selection and the chance to prove he does belong.

I'd say there is evidence out there to suggest Dunstan can play at AFL level. His last game was poor, but it's not as if that's the level he's played all of his 105 games at.

He might be back out of the side in a few weeks. But his form warrants selection and the chance to prove he does belong.

Let's just hope he's learnt that perhaps tacking kicks out of half back isn't his forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back