Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing I don't get is Clark had the ball and then got smashed. McKay second to it.

Honestly flabbergasted he got off for that but in the end it doesn't matter. Just want Hunter to recover quickly and be all good.

Haha don’t read the context but find a post you don’t rate. Maybe read the lead. We had be like mike as a saying. I’m bringing in don’t be like jb

lol the context excuse for not understanding the issue. chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a thing, has killed people has changed NRL, NFL, and a bunch of other games, but in AFL you can smash a jaw with a shoulder and people like you think it is good.

Hopefully Clark doesn't have long term problems with this assault on his head because it is obvious the AFL won't protect players heads. I bet you will be the first to complain when there is a class action that costs the AFL hundreds of millions. But an exciting smash to the face is much more important hey? :rolleyes:

Weak decision by AFL
Ben long or Stevie baker would have been out for months.
Weak as piss.
Just another case of AFL looking after the interstate darlings or big vic clubs,
We are just a filler club making up the numbers for them,
No wonder our players lose belief
We get shafted by the officials every game and at tribunal.

lol the context excuse for not understanding the issue. chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a thing, has killed people has changed NRL, NFL, and a bunch of other games, but in AFL you can smash a jaw with a shoulder and people like you think it is good.

Hopefully Clark doesn't have long term problems with this assault on his head because it is obvious the AFL won't protect players heads. I bet you will be the first to complain when there is a class action that costs the AFL hundreds of millions. But an exciting smash to the face is much more important hey? :rolleyes:
Th err you go again. Not actually discussing the incident but emotive stuff like that rubbish. And it wasn’t context excuse. It was fact on what we were discussing regarding the game in future. Anyway no idea why you seem so angry at posters who think he should have got off. Just for your info none of those posters were on the tribunal and not one have said it’s exciting a player had his head hurt. It’s actually pathetic

Watch em all bag out Clark on here when he’s back in 2 months and squibbing contests because he knows his skull is free game

The Sean Darcy hit it looked like Long tried to turn out of the contest and hit him with his arse. It was still the same thing two players go at a ball then one braces as the other gathers leaving them prone. If Long had barrelled in shoulder first he could have put him out for the year.
Long had no intention to win the footy, that's the issue.

I doubt he does any damage if he goes for the footy.

Maybe he would have, we won't ever know. But it would have been two players going the footy which is what we are told to do.

I don't watch the footy as much as I used to. I used to watch probably 5 games a weekend but now it's the Saints and maybe one other and even that's sometimes a stretch. I think it's the coverage saturating the game but probably also the constant rule changes.

In this case it was not a reportable offence but overall the footy was better in the 90's. Not sure why.

I still think it's more that there was less options back then. We had * all else to do back then and work commitments were so much less. You could hardly get to watch International sport unless you could afford Foxtel. Now we can get it all too easily and we don't appreciate it. Same as when you had a roll of film and you never wasted a shot. When digital and mobile phones came in everyone has a camera that can take a good picture but there are less good photographers. We can make a film on our phone and pro edit it on our lap top but the film industry has never been less creative.

Anything that doesn't take effort is unappreciated. We used to schlep out to Waverley in the rain and tramp through ankle deep water to the car after sitting through hypothermia. It was elemental and real. Modern stadiums are comfortable and you don't suffer for anything but it's lost it's edge. Players are pushed out if they are individuals and you can afford to watch footy on Kayo cheap so don't need to even leave the lounge room.

I have mates who follow the Tigers, you can't get into big games and they get anxious about missing out. Their kids still love footy and live for going to school in their footy kit. We have been struggling for so long a lot of us have lost the passion we used to have but once it turns around it's hard to not get drawn back in.

As a Saints fan who never saw anything that resembled success the 1990s was like dessert farmer's kid who'd never seen rain. It was so incredible to be a part of. By the end of the Lyon era I'd grown complacent and thought it would last for ever. Now I'm a mean spirited curmudgeon that sort of hates footy but more hates being uncompetitive for so long.

Th err you go again. Not actually discussing the incident but emotive stuff like that rubbish. And it wasn’t context excuse. It was fact on what we were discussing regarding the game in future. Anyway no idea why you seem so angry at posters who think he should have got off. Just for your info none of those posters were on the tribunal and not one have said it’s exciting a player had his head hurt. It’s actually pathetic
chronic traumatic encephalopathy is emotive? Actually talking about a mark 17 years ago is emotive. Fact is that a player got shouldered at poace has multiple breaks in the jaw and will eat through a straw for eight weeks.

You obviously like that type of football with your posting. I don't like seeing any player injured. If it was Clark who did that to McKay, I would have the exact same position.
We are having multiple players retiring early with head knocks, we have had the AFL going down the path of protecting the head, taking it to the degree that a player missed a final because he hit a player high who was uninjured, and played on and played the following week with no concussion. He was suspended with potential to cause injury.

I said at the time the AFL had made a rod for its own back with this potential to cause injury.

Now we have a player out for two months, not potential, but actual injury. So you now have St.Kilda players suspended for potential to cause injury, and a St.Kilda players smashed out of the game for 8 weeks but no worries.

if you don't have the intelligence to understand this, thats on you.

I had three serious concussions and and a few minor ones, now in my late 40s I don't have any depression symptoms or anything so I don't think it has caused any permanent damage. I don't think it's a definite thing fortunately. Two of mine were king hits that put me out cold before I hit the ground and I woke up in hospital. The second one I didn't know where I was or how the lead up could have happened. I lost about a week of memory. If that didn't give me brain damage Hunter should be okay.

chronic traumatic encephalopathy is emotive? Actually talking about a mark 17 years ago is emotive. Fact is that a player got shouldered at poace has multiple breaks in the jaw and will eat through a straw for eight weeks.

You obviously like that type of football with your posting. I don't like seeing any player injured. If it was Clark who did that to McKay, I would have the exact same position.
We are having multiple players retiring early with head knocks, we have had the AFL going down the path of protecting the head, taking it to the degree that a player missed a final because he hit a player high who was uninjured, and played on and played the following week with no concussion. He was suspended with potential to cause injury.

I said at the time the AFL had made a rod for its own back with this potential to cause injury.

Now we have a player out for two months, not potential, but actual injury. So you now have St.Kilda players suspended for potential to cause injury, and a St.Kilda players smashed out of the game for 8 weeks but no worries.

The nerve damage is the real worry. That could be permanent.

Don’t be like jb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So no response except to attack personally. Respond to what i posted instead of showing everybody you are just trying to troll
You are one trolling by making up emotive stuff like you just said about Clark nerve damage. Not one person is happy he is injured. That doesn’t mean those same some think it was a suspension offence. Don’t be like jb.

I had three serious concussions and and a few minor ones, now in my late 40s I don't have any depression symptoms or anything so I don't think it has caused any permanent damage. I don't think it's a definite thing fortunately. Two of mine were king hits that put me out cold before I hit the ground and I woke up in hospital. The second one I didn't know where I was or how the lead up could have happened. I lost about a week of memory. If that didn't give me brain damage Hunter should be okay.

but chronic traumatic encephalopathy is something to laugh and troll about according to some and is the same as Riewoldt taking a mark 17 years ago.

Yup right across it :rolleyes:

Stop trolling. Hunter Clark has nerve damage and multiple breaks to his jaw and you are putting laughing emoji's on post for anyone who says anything about it.
Dont be like neanderthal P66 who is just a troll.
The old troll comment. I was discussing the issue until you started with irrelevant posts which I explained were in context. I’m laughing at you. You anger towards people who have differing opinions to you then you say completecrap about people being happy that Clark got injured. It’s actually disgusting you put that on posters because we think both players were going for the ball. And apart from saints sites the majority agree with that.

And I will continue to laugh at you when you suggest things that not one person has said. It’s not laughing at the injury it’s laughing at your poor and angry way of discussing it.

The old troll comment. I was discussing the issue until you started with irrelevant posts which I explained were in context. I’m laughing at you. You anger towards people who have differing opinions to you then you say completecrap about people being happy that Clark got injured. It’s actually disgusting you put that on posters because we think both players were going for the ball. And apart from saints sites the majority agree with that.
Another troll. You think chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a joke and put laughing emoji's on post. You must feel guilty if you think being happy that someone was severely injured applies to you.
Oh well if the cap fits buddy. Most people don't go around putting laughing emomi's on people discussing the injury, but he you must think it funny.

Weird. Goodbye troll

Well I have diagnosed you with CFFB
Chronic footy forum bantititus
Incurable I hear.

And I will continue to laugh at you when you suggest things that not one person has said. It’s not laughing at the injury it’s laughing at your poor and angry way of discussing it.

You said he's being emotive for mentioning the dire long term effects of those kind of injuries while saying you will stop watching footy and everyone else will if they stop acts that cause those kinds of injuries. You don't see some hypocrisy?

Well I have diagnosed you with CFFB
Chronic footy forum bantititus
Incurable I hear.

I've not got depression but I've found a way to outsource it to you campaigners.

Another troll. You think chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a joke and put laughing emoji's on post. You must feel guilty if you think being happy that someone was severely injured applies to you.
Oh well if the cap fits buddy. Most people don't go around putting laughing emomi's on people discussing the injury, but he you must think it funny.

Weird. Goodbye troll
You really are funny.

You said he's being emotive for mentioning the dire long term effects of those kind of injuries while saying you will stop watching footy and everyone else will if they stop acts that cause those kinds of injuries. You don't see some hypocrisy?

self awareness :D :D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back