Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Metricon Sunday 18 Jul 6:10 PM - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a bye week before the finals? Could we potentially delay this round for a week and get ride of the bye week? Allows teams to settle in new locations and get proper scheduling for this round.

The AFL should have built a few byes into the fixture like every 6 rounds - they make some weekends boring but they would have had a lot more flexibility to delay matches.

Difference is that this particular guernsey looks a lot like the jersey of a NRL team. Swans have worked hard to build their own brand identity in Sydney and muddling things with another sporting team does not help.
NRL will be consigned to history in a matter of decades. Long live Australian Rules Football

Does anyone know why the Gabba is not being used?

4 games at Metricon but none there.

Having a look at the Qld Govt site it appears as if similar restrictions apply to the Gold Coast as they do to Brisbane City. :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why the Gabba is not being used?

4 games at Metricon but none there.

Having a look at the Qld Govt site it appears as if similar restrictions apply to the Gold Coast as they do to Brisbane City. :think:

isn't the gabba now being worked on as part of the olympics bid? think i read a story a month or so ago about cricket having to be moved, but that it would be out of action for other stuff too

Footy Live KPIs, some interesting comparative data Swans v Giants

Since around 9, the Swans have outscored their opponent by 13.4 points per game from interception possessions - ranked 3rd.

Sydney has recorded 32.9 points per game from forward half intercept possessions - 1st

21.3% of Sydney’s score has been launched from defensive 50 chain- the highest of any side

GWS
Since Round 9, GWS have been outscored by 17.3 points per game from intercept possessions. Ranked 17th

GWS have lost the forward half differential by 6 mins and 13 seconds per game - ranked 17th.

My favourite (and WOW).

The Swans have retained possessions from 73.7% of Errol Guldens kicks into the forward 50 - ranked no.1 of the top 150 kicks into the forward 50 in the AFL

isn't the gabba now being worked on as part of the olympics bid? think i read a story a month or so ago about cricket having to be moved, but that it would be out of action for other stuff too
How? Brisbane hasn’t even officially announced as the location yet. They’re just the preferred location atm

They have an event (Community stair climbing!) scheduled for next Sunday (25 July) and an AFL match (Bris v GC) the following weekend.

Games aren't until 2032 so can't imagine any impact at this stage.

So I reckon the mystery of 4 games at Metricon this weekend none at the Gabba remains.

How? Brisbane hasn’t even officially announced as the location yet. They’re just the preferred location atm

ok, must be something planned down the track ... as i said, i thought it was being done as part of the bid process ...

They have an event (Community stair climbing!) scheduled for next Sunday (25 July) and an AFL match (Bris v GC) the following weekend.

So I reckon the mystery of 4 games at Metricon this weekend none at the Gabba remains.
Gee that sounds like fun. Hope they squeeze it in after the beard growing contest.

I can solve the mystery!
I have a very good connection to someone quite high up in Stadiums Qld and the reasoning behind the no games at the Gabba is because the AFL are concerned that Brisbane could go into a snap lockdown because of the 3 new cases that developed up there last night, so decided the safest option was to keep all games at Metricon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back