Opinion Unpopular Opinions: Dons Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew McGrath should be an elite lockdown small defender instead of an inside mid in some matchups.
Locking down Tom Papley, Toby Greene, Charlie Cameron would go a long way to us winning games against these teams.

I'd like to see Jordan Ridley in the midfield.
I see his reading the play, marking poise, kicking ability all elite.
Wouldn't be surprised if he then turned out to be the Josh Dunkley type player we were looking for.

Andrew McGrath should be an elite lockdown small defender instead of an inside mid in some matchups.
Locking down Tom Papley, Toby Greene, Charlie Cameron would go a long way to us winning games against these teams.
Couldn’t agree with this more

Would be best for the team, but a hard decision to make with a number 1 pick

He's pretty much our only consistent 2 way runner on the inside.

Oh well, I'd prefer a more damaging Nick Smith to another small inside mid.
I'd prefer to have more consistent two way runners (which will actually stop the opposition scoring more) than a good small defender.More defensive running from inside midfielders will stop oppositions scoring more than shifting McGrath into defence, where Hind and Redman do a decent job anyway.

I'd prefer to have more consistent two way runners (which will actually stop the opposition scoring more) than a good small defender.More defensive running from inside midfielders will stop oppositions scoring more than shifting McGrath into defence, where Hind and Redman do a decent job anyway.
This is the unpopular opinions thread Eth, thanks for validating my submission ;)

Not sure if this counts as it doesn’t pertain to Essendon, but Eddie Betts has been cooked for three years now. Reckon he definitely should have pulled the pin at the end of 2019.*

*to be clear, he’s done a magnificent job articulating some of the racial issues present in the AFL and broader society. I just think his time was up a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My unpopular opinion.

Smith deserves to have a free kick or 50m penalty paid against him every single time he hits a player late or dumps a player off the ball, even if it's soft. Umpires paying closer attention to him is 100% his own fault and fully warranted. I'm comfortable with umpires judging his actions harsher than opposition players.

I don't think I've complained about a free kick being paid against Smith for 7-8 weeks.

I love this idea. He is a tenacious player who seems better at reacting than being proactive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back