Preview Rnd 11 - Carlton v Sydney Sunday May 30th 3.20PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i got to Sydney yesterday, today it’s cloudy with some blue sky, but it did rain for about 5 minutes this morning, hopefully it stays fine, although it has been windy up here also. Heading to the ground soon to watch the 2nds.
hopefully a good day for the blueboys...... Go Blues!

Seconds? I think you’d be better heading to the pub for a counter lunch and a pint or 3

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a joke. Those choosing our team have lost whatever semblance of the plot they had. Casboult in and honey sub. fu** me dead.

Kind of makes me relieved we have no tall depth as if we did we'd be playing 6 talls up each end.
Have you ever considered that Cas has an important role in our team structure?

So Gov instead of JSOS, would suit the brief?
I'd never have gov ahead of JSOS. I also would have no issue playing 4 talls if they have some speed, will chase and earn their place either through afl or vfl form.

Bringing in casboult is my issue. He's done absolutely nothing (as close to literally nothing as possible) this year and the only fair reason he got a game was ruck support.

He's now coming in as a pure forward, or as a backup, backup ruck. From all reports (and 2 games I've seen on TV) honey has done much more to earn a shot than Levi has this year.

It would be understandable if we needed a tall for structure. We don't.

Surely a forward line of Casbolt, JOS, McKay and TDK is a joke.

Major issues include:
- defensive pressure, can't apply any
- small ground so instead of Harry being one out he could be flying against 3 talls
- No team in the AFL would play 4 stalls, for obvious reasons, lacks run, lacks flexibility.

This selection defies all belief.

The same forward line that includes the midget brigade of Betts, Owies, Fogarty and Gibbons. As well as the agile and versatile Martin.

Clearly we are not playing a 9 man forward line, so we will mix and match to give us the best advantage at different stages. You would think at least one of those 9 has been earmarked for a non-forward role.

Well i got to Sydney yesterday, today it’s cloudy with some blue sky, but it did rain for about 5 minutes this morning, hopefully it stays fine, although it has been windy up here also. Heading to the ground soon to watch the 2nds.
Reckon the Swanettes should go the leggings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of pre-game bitching as usual. Bring on the in-game and post-game bitching!

Seriously though, a win today would be huge for us. Kelly and Allen likely outs for West Coast suddenly makes next week look very winnable...

We have matched up against the Swans quite well of late and I’m expecting us to be right in this again. If Harry can work through the shoulder pain and kick 4 or 5 I think we’ll get up.

Seconds got cancelled about 4 days ago mate

Lots of pre-game bitching as usual. Bring on the in-game and post-game bitching!

Seriously though, a win today would be huge for us. Kelly and Allen likely outs for West Coast suddenly makes next week look very winnable...

We have matched up against the Swans quite well of late and I’m expecting us to be right in this again. If Harry can work through the shoulder pain and kick 4 or 5 I think we’ll get up.

Mate I'm so keen for today.

If we can get up today, and go into West Coast with some momentum whilst they are undermanned it would be massive.

If we could square the ledger by the bye, it would be outstanding.

Have you ever considered that Cas has an important role in our team structure?

Have you considered he hasn't been performing in that important role?

It's got to the stage where the opposition kpd playing on him will peel off him and help deal with Harry.

He is not needed to provide Pitto with a chop out anymore now that TDK is back.

In wet weather the ball will hit the deck more often than not. He is inept in those situations.

I've got no doubt the intention is to try and stretch their relatively short backline...

Hopefully after the week off he can play his best game and at least take a couple contested marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back