Preview Gold Coast Swans vs Sydney Swans 7PM AEDT 18 Mar 23 @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC will do us by 30 plus r1

They love playing us and love a jump normally
They weren't great early on last season, started 2-5, incl a win over the Eagles.

Since 2015, they've gone 3-5 in Round 1, with the wins against the Eagles (preceded by 3 Rd 1 losses), North and Bombers.

Thought Francis would have played allowing rampe to play foxes role

Must not impressed enough which isn’t surprising
If we're to believe the rumours, he wasn't the hardest of workers at Essendon.

Will take a while to get up to our club's standard, if he does at all.

Looks that way

Why didn’t he play practice match you think ?
I'm not too sure. Hoping his absence from the second practice match was injury-related, cause it's not a good sign if he couldn't even fit into the squad for a practice game.

But then again, he's named as an emergency, so he might not be as far off as he seems...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too sure. Hoping his absence from the second practice match was injury-related, cause it's not a good sign if he couldn't even fit into the squad for a practice game.

But then again, he's named as an emergency, so he might not be as far off as he seems...
Who is the alternative KPD? Aren't Melican and Gould injured? Doesn't take much for him to edge out Edwards at this point.

KPF even. We usually name 2 talls in emergencies, so he's beaten out Edwards and Owen.

Who is the alternative KPD? Aren't Melican and Gould injured? Doesn't take much for him to edge out Edwards at this point.

KPF even. We usually name 2 talls in emergencies, so he's beaten out Edwards and Owen.
Yeah I mean, I really have no idea. Francis is one player I just have no idea how or where to place right now, so just keeping my expectations low with him.

But it's funny, last year when we were basically at full-fitness and we had players like Ladhams, McLean, Cunningham, etc. as emergencies, our depth seemed amazing. It only takes a few injuries for those players to be in the team and the cupboard to all of a sudden look a little bare again.

(No disrespect to this week's named emergencies and everyone below them - they're just a lot more raw and a lot less proven and experienced.)

Yeah I mean, I really have no idea. Francis is one player I just have no idea how or where to place right now, so just keeping my expectations low with him.

But it's funny, last year when we were basically at full-fitness and we had players like Ladhams, McLean, Cunningham, etc. as emergencies, our depth seemed amazing. It only takes a few injuries for those players to be in the team and the cupboard to all of a sudden look a little bare again.

(No disrespect to this week's named emergencies and everyone below them - they're just a lot more raw and a lot less proven and experienced.)
Yeah injuries to the following will do that:

• no.1 ruck
  • usual backup ruck/KPF
  • best performing KPF in VFL last year
  • the 3 backup KPDs that haven't just arrived*

*Fox obviously best 22, but can be a 4th KPD option, or our best sometimes it seems (GF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back