Australian Vaccine Rollout

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we are ahead of some US states and we are ahead of NZ I assume they didnt just focus on us?

And did they compare numbers dying as a key driver for uptake levels?

I assume you read the entire articles not just the headings ?

Got any examples, BTW ?
2nd bottom in the OECD but with major outbreaks, isn't something to be proud of.

Canada had a similar rate of P/P vaccination increase as Australia exiting March, but rapidly turned that around. Shocking that a nation with equivalent purchasing power and access, couldn't keep pace and/adopt the same strategies.

The best way might be the Reff of the virus in your population given the number of vaxed people. This would take into account some areas naturally having higher Reff's due to population density etc. This would be quite a convoluted metric to calculate, so a percentage figure is probably a good proxy.
There's more epidemiologists around than street workers in St Klida at the moment. Surely one of them could work through the convolutions to find a better system.

2nd bottom in the OECD but with major outbreaks, isn't something to be proud of.

Canada had a similar rate of P/P vaccination increase as Australia exiting March, but rapidly turned that around. Shocking that a nation with equivalent purchasing power and access, couldn't keep pace and/adopt the same strategies.

We have one outbreak that may be considered major and that’s just compared to our extremely low tolerance, yet every other country in the world would love only 300 daily cases…

The outbreaks in VIC and NSW were probably the best thing for Scomo to get the rollout back on track in terms of uptake.

At the cost of his leadership however

I don't think that's a price scomo wanted to pay.

Its cute that you think the world press focusses on Australia.

What you mean is The Guardian Online with articles written by Australian contributors.

I assume they list the lack of people dying as the major cause for low uptake ?

If we are so short of vaccines why are we giving millions of doses to our SE Asian neighbours who have huge issues with deaths ?

Why can’t a 30y/o walk off the street and have Pfizer?

Why can’t a 30y/o walk off the street and have Pfizer?

Because that isnt how it works with most vaccines.

Regular flu vaccine needs to be booked. My last one I had to wait about a month. So it was similar to waiting for my Pfizer jab (2nd shot this Sunday).

You realise 16 billion doses are needed, right? And 16 billion doses have not yet been manufactured?

This is why the govt wanted to manufacture vaccines. To be able to control supply. AZ allow it. The others dont.

In NSW a 30 year old can make a booking and get AZ the next day (or maybe in a few days depending on how much demand there is in their area).

In QLD the Premier or CHO would probably call them up and direct them to Pete Evan's website to find out the real truth about vaccines.

Because that isnt how it works with most vaccines.

Regular flu vaccine needs to be booked. My last one I had to wait about a month. So it was similar to waiting for my Pfizer jab (2nd shot this Sunday).

You realise 16 billion doses are needed, right? And 16 billion doses have not yet been manufactured?

This is why the govt wanted to manufacture vaccines. To be able to control supply. AZ allow it. The others dont.

In NSW a 30 year old can make a booking and get AZ the next day (or maybe in a few days depending on how much demand there is in their area).

In QLD the Premier or CHO would probably call them up and direct them to Pete Evan's website to find out the real truth about vaccines.

You do realise we are in lockdown because a 30y/o cannot book a vaccine

You do realise we are in lockdown because a 30y/o cannot book a vaccine

Victoria? That is something you should take up with Dan. In NSW I have a few friends in their 30s who have been booking vaccines.

I dont think I know anyone who hasnt had, or is due to have their 1st vaccine. Most people I know have either had their 2nd shot, or will be having their 2nd shot in the next couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are all the rules. In VIC if youre 18 to 39 you can get vaccinated.

thats only just recently however - until now you needed to:

1) go to a GP in the national GP program, and discuss your suitability for AZ

2) book a second appointment for the vax

the issue was many people were being rejected at (1) because:

- the indemnity issue was still being finalized, or
- they wanted to only endorse existing clients, or
- they were declining full stop to recommend AZ for anyone under 50

the vic clinics now being able to administer same as nsw (no need for gp referral) makes it a lot easier

thats only just recently however - until now you needed to:

1) go to a GP in the national GP program, and discuss your suitability for AZ

2) book a second appointment for the vax

the issue was many people were being rejected at (1) because:

- the indemnity issue was still being finalized, or
- they wanted to only endorse existing clients, or
- they were declining full stop to recommend AZ for anyone under 50

the vic clinics now being able to administer same as nsw (no need for gp referral) makes it a lot easier

QuietB used present tense so I assumed it was a current comment.

In NSW its been the case at least for a few weeks.

QuietB used present tense so I assumed it was a current comment.

In NSW its been the case at least for a few weeks.

yep - as ive been saying for weeks if its "safe" for NSW to go all ages due to its covid exposure, it should have been okay for all

the atagi thing has been a trainwreck

yep - as ive been saying for weeks if its "safe" for NSW to go all ages due to its covid exposure, it should have been okay for all

the atagi thing has been a trainwreck

They are just changing based on relative risk which is the scientific way to do it.

The problem is most people arent scientists and are generally lazy and not willing to do even limited searching. Or call any of the covid hotlines. Or speak to their GP.

They are just changing based on relative risk which is the scientific way to do it.

The problem is most people arent scientists and are generally lazy and not willing to do even limited searching. Or call any of the covid hotlines. Or speak to their GP.

GP's are a big part of the problem. many refused to give to young people because of the atagi advice

GP's are a big part of the problem. many refused to give to young people because of the atagi advice
It’s more about covering their own arse in the event they say yes to somebody who actually goes on to have issues even though it’s literally 1 in a million.
I had AZ yesterday, pharmacy down the road had a QR code out the front they were doing it, scanned it and got it the next day, could have got it that same day if I wanted to.

Some are just morons. I know people in their 40s who have been told no, and had to go to a different GP.

And I know people in their early 30s who have had no problem.

Everyone’s favourite Twitter Doc is big on pushing AZ, as he pointed out the very unreported risks of heart problems from Pfizer is 1 in 25,000 compared to the 1 in a 200,000 chances of a blood clot from AZ which is widely reported.

Some are just morons. I know people in their 40s who have been told no, and had to go to a different GP.

And I know people in their early 30s who have had no problem.
At the end of the day if you give the shot to a 30 years old against the official advise and they have blood clot and die, you are directly liable in a compensation case and also may lose you license to practise.

I would not be rushing to inject anyone against the tagi advice.
Scomo is a brainless campaigner who seeks power and believes an invisible sky fairy chose him to rule Australia in a miracle.
I would take the advice of a group of highly skilled professionals specifically trained and experienced in the feild over the **** wit who claims to be our PM in an instant.

At the end of the day if you give the shot to a 30 years old against the official advise and they have blood clot and die, you are directly liable in a compensation case and also may lose you license to practise.

Scomo is a brainless campaigner who seeks power and believes an invisible sky fairy chose him to rule Australia in a miracle.
I would take the advice of a group of highly skilled professionals specifically trained and experienced in the feild over the fu** wit who claims to be our PM in an instant.

The official advice is to give the shot.

Covid has a FAR higher chance of causing blood clots.

No doctor giving advice which matches ATAGI is going to lose a cent.

I would take the advice of a group of highly skilled professionals specifically trained and experienced in the feild over the fu** wit who claims to be our PM in an instant.
To be honest the only people who should be liable should be the government. After all they're the ones issuing the call to arms to get jabbed with whatever.
If they want people to take the risk(A bit a very very minor one at that) then they should be the ones to stump up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back