Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the main issue coming from that performance?
No, but it's a consistent issue.

Having a slow team without much height is the rest, and shows we have too much faith in Kennedy, Newnes, Newman and Fisher to deliver some outside spark or contested work. Kennedy is the least to blame there at the moment, but he is a tactical weakness on the outside, as well as against hardened inside midfield units.

Bye Teaguey take the fitness guru Russell and Murphy with you. Time to sweep the broom through from the board to the boot studder there's a cancer at this club that turns anyone who enters into crap.
Time for a complete new coaching structure led by someone who actually can get players to play for the jumper again.
******* DISGRACEFUL!!!

None of the above.

Teague will prob get the arse, we will get in Lyon or Clarkson. Once the new coach comes in they’ll want to make wholesale changes to the list and how they play, despite saying the new coach has full autonomy to do what they want the club will make it hard for them, the relationship will sour and after three years we will be bottom of the ladder looking at another rebuild with an untried coach.. rinse and repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard day for the backline without any pressure coming from the mids. I know Willo has missed a lot of footy, but I think he’s done. Sammo can’t be there next year either, has been so disappointing. Trying to think of a positive out of the match, but I am coming up empty.

No tall forwards to speak of, but that was just unacceptable.

Not sure why Teague stepped away from the setup of the last few week, where we seemed to rush disposal and lacked composure again

Sorry, but the mid setup and clearance work has got worse after 5ge bye

That just sealed Teague's tenure

Now that the seasons done, we need to put the youngsters in with view to next year.

Murphy, Betts - thanks for your service
Cottrell, Newnes - handy VFL types

If Murphy plays 1 single minute of any upcoming games, Teague is only looking at self preservation and not the best interests of the CFC.
how the heck do you outs newnes :joycat:

Unfortunately, the repercussions will have a negative effect either way. We get another coach it becomes a cop out for the players. A fifth coach in a decade doesn't bode well for building culture.

On the other hand, the second half is a totally unacceptable performance that will roll over in to an ugly end to the season. Teams will sense we will have our tails down, mentally after this.

The fear will be ending the season horribly, getting a new coach, allowing a cop out for the players and going through the same cycle again.

I am not for sacking Teague but if it must it has to be for a coach that players fear the consequences of letting him down.

I'm not saying Murphy played well...

I'm saying might as well let him play 3 more since there's no chance we're making finals now.

Nah heck him.

He didn’t earn a spot for next week, let him have a stint in the reserves or in our scratchies or whatever is going with lower tier footy.

Sick of the club gifting him games and him turning out trash.

How many talls do we have over 193cm who are fit?

Cripps, Weitering, Jones, JSOS, and TDK?

A tall mid, 2 tall defenders, a tall utility player, and a ruckman.

Do we have any spares? Nope.

Is this a coaching issues? Nope.

Is this a list management issue? fu** yeah. We went into the MSD with 3 picks. We had 3 players on the LTI. The list management team knew that we were short on talls... but what did the list management team do? They picked a project ruckman and a small defender. I would be asking questions of Austin and his team as to why, knowing we needed a spare tall defender and a couple of tall forwards, he didn't pick any.

It's easy to say "It's all Teagues fault"... but jesus christ... you can only put the players available on the field to play. What a ******* utensil up by our list management team. We don't even have the two MSD recruits we drafted available to us because they are both ******* injured.

It was like 2 seasons ago I was jumping up and down cause we were way too tall on game day. How I long for those days now that I’ve seen this..

Back