List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2021 Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jai Newcombe > do we pick him with our 2nd pick if Callow has gone, eventhough he wants $150,000, just to upset the Dawks?
nah, chances are Jai is going to upset them over time anyway. And they have to pay.

Here's hoping Edwards pans out like we need him to, because the kid has enormous upside, but he's also super raw.

Might help if posters don’t expect him to come in and make an immediate impact. Guarantee there will be people in here sulking about how we passed on “X” player that makes an immediate impact.

Edwards is going to take 3+ years of AFL system before he starts having an influence & that is exactly what we need.

tbh the club should just retire tyson. He's not getting another contract.
Yep. I would hope both parties would be capable of an open and honest dialogue that covers the reality that Dom will be delisted at years end and the club would like to pay him out and use the vacant lost spot in the MSD.

Highly doubtful that happens though.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brother - have you seen anything with credibility on what our likely number 2 pick might be?
No. The only thing we have atm is Clayton's statement about taking two talls. Who that is, I haven't heard.

AFL club selections as at Monday night
Adelaide: 1 selection
Brisbane: 1 selection
Carlton: 2 selections
Collingwood: 2 selections
Essendon: 2 selections
Fremantle: 0 selections
Geelong: 0 selections
Gold Coast: 2 selections
GWS: 1 selection
Hawthorn: 1 selection
Melbourne: 2 selections
North Melbourne: 2 selections
Port Adelaide: 1 selection
Richmond: 1 selection
St Kilda: 1 selection
Sydney: 1 selection
West Coast: 0 selections
Western Bulldogs: 0 selections

No. The only thing we have atm is Clayton's statement about taking two talls. Who that is, I haven't heard.

I wouldn't think 2 x rucks is written in stone yet mate.

He did also mention that North liked some of the defenders.

AFL club selections as at Monday night
Adelaide: 1 selection
Brisbane: 1 selection
Carlton: 2 selections
Collingwood: 2 selections
Essendon: 2 selections
Fremantle: 0 selections
Geelong: 0 selections
Gold Coast: 2 selections
GWS: 1 selection
Hawthorn: 1 selection
Melbourne: 2 selections
North Melbourne: 2 selections
Port Adelaide: 1 selection
Richmond: 1 selection
St Kilda: 1 selection
Sydney: 1 selection
West Coast: 0 selections
Western Bulldogs: 0 selections

What's the cutoff date & time for this mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't think 2 x rucks is written in stone yet mate.

He did also mention that North liked some of the defenders.

What's the cutoff date & time for this mate?
Yeah, the defenders in the national draft.

Yep. I would hope both parties would be capable of an open and honest dialogue that covers the reality that Dom will be delisted at years end and the club would like to pay him out and use the vacant lost spot in the MSD.

Highly doubtful that happens though.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes that would be the smart thing but won’t happen but if we had different colours and people with balls then it would be done.

Hawthorn's pick is the interesting one. Rumours are they'll go with Ned Moyle, but I've got the feeling they'll be kicking themselves if they let Newcombe go to another club.

His averages in the VFL this season for Box Hill:
23.3 touches, 5.5 marks, 5.8 clearances and 7.3 tackles.

His last game stats: 27 touches, 8 marks, 4 tackles and 10 clearances.

Just a reminder that this is a 19 year old inside midfielder who's very polished on the outside and makes excellent decisions. He's been playing midfield for their VFL side and has been right under their noses.

The issue with us potentially grabbing him with our 2nd pick is that the last thing we need is another midfielder, especially as I'm sure we're preparing to take one of Horne/Rachele/Long/Sonsie/[Insert mid who might climb into top 3] at the end of the year.

We've also suggested we'll go Edwards + another tall

Last edited:
Did mccartin nominate?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back