Unofficial Preview Changes v North Melbourne after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I came across Rendell’s article I didn’t even need to click on the link to know that is about the Lions. The sad fact is that he is right. Our back six as a collective isn’t at that top echelon yet.
Neither Madden or Answerth are decent kicks. Nor is Answerth actually fast enough to be a genuine run and carry player.

I my own view is that Prior is a natural successor to Birchall, able to run and carry and good kick as well.

Then Madden has the genuine speed to be that one and carry player, who is also genuinely accountable defensively.

Three tall defenders, plus Rich, Starcevich, Prior and Madden.

And we’ve still got Carter Michael developing as a possible Rich successor.

Ah Cheer as a legitimate utility forward or back.

Answerth, Michael, B.Smith, Lester and Payne as depth.

We probably should be looking for another KPD and possibly another elite kick out of defence.
The legitimate KPD to assist Andrews is a need. We have been hoping for Payne to be that guy but injury hasn’t let him have a run at it. For mine a back six that looks like this;

B: Gardiner, Payne, Madden
HBF: Rich, Andrews, Starcevich

Rich is that elite kick and can play that ‘loose’ role. Payne and Andrews are the KDP. Gardiner plays on the third tall. Starcevich plays on the dangerous small to mid type forward and Madden has the speed to cover and when has enough game nous provided some run from the backhalf. Payne is a critical piece and hope he can come on as we’ve all hoped.

quick someone mention Keays and how we squandered his potential at the lions.

or is McStay actually a good player?

by golly wizz, how SLOW is our team??

i'm relaxing listening to classic fm 100 countdown ;) hopefully i'm not too sedate for the matches later today though. gotta get some blood pumpin

i'm relaxing listening to classic fm 100 countdown ;) hopefully i'm not too sedate for the matches later today though. gotta get some blood pumpin
Why are you here then?

When I came across Rendell’s article I didn’t even need to click on the link to know that is about the Lions. The sad fact is that he is right. Our back six as a collective isn’t at that top echelon yet.
The legitimate KPD to assist Andrews is a need. We have been hoping for Payne to be that guy but injury hasn’t let him have a run at it. For mine a back six that looks like this;

B: Gardiner, Payne, Madden
HBF: Rich, Andrews, Starcevich

Rich is that elite kick and can play that ‘loose’ role. Payne and Andrews are the KDP. Gardiner plays on the third tall. Starcevich plays on the dangerous small to mid type forward and Madden has the speed to cover and when has enough game nous provided some run from the backhalf. Payne is a critical piece and hope he can come on as we’ve all hoped.
Unless we delist a couple of our fringe mids, we could skip on looking for mids in this draft.

There will be some tall and small defenders available at our two first round picks.

Then look to our father son and academy mids in the 2022 draft.

Unless we delist a couple of our fringe mids, we could skip on looking for mids in this draft.

There will be some tall and small defenders available at our two first round picks.

Then look to our father son and academy mids in the 2022 draft.
Would u care to share ur thoughts on which mids to delist...Cey would be 1 obvious.

We have the answer to speed though. We have Madden who fulfills that role. I just hope that Fagan realises that before its too late, because we won't be able to beat Melbourne again with the team we used last Friday night.

I don’t believe you understood my post.

Also CEY is contracted.

Not sure why you quoted both of us.
AFL.com recently put up an article suggesting that CEY could still be gettable for other clubs. I know he's been a disappointment for us, but let's not forget that CEY left adelaide because he wanted more senior opportunities - which he isn't getting here. If he found a club willing to play him, then i'm sure he would have no hesitancy to leave.

AFL.com recently put up an article suggesting that CEY could still be gettable for other clubs. I know he's been a disappointment for us, but let's not forget that CEY left adelaide because he wanted more senior opportunities - which he isn't getting here. If he found a club willing to play him, then i'm sure he would have no hesitancy to leave.
If he was coming here for more senior opportunity, then he got that one severely wrong didn’t he.
Adelaide was projected to fall off a cliff so getting games at Adelaide shouldn’t have been a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was coming here for more senior opportunity, then he got that one severely wrong didn’t he.
Adelaide was projected to fall off a cliff so getting games at Adelaide shouldn’t have been a problem.
This article highlights Cam's intention to leave Adelaide quite succinctly. He loved playing there and was told he was a required player for the crows, but he was frustrated with his lack of game time - hence he joined us. Fagan likely promised him more games in Brisbane, which he evidently isn't getting. He was also contracted at Adelaide for another year, but left to seek better opportunities with us. If a club came to him, then I don't see why he wouldn't do to us what he did with Adelaide. I mean, he likely knows he would be delisted by the end of next year if things continue as they are, so why not go on the front foot and see if you can play elsewhere?

I hope he does.
As unlikely as it may be, that he finds somewhere to go.
I think we are stuck with him taking up a list spot.
I don't think he's the worst contract to have, not everyone on the list is going to be playing AFL footy each week and at the very least he's one of our best in the lower comps helping us be somewhat competitive.

I hope he does.
As unlikely as it may be, that he finds somewhere to go.
I think we are stuck with him taking up a list spot.
He has had Senior opportunities here. and not quite measured up.

I couldn't see any other club taking him on ,certainly not on what he is here.

So next year is his last throw at the stumps I would think. To at least do enough to get a crack somewhere else.

CEY been injured since he got here every 5-6 weeks seems something. Would not of helped.
Same as J Berry and Payne unfortunately always seems something no run of games.
Adams missed I say more games then he played with us
in the backline Dizzy not had great luck as well.

He has had Senior opportunities here. and not quite measured up.

I couldn't see any other club taking him on ,certainly not on what he is here.

So next year is his last throw at the stumps I would think. To at least do enough to get a crack somewhere else.
I guess it depends on what club comes after him. I mean, we picked him up when he wasn't good enough to be on Adelaide's team, so why couldn't another team do the same?

Its probably nothing, but each game I drive down from my farm to Brisbane and meet my daughter for dinner before the game. Recently we have been going to a seafood place at Colmslie which is a fair distance from the Gabba. There was CEY sitting all alone on game night, clearly not going to the game, the Reserves were not playing until the next day in Brisbane. The other Reserve graders seemed to be at the Gabba shown in the crowd on the big screen.

Its probably nothing, but each game I drive down from my farm to Brisbane and meet my daughter for dinner before the game. Recently we have been going to a seafood place at Colmslie which is a fair distance from the Gabba. There was CEY sitting all alone on game night, clearly not going to the game, the Reserves were not playing until the next day in Brisbane. The other Reserve graders seemed to be at the Gabba shown in the crowd on the big screen.

Could be that the bloke just wanted a feed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back