Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine your senior coach telling the media at half time that we know that we are getting hurt on transition with them slingshotting from our forward 50 and we need to fix it. Then concede 7 goals in the third with no visible tactical improvement to fix that said problem.

Our boys were insipid today and were coach killers, but if you excuse that coaching performance, the wool is over your eyes. This isn’t about the history of the club sacking coaches anymore - it’s what’s going to win us a ******* premiership. He and most of the backroom staff aren’t up to it and I get more weary by the week. Today was 3 qtrs worth of a train wreck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the offseason we need to spend money on a gun sports psychologist and a goal kicking coach. Sports psychologist should help our boys learn to crack in when the going gets tough and not look around for others to pick up the slack and a goal kicking coach to help us execute the basic fundamentals of the game.

A thumping to the bottom side (again) is as good a reason as any.

Nope, we wear it (again), we feel it. We lose together and we win together. We tell the club what is good and what is not. We rehabilitate and we go again.

Positive: I watched the game on delay due to work commitments so I was able to watch pretty much the entire 2nd half in 10mins.

When H went out last night we were totally stuffed even before that Norf had some juicy odds and were probably best bet of the round.

The Saints in their yearly GF against us will be fun next week.
I just hope we have 22 fit players to select.

Membrey 6 goals.

No tall forwards to speak of, but that was just unacceptable.

Not sure why Teague stepped away from the setup of the last few week, where we seemed to rush disposal and lacked composure again

Sorry, but the mid setup and clearance work has got worse after 5ge bye

That just sealed Teague's tenure

Wow Arrow. Love this from you. Agreed

In the offseason we need to spend money on a gun sports psychologist and a goal kicking coach. Sports psychologist should help our boys learn to crack in when the going gets tough and not look around for others to pick up the slack and a goal kicking coach to help us execute the basic fundamentals of the game.

Funny enough, one of the most conditional players we have in Jack Martin, really cracked in a lot today.

How many talls do we have over 193cm who are fit?

Cripps, Weitering, Jones, JSOS, and TDK?

A tall mid, 2 tall defenders, a tall utility player, and a ruckman.

Do we have any spares? Nope.

Is this a coaching issues? Nope.

Is this a list management issue? fu** yeah. We went into the MSD with 3 picks. We had 3 players on the LTI. The list management team knew that we were short on talls... but what did the list management team do? They picked a project ruckman and a small defender. I would be asking questions of Austin and his team as to why, knowing we needed a spare tall defender and a couple of tall forwards, he didn't pick any.

It's easy to say "It's all Teagues fault"... but jesus christ... you can only put the players available on the field to play. What a ******* utensil up by our list management team. We don't even have the two MSD recruits we drafted available to us because they are both ******* injured.

Many are at fault.

Teague is a fault for being a reactive game-day coach. And for picking players who have proven they are not up to it.

List management is at fault for everything you describe above.

Russell is at fault for us having one of the longest injury lists in the league.

Plenty of fault to go around.

But all I know is that we are a shambles of a club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

terrible game but good on the Roos for sending us back to reality, they played well. It is obvious now that we are more of a bottom 6 team than a finals fancy. Time to go to the draft and keep building for the future. I can’t see a premiership with this team currently constructed. Build around walshy and Harry. Use the mature Agers are trade bait and get some professionalism around the club. We’ve looked miles off it for the majority of the year and it’s not even on DT. These players are not up for it.

Can we nominate one poor sap to watch Teagues presser on behalf of all of us and give us the lowdown. I just can’t do it anymore, even in our last few wins.

Oh no. If he says that we just need to get better, I'm going to break something.

Eddie Betts:

No Marks

No Tackles

One kick

One handball

No score.

The worst part about this is how terrible we are with the ball in our forward 50. He has not helped improve our structure as the "on field coach" as many profess. Time to retire.

Back