Preview Gold Coast Swans vs Sydney Swans 7PM AEDT 18 Mar 23 @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suggesting, Yes. Unless proven otherwise, it is. Every club has their "draw" power. Every club is bound by the same Salary Cap rules. If one club can win a Premiership AND add to their strength in the off season, that's a trump card.
Aside from the natural advantages Geelong have over us in terms of being a Victorian club and location in terms of cost of living, I think it's pretty clear that we would never have gotten away with the Bowes/Pick 7 deal, or continually being able to raid other clubs of promising youngsters (even established stars such as Cameron), without some form of intervention or punishment.

That's not even including the rumours around third-party deals for spouses etc.

Last edited:

I'm assuming he does the rucking when the ball is in our fwd 50.
Something I recall happening a few times late last year and in the pre season, is Buddy in a couple of ruck contests. I'd certainly prefer McLean but if he or Ladhams doesn't get there in time, it's something that can happen.

Without buddy we wouldn't have gotten into the top 4 last year that's all I will say
Well yeah, we don't beat Richmond without him and therefore miss top 4. He was also not nearly as good as his usual self after that game for the rest of the season

Are you suggesting the rort that was Bowes/Pick 7 was just Geelong being better than us off-field?

Geelong are good at what they do, but to suggest we somehow fail in comparison, as if we're on a level playing field, is pretty superficial. That includes Henry and Bruhn (only in due to injuries).
No!

Are we serious about putting the GF behind us and having a real crack this year? If so this should be a 4+ goal win.
We need a 140% by end of season and no reason why this game shouldn't help us get that

If we are serious

We need a 140% by end of season and no reason why this game shouldn't help us get that

If we are serious
I'd be more concerned by the "losing in round 1" side of things, than the "losing to the Suns" side of things.

I think it's really important that we have a strong start to the year. A loss straight up would just increase the pressure on us.

I don't actually think losing to Gold Coast specifically has any bearing on how the team will perform this year (as shown in the last two years when we lost to them but still had successful seasons.)

I'd be more concerned by the "losing in round 1" side of things, than the "losing to the Suns" side of things.

I think it's really important that we have a strong start to the year. A loss straight up would just increase the pressure on us.

I don't actually think losing to Gold Coast specifically has any bearing on how the team will perform this year (as shown in the last two years when we lost to them but still had successful seasons.)
I just think we need a percentage of around 140 to be competitive for top 2 or 4 and to help get that we need to be more lethal on oppositions and win games we should

This is an example of a game we should absolutely win and potentially, be a percentage booster

But that's on paper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back