Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve seen this before though. Sell your best player for a lot of money and spend it on a few who aren’t as good.

They’ve made some good signings but none will be anywhere near as influential as Grealish is for them.

Thought they were fine last season when Grealish missed. Took them a while but they adapted. Don't think they'll drop off as much as some would think when losing their best player. Biggest intrigue for me is how Ings and Watkins will work together.

Thought they were fine last season when Grealish missed. Took them a while but they adapted. Don't think they'll drop off as much as some would think when losing their best player. Biggest intrigue for me is how Ings and Watkins will work together.
Won 3 of 12 games that he missed.

Won 3 of 12 games that he missed.

Lazy analysis, the teams they lost to were Liverpool, Spurs, United, Leicester and City. Only 'bad' loss was to Sheff United.

Reckon Smith may have to finish top 6 for him to keep his job though.

Yeah not sure this spending or their performance reflects on him much at all. Most Villa supporters wanted him gone after their first season back in the PL.

I am a lifelong Villa fan and i am chuffed with our owners on the business they have done the past 2 seasons...losing Jack is a tough one, i wish him all the best and i understand his decision, i still expect Villa to push for a top 6 place next season, with more moves to come, very exciting

Yeah not sure this spending or their performance reflects on him much at all. Most Villa supporters wanted him gone after their first season back in the PL.
It reminds me a little bit of Nigel Adkins at Southampton in a way.

I just think if they say finish 10th and the owners say well we've spent 150m etc. we expect European football. Would be harsh though.

I don’t know if they’ll drop off, just can’t see them challenging for Europe.

They finished 11th last season and have now lost their best player. I reckon they’ll probably be around the same mark again this season.

It reminds me a little bit of Nigel Adkins at Southampton in a way.

I just think if they say finish 10th and the owners say well we've spent 150m etc. we expect European football. Would be harsh though.

Great shout, could definitely see that sort of transition mid-season if they're only mid-table. Everyone will scream that it's harsh, but then could bring in a top-line manager to propel to the next level as Soton did.

I don’t know if they’ll drop off, just can’t see them challenging for Europe.

They finished 11th last season and have now lost their best player. I reckon they’ll probably be around the same mark again this season.

PL season under the belt of guys like Konsa, Watkins, etc. I can't see them finishing outside the top 8, much less top 10.

Lazy analysis, the teams they lost to were Liverpool, Spurs, United, Leicester and City. Only 'bad' loss was to Sheff United.
Draws against Brom and injury hit Wolves and Newcastle when they were struggling ..but yeah lazy

Draws against Brom and injury hit Wolves and Newcastle when they were struggling ..but yeah lazy

Beat your mob so they can't have been too poor.

So pulling out the games that they would have lost/struggled in even with Grealish, they won 3 out of 7, losing one. Not terrible, and as I suggested, they got used to playing without him.

Last edited:

I'm very confused with Peps whole talk in interviews that they don't have any money to spend on a striker yet paying 100 mil for Grealish...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very confused with Peps whole talk in interviews that they don't have any money to spend on a striker yet paying 100 mil for Grealish...

I would say there is the fact that they've recouped/are going to recoup a fair bit in transfer fees (not going to use the term because the overplayed joke is overplayed) to help, plus the standard funds from winning the PL etc.

Beat your mob so they can't have been too poor.

So pulling out the games that they would have lost/struggled in even with Grealish, they won 3 out of 7, losing one. Not terrible, and as I suggested, they got used to playing without him.
Means nothing…we were poor that game.

Point is with Grealish they had some good results against some of the better teams.

Who knows…Watkins will improve..was very impressive and they really did need another striker and Ings will be good. Bailey and Buendia nice pick ups but not sure on impact…certainly top half finish expected.

We’ve seen this before though. Sell your best player for a lot of money and spend it on a few who aren’t as good.

They’ve made some good signings but none will be anywhere near as influential as Grealish is for them.
Arsenal have a few times been made keen on Buendia who was a talisman for promoted Norwich.

Few European clubs were trying to snare Leon Bailey a few times with us heavily linked the last 2 years.

Ings everyone thought would go again to European chasing Arsenal or Europa Conference Spurs. About to do the same with JWP.

Sure they have lost a CL quality player in Grealish but bringing in 4 that are at the very least European football standard is different to when we brought in Paulinho, Chiriches etc.

I would say there is the fact that they've recouped/are going to recoup a fair bit in transfer fees (not going to use the term because the overplayed joke is overplayed) to help, plus the standard funds from winning the PL etc.
Obscene.

Arsenal have a few times been made keen on Buendia who was a talisman for promoted Norwich.

Few European clubs were trying to snare Leon Bailey a few times with us heavily linked the last 2 years.

Ings everyone thought would go again to European chasing Arsenal or Europa Conference Spurs. About to do the same with JWP.

Sure they have lost a CL quality player in Grealish but bringing in 4 that are at the very least European football standard is different to when we brought in Paulinho, Chiriches etc.
Never thought Ings was top 6 club material don't know why he hyped himself up so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back