Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye Teaguey take the fitness guru Russell and Murphy with you. Time to sweep the broom through from the board to the boot studder there's a cancer at this club that turns anyone who enters into crap.
Time for a complete new coaching structure led by someone who actually can get players to play for the jumper again.
******* DISGRACEFUL!!!
Andrew Russell is a fraud based on the available evidence. Our injury list is consistently one of the worst in the league.

No system is going to work when the mids refuse to man up, chase and have a high work ethic. It looked like they turned up thinking it would be easy. But I will just wait for everyone to blame the coaches and most likely plowman for some reason.
Also, no one will blame Austin and the list management team for not picking up some spare talls (apart from the now injured Mirkov... who is a project player at best) at the MSD. It's all Teague's fault the plebs will shout... and in a way... it is. He should have been crawling up Austin's arse to get at least a tall forward and a tall defender at the MSD.

Teague probably is done on the back of this but this loss came at selection. McKay out, our next tall Silvagni plays ruck. Curnow telling coaches he was ready and not played even though we had no forward structure. Then to top it off we bomb it long into the forward line to packs. Could’ve been well in control in the first half but blew it again as our game plan needs a power forward

We have far too many players that seem to be able to get themselves up for about 2-3 good quarters of football every few weeks.

I don't have the answers on whether that's because we've picked the wrong players or it's more on the coaches - probably both.

But just waaaay too many players that consistently cannot back up good performances, even partially, over multiple weeks.

Several that were near our best 6 days ago just went completely missing today. That just cannot happen if you aspire to be a top side.

I've got a bag of popcorn and a 6 pack to sit back and watch the same posters make excuses and defend this sh*t and the club.
Injuries are not an excuse so don't insult me.
Now go for it!
Injuries are at least some excuse, but we need to question our injury management and high performance. Is Russell really worth the money were spending on him?

Just shut this thread down, nothing good can come of this.

This could have been said about 200 times over the life of the Carlton forum on BigFooty.

None of the above.

Teague will prob get the arse, we will get in Lyon or Clarkson. Once the new coach comes in they’ll want to make wholesale changes to the list and how they play, despite saying the new coach has full autonomy to do what they want the club will make it hard for them, the relationship will sour and after three years we will be bottom of the ladder looking at another rebuild with an untried coach.. rinse and repeat.

...and how can things be any worse than they are now.

Imagine a pre-season if Teague stays - what hope could you sell to the club or players ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for a laugh. I said it during the game, these are the games this club puts up every season. It's why I laugh at finals talk during the year and at the rubbish posted pre-season when we somehow become a top 4 side and have 40 AA calibre players on our list.

Mentally weak side who go to water when any expectation is out on them. You could tell early on they came in with a s**t mentality. Soft, tackling half assed, not willing to run, not willing to get their hands dirty.

Coaching was pathetic but I'm more disgusted in the players. Same s**t, different year. Basically the same as the crows game late last year. (And Cripps celebrating another goal when down by 7 goals to 18th side)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Absolutely shattering.

But, it might've been the loss we needed to have. 40 point belting to the bottom team when we're trying to make finals.

And it's the way it happened... same sh*t we've been watching all year, cut up from teams rebounding from d50 and waltzing forward unmanned.

It's clear change is required.

Agree that this was the ideal result, in terms of the loss but also the manner.
Can't see Luke Sayers sitting back and maintaining the status quo.

No..gifting non performing players games is setting a bad example and highly unprofessional

Been doing it all year. A few more is going to make no difference.

Getting rid of Teague and some assistants might bring the change we need.

This season is shot and so is the current coaching panel.

Let Murphy get his 300, cleanout some of the coaching panel starting with Teague and set a new standard going forward.

And here we go again, new coach incoming..how many coaches will we go through til we make finals?

Well Brittain did, Pagan didn't, Ratten did, Malthouse did but with an asterisk, Bolton didn't, Teague hasn't. All that adds up to .... me not having a clue.

Death, taxes and Carlton having an almighty choke whenever there's a sniff of making finals. Brilliant.

There's some serious work needed in the middle mainly, Cripps back in and almost all of our midfielders have a stinker (Dow was not too bad, tried hard all game)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Dow has effort and pace when going for the ball but zero pace and effort when he has to chase and pressure. So for me overall he still has a long way to go.

Back