• Pick 8 and 27 with 18 coming back

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • pick 8 with 18 coming back

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 53 32.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking this chance to encourage everyone to vote in the two threads that are more important than spitballing about Neale

If you havent already please vote for the Board MVP and Post Of The year

Board MVP:

Post of the Year

Interesting re Duff and Quarters, I knew Neale and Kersten didn't see eye to eye, I didn't know Kersten roughed him up and slapped him around in front of his team mates.

Kersten really was an absolute blight on our football club.
Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Comes around as a entitled brat. Seen him out a few times.

It's not a knock on Neale.

It is just when you have Serong, Brayshaw and Fyfe operating as in and under players ….we need pace on the outside and some forward line marking-goal kicking options.

Lose a young Cerra and bring in an older duplication of a position we already have depth in. I guarantee you Freo would not have done a straight swap of Serong or Brayshaw for Neale.

Neale is a great player and perfect for where Brisbane are at the moment. We take 2 decent picks to the draft and get to group 2 more players around Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Henry, Chapman & Darcy.

Losing Cerra hurts way more than not getting Neale ….way more.
Always the voice of wisdom

It's not a knock on Neale.

It is just when you have Serong, Brayshaw and Fyfe operating as in and under players ….we need pace on the outside and some forward line marking-goal kicking options.

Lose a young Cerra and bring in an older duplication of a position we already have depth in. I guarantee you Freo would not have done a straight swap of Serong or Brayshaw for Neale.

Neale is a great player and perfect for where Brisbane are at the moment. We take 2 decent picks to the draft and get to group 2 more players around Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Henry, Chapman & Darcy.

Losing Cerra hurts way more than not getting Neale ….way more.
Signing Banfield throws him a bone. He can fill in the midfield, like the last two games.
JLo, to much surprise, actually did some nice midfield rotations. Switter, Crowden, Banfield. Hungry players can work okay.

We arent out of the woods until the trade period is over as far as I'm concerned.

The approach is perfect to get the gutless fu**heads on social media who attack a heavily pregnant lady to turn their attention to the real villains "the media"

He may well stay but I'd be surprised if discussions arent going on behind closed doors.

He'll 100% try to come back next year or the year after
He'll be "30" then, worth way less and our 2021 draftees will have a year of experience in the bag.
Giving picks up for him this year would be a disaster, if we bring him home any other year it mightn't be so bad

I just heard Neale is staying at Brisbane...

Looking forward to hitting the draft this year!

Mark Duffield said it best: Lachie would take us closer to finals, but further away from a premiership.

This is the right decision from a long-term perspective. I don't want to just play finals, I want a premiership and sustained success for our club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, the reigning Brownlow medallist is a horrendous fit.

Yes, we need (in no particular order) tall forwards, speed, mids with classy kicks, tall forwards, medium skilful forwards that can lead, speed, big bodied hybrid mids, tall forwards, speed and footskills (and tall forwards and speed).

Neale gives us none of that, will cost a boatload, push Serong out of his preferred position. Obviously the brownlow medalist would make any team better; we would get a marginal boost in our midfield for like 3 years and the holes in our list would remain

The fact that you are salty about the decision speaks volumes.

After watching Simon Garlick on the news the other night, I got the feeling that Fremantle were not happy to have been thrown under the bus.
I am not sure that the club would even have been prepared to discuss the deal.
It would have been interesting had they said no. Would they have wanted to come "HOME" to the Yellas?

I just heard Neale is staying at Brisbane...

Looking forward to hitting the draft this year!

Mark Duffield said it best: Lachie would take us closer to finals, but further away from a premiership.

This is the right decision from a long-term perspective. I don't want to just play finals, I want a premiership and sustained success for our club.
Let us celebrate...

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back